Chapter 12

You walked with Ara, Jinhwan, and Chanwoo to the Cat Cafe. Ara squealed once the building came into view.
"Let's go, Chanwoo!" she said eagerly as she grabbed his hand and ran over to the cafe with him. Once you and Jinhwan went inside, the two were at the cat towers, where most of the cats were. They were roaming around everywhere, all different kinds. You and Jinhwan sat at a table before Ara and Chanwoo came over.
"What do you guys want?" you asked.
"I want an Iced Americano and Chanwoo wants an Espresso." Ara said.
"I'll have a Caramel Macchiato." Jinhwan replied.
"Okay, I'll order. Should we split the money?" you asked.
"Nah, we should do rock paper scissors. Whoever loses has to pay!" Chanwoo said.
"Are you sure that's a good idea-"
"IT'S THE GREATEST IDEA I'VE EVER HAD YET." He said.

And so, after two rounds of Rock Paper Scissors, Chanwoo ended up losing. You all laughed your heads off when Chanwoo's eyes widened.
"How could this happen to me?!" He wailed.
"I mean, you were the one who suggested to do it." Jinhwan said.
"Yeah Hyung, that's why it wasn't supposed to happen to me!" He replied.
"It's alright, Channie, we all have our moments." Are said as she pat his back. He groaned miserably and gave you his money before you went up to the counter to order. Once you did, you waited for the drinks to come out. Ara and Chanwoo were playing with the cats and feeding them together. You rolled your eyes and smirked, wondering how much Ara was enjoying this right now. Looking around while waiting, you turned around and caught Jinhwan playing with a cat himself. It was a cream colored kitten, and he was playing with it while it walked around on the table.
"You're such a good kitten, aren't you? Yes you are, yes you are!" he cooed as he nuzzled it and pet it. The kitten mewled and he imitated the sounds that it made, making you break into a smile. It was so adorable watching him as he smiled and acted cute with the cat, it showed the softest side of him, and all you wanted to do was run over to him and hug him yourself.

Before he caught you staring, you turned your gaze over to the drinks that came out. Doing your best to control your heartbeat, you brought the drinks over to the table and sat next to Jinhwan.
"Looks like you're having fun." you said. He smiled.
"It may not seem like it, but I really like animals, too. Especially Hanbin, when he's around animals, he shows a side you don't even know he has. He turns into a completely different person." he said. You smiled and watched as he continued to play with the little kitten.
"Her name is Yangie." he said as he scratched her ears. You silently watched until suddenly, a young calico cat walked onto your lap and meowed.
"Uh........" you said, not knowing what to do. You've never really lived with pets when you were younger, so you didn't really know how to deal with dogs or cats. The cat meowed and looked up at you again, expecting something.

"It wants attention." Jinhwan said.
"Huh?"
"Try scratching its ears and petting it." he said. You hesitantly lifted your hand, but it hovered in the air.
"H-How? I don't want to do anything it won't like...." you said. Jinhwan scooched closer to you and grabbed your hand, guiding it towards the cat's pelt. You paid attention to the calico cat, but also noticed that Jinhwan's hand was really big compared to yours. Your hand was enclosed in his as he tightly held your hand and pet the cat with it. His hand was really smooth and you wondered if you would ever be able to hold in again. When Yangie meowed, you snapped out of your thoughts and Jinhwan let go of your hand. Ignoring the fact that you kind of felt disappointed, you watched as he scratched and gave attention to it as well. You tried scratching the calico cat's ears just like Jinhwan did to Yangie and earned a purr from it. You instantly fell in love with it.
"What's its name?" Jinhwan asked. You looked at its collar and saw that it had the name 'Mochi' on it.
"His name is......Mochi." you said as you continued to play with it. It rubbed its head against your hand and rolled over randomly. You smiled and giggled at his behavior.
"Omigod, he's so cute." you said.