Chapter 3

After the next two periods, it was your lunch time, which you also had with Ara.
"Wanna go eat in Mr. Seo's classroom?" Ara asked.
"Sure." you said as you stood up. You and Ara occasionally ate in Mr. Seo's classroom instead of the cafeteria because you preferred talking to him instead of eavesdropping on gossip. Well, Ara was the one who always ate. You never brought your lunch to school because you wanted to eat after school instead. You just talked with Ara and Mr. Seo. You and Ara went to his class to find that the lights were off inside and the room was locked.
"Hm. He's not here today. That's weird, he's always here." Ara said. You pouted.
"Darn. Does that mean we have to stay at the cafeteria today?" You asked. She shook her head.

"Nope!" she said. You lifted an eyebrow.
"Then where?"
"Mr. Kim's classroom!"
"WHAT."
"Let's go!" Ara said before she grabbed your wrist and dragged you all the way to your new teacher's office.
"Ara, I don't even know who he is!" you said.
"We all don't, and that's why I want to try to be friends with him! He doesn't seem that old anyways, I think he would be fun to talk to!" she said. You groaned before following her as she continued to drag you.

When you arrived at his office, there was a little sign at the right of the door that said 'Mr. Kim.' You gulped as Ara slowly opened the door.
"Mr. Kim??" she asked.
"Come in." you heard his voice say. Ara grabbed your wrist again and dragged you inside. He was eating a Hershey's bar.
"Can we eat in here? We were going to eat in Mr. Seo's class, but he wasn't here." she said.
"Sure, I wouldn't mind a little company." he said as he smiled at you. You felt your face heat up. Damn, no matter how hard you tried you couldn't resist staring at his eyes.

Ara got two chairs and gestured you to sit down.
"I probably ruined my own first impression today, didn't I?" Mr. Kim asked as you sat down.
"Aha, well.....I can't say you didn't....but that was mostly Alex's fault, right?" you asked.
"Yeah, you seem like a nice person." Ara added. Mr. Kim smiled sheepishly and bit his Hershey's Bar.
"Then again, what did I expect? You all have to listen to a short, 21 year old P.E. teacher." he said. You and Ara's eyes widened.
"You're only 21 years old?!" Ara asked.
"Well, yes. I already graduated because I was able to build enough credit in Middle School and High School." he said. You huffed. He must be really really smart.

"I didn't even know you could do that." you said. He chuckled.
"Not a lot of people do it, I just wanted to." he said. That meant he was only two years older than you.
"You two are 18, right?" he asked.
"19, actually. Are mothers both made us start school late." Ara replied.
"Oh....." he said and then looked at you.
"You aren't going to eat?" he asked.
"Oh, uh, I don't eat lunch at school." you said.
"Don't you starve during class, though? How can you go through an entire school day like that?" he asked.
"I guess I'm used to it." you said, although you did feel a bit hungry after he mentioned it. He then reached into his pocket and tossed you a chocolate bar. You caught it and looked up at him, earning a wink, which made you blush.

Ara stared at the two of you.
"Why do I feel like such a third wheel right now?" she asked, making your eyes widen again.
"WHAT. ARA!" you freaked as you stood up.
"What? Seriously! I felt this serious tension between you guys, and then I realised that you're only two years apart, and then he winked at you so then you blushed more than I've ever seen you blush in my entire life! OMIGOD, I should totally get you guys together, you know how good I am at matchmaking, this is going to be so fun, HAHAHA-"

You covered her mouth as she continued to spew out nonsense. Your face was red in embarrassment while Mr. Kim just grinned in amusement.
"Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up!" you said as her bickering was muffled by your hand. She then licked your hand and you yelped.
"EW! ARA, DID YOU JUST LICK MY HAND?!" You said as you held your hand in the air as if it was contaminated.
"MR. KIM, YOU SHOULD TOTALLY ASK
(Y/N)  OUT!" Ara shouted and you screamed.
"AGHHHHHHH! I AM SO SORRY, MR. KIM, SHE'S BEING A LITTLE HYPER, I THINK WE SHOULD GO NOW!" you said as Ara rolled on the floor and laughed her head off.

You wiped your hand on her shirt and grabbed her arm, dragging her onto her feet.
"Hey!" she said, coughing from laughing too much.
"Come on, come on! I don't need you to embarrass me anymore!" you said.
"It was WORTH IT! Bye, Mr. Kim!" Ara said as you brought her outside.
"You should at least say bye to him!" Ara said. You groaned.
"Bye, Mr. Kim......" you said.
"Bye, (Y/N)." he said as he smiled before the door closed. His voice sounded so gentle when he said your name.......

You shook away the thought before hitting Ara's arm slightly.
"Do you want to die?" you grumbled.
"It was hilarious! Mark my words, (Y/N), I'm going to get you and Mr. Kim together!" she said. You rolled your eyes.
"Yeah. I'll be glad to know that my best friend is trying to get me to date my P.E. teacher." you said sarcastically. She just giggled before heading to her next class when the bell rang.