Chapter 51

Author's Note: Yayyyyy long chapter!! (2366 words!!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day, all the seniors got ready to go to the fireworks festival after eating breakfast. You brought a small backpack with you and waited at the main entrance for Ara and Jinhwan. A bit later, you saw Jinhwan walking out of the elevator. You waved at him with a bright smile and he smiled back, hurrying over to you.
"Hey, Baby, you look really pretty, today." he said cheerfully.
"Thanks, Jinny." you replied. "Ara said she's going to be down in a bit, apparently she's facetiming Chanwoo."
"Aw.....I can just imagine him telling her how much he misses her." Jinhwan said.
"Yeah, I bet you Ara kissed the screen at least once." you grinned. The two of you looked at each other before bursting into laughter.

"Heyyyyyyyy!" Ara said from the distance. She came skipping out of the elevator.
"Well, you're in an extremely good mood today." you said.
"Of course I am! I saw Chanwoo earlier." Ara said.
"Did he tell you how much he loves you?" Jinhwan asked as you all began to walk to the parking lot.
"Well, duhhhhhhhhh. Oh my gosh, he's just the most adorable thing ever, I just want to hug him until he dies!" Ara exclaimed.
"Yeesh. I didn't know you were so whipped for him." you said.
"Gahhh! Don't remind me, I'm going to start smiling and I won't be able to stop!" Ara squealed.
"Uh, I think you're already doing that." Jinhwan said.

The festival was crowded with loads of people. The seniors in your school had to wear a blue wristband to make sure that everyone would recognize each other.
"You guys are free to do whatever you want, but you have to come back to this spot right after the firework show ends. Then we're heading back to the hotel." Jinhwan announced to everybody. Everyone was then dismissed and they scattered about, disappearing into the crowd.

There were lots of food and souvenir stands everywhere. You had money with you so you thought of buying something from the festival.
"Hey, let's look around over there, they're selling keychains!" Ara said. You walked over to the stand and there were a variety of keychains displayed.
"These are cute! Maybe I should get one for Chanwoo." Ara said.
"That's a nice idea." you replied. "Which one are you going to get him?"
"I'm thinking about this fox one, it kind of looks like him." Ara said.
"Oh yeah, it does! Ha! That's funny." Jinhwan laughed. While Ara went to pay for the keychain, you stared at a small cat one.
"Do you want anything, Baby? I'll get you something." Jinhwan said as he took out his wallet.

"Oh, you really don't need to buy me anything, Oppa." you said.
"Aw, come on! I wanna get you something." Jinhwan pouted. You sighed.
"Well....if you insist.....I kind of want this one." you said as you held up the cat keychain.
"This one's cute! Is that it?" he asked. You nodded. He smiled before going to pay. Once he paid the money for it, he handed it to you.
"Here you go!" he said.
"Thanks, Jinny." you said before attaching the keychain onto your phone case.
"Cute!! I'm going to put Chanwoo's somewhere safe." Ara said as she put her gift in her bag.

The next few hours, all three of you watched the street performances and looked around until the fireworks show would start. Highlights of the evening was the traditional drum performance and eating Tteokbokki (Spicy Rice Cakes). Jinhwan made a huge fuss over the Tteokbokki after supposedly "burning" his tongue while eating them and he ended up drinking all of your boba at once. Ara laughed so hard until she choked on hers and eventually she started to scream that her throat was on fire, so you had to get her a bottle of water from the vending machine. Finally, it was time for the firework parade so you went to where everyone was crowding around.
"My tongue still hurts." Jinhwan said.
"Yeah? Well my throat still feels like it's scorched-"
"Shh, the show is about to start!" you said.

The sky was now dark and you could see the moon in the distance. Suddenly, a number of neon colored lights lit up the sky and the fireworks started to burst in the air.
"Oh woah!" Ara exclaimed as the sky lit up with millions of fireworks. The experience felt so magical. You've seen tons of fireworks when you were little, but these were by far the prettiest ones you've ever seen. The fireworks shot in the air and burst into little sparkles, creating a huge light show above you. You pulled your phone out and took a few pictures and videos before you suddenly felt Jinhwan grab your hand and entangle his fingers with yours. He pulled you closer to him. You smiled and leaned your head against his shoulder.