Chapter 17

The next week all the serpents waved off Betty and FP as they went to the father daughter dance. Betty looked gorgeous in her blue shimmering dress, and Toni had done her makeup, she looked like a goddess. While they were at the dance jughead was in a bad mood because one of the suppliers they used for beer had cancelled on them and it took hours to sort out. Unfortunately for Betty when her and FP arrived back later that night with smiles on their faces Betty went straight to jug to tell him all about the dance but he pushed her away when she went in for a hug. "What? Jug?" She said confused. "Leave me alone Betty! You're in the way!" Jug yelled. Betty's face dropped and she walked upstairs to get out of her dress. "Jug what the hell?!" FP said. "He's in a mood" Toni said and filled FP in about the suppliers. Jughead went upstairs to find Betty. She had changed out of her dress and was in leggings and a hoodie, makeup smeared down her face. "Betty" Jug started but she ignored him and started putting on her shoes. "Betty. Talk to me" he pleaded. "Why? I'm in the way aren't I ?" She said. "Oh my god Betty! I came to apologise but you make everything about you all the time don't you?!" He said, his anger with the day getting the better of him. "How?! You said you wanted me to stay with you!" She yelled back. "Well maybe I changed my mind!" He screamed and instantly regretted it when she took a step back like he had slapped her and tears fell down her face. Guilt hit him instantly. "Betty... I didn't mean..." he started but was interrupted when she grabbed her phone and fled the apartment she ran down the stairs all the serpents staring as Jug Followed behind her. "Betty! Wait! I didn't mean it!" Jug said. Betty stopped and turned around to face him. "Well you were pretty convincing to me!" She sobbed. "Don't go" he said. "You just told me you don't want me to live with you! What else were you lying about?!" She yelled. The serpents still watching. She wiped her hands across her face and blood smeared across her face from where she was digging her nails in her Palms. "Betts.. your hands" Jug said. Betty scoffed. "They're not your problem... you don't seem to want my problems" she cried before running out the bar. "Jughead! What the hell did you say that for?!" Toni yelled before running after Betty. "God Jug! She was so happy tonight she was so excited to tell you all about it... why did you do that?!" FP said. Toni ran back in and said "she's gone".

Betty was wandering around the streets of riverdale for a while. Where could she go? She couldn't go back, her mother didn't want her and she didn't want to get her friends involved. Eventually she gave up and went to Veronica's. when she arrived Veronica opened the door. "B? What happened?" Veronica asked, taking in Betty's appearance. Betty just broke down in her arms. Eventually she told Veronica the whole story and Veronica said she could stay with her for as long as she wanted. Veronica texted Archie and Kevin telling them what was going on and they came round to comfort Betty. When Betty was in the bath, Veronica made her way to the bar to go and get some of Betty's clothes. Upon arriving all eyes were on her. "Veronica?! Where's Betty?!" Jug said running up to her. "I need her clothes please" Veronica said. "Why?" Sweetpea said. "Jug here kicked her out and she was wandering the streets, because as you know everyone else kicked her out so she's currently crying herself into oblivion and she has no clean clothes that aren't covered in her blood." Veronica said bluntly. "I need to see her! I didn't mean to take my anger out on her!" Jug pleaded. Before Veronica could respond Kevin rang her saying Betty left and they can't find her.

The Serpents and Betty's friends were all looking the streets of riverdale for Betty. Little did they know she was already back at the empty bar. Betty's life the past few months had been hell and now she felt like she had nothing left so she wrote a note:

I'm sorry!
Until next time
Betty xox

When everyone went back to the bar to regroup they found the Betty and the note. "Betty!" Jug said, running over to her. "No! No you can't be here for this" she sobbed, everyone was shocked they had never seen her so broken. "For what?" Archie said stepping towards her. Betty had her medication in one hand and the note in the other, she passed Archie the note. "Betty, pass me the bottle" Archie said calmly. "This isn't the answer!" He pleaded. "I have Nothing! Nobody loves me!" She screamed. "I do! I do! So much baby!" Jug said, wrapping her up in his embrace. "I didn't mean what I said! I was having a shitty day! I promise I'll never do it again! I love you betts, we all do, we can't lose you!" Jug said. "You do?" She said and he nodded. "I love you too" she said before she sobbed into his chest. She was home. Jug was her home. They were going to be okay, they were always okay.