Chapter 58

Author's Note: I sincerely hope all of you are taking care of yourselves, lots of things have happened in a month, but I'm still willing to wait for as long as it takes to get good news. As an apology for the long wait, I wrote 3656 words in this chapter. Thank you all so much💕
Stay strong! 👊❤️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you woke up, it was already the next morning.
"What the-did I really sleep until the next day?" you asked yourself. You sat up and stretched, looking around. That's when you realized that your boyfriend was sleeping with his face buried in his arms on the bed. You giggled before tapping his head.
"Jinhwan....." you said, smiling. He let out a small mumble, but went back to sleep. You ruffled his hair vigorously.
"Babyyyyyy, wake uppppp." you whined. He groaned and shuffled, turning his head to the side and laying his head on his arms so that the side of his face showed. You squinted at him.
"Last warning....." you said, only for him to continue sleeping.

You rolled your eyes before bending over and pecking Jinhwan on the cheek. The second your lips touched his skin, he shot up in surprise and nearly fell backwards in his chair.
"GAH! I'M UP, I'M UP! WHAT'S HAPPENING!" he said as he frantically looked around from side to side. You blinked in confusion.
"Wha-Oh hey, you're awake." Jinhwan said. You broke into laughter.
"What was that?" you asked. Jinhwan took a deep breath and sighed in relief.
"You scared me! I was just sleeping and then you took me by surprise like that." he said with a hand on his chest.
"You kept your word, though. Did you really sleep in that chair overnight just for me?" you asked.

"Of course I did, I'm your boyfriend! Wouldn't you think I'd have to do that at least?" he replied with a smile. You gave a small grin back.
"Thank you." you said. Jinhwan grabbed your hand and kissed it in response.
"Are the others back home?" you asked.
"Yeah, but they said they're coming back later. Your mother came over yesterday, she was so worried about you, you know? You were sleeping at the time, but she did visit you. She looked like she was at the verge of tears, actually." he explained.
"Really? Did she say anything?" you asked.
"Well, I thought she was going to get mad at me, but she did the exact opposite. She hugged me and thanked me for saving you, although I'm not sure if I deserve it...." Jinhwan said as he looked away and rubbed the back of his head.

You were about to reply until you saw how quickly his expression had changed. He bit his lip and tried to turn his head away, but you had already seen the tears that came up from his eyes. Your heart instantly began to ache again as you saw him trying to contain his tears.
"J-Jinhwan, are you okay?" you asked in worry. Jinhwan laughed nervously and quickly wiped his eyes.
"S-Sorry, I don't know why I'm crying again, God, I-I'm really sorry, could you give me a few seconds? I promise I wasn't planning to do this in front of you again, I-I really don't know why the tears won't stop, I keep-" he stopped when his voice broke. He let out a broken chuckle as he continued to helplessly wiped the tears away with his arm. You looked at him sadly as your heart began to break.
"Jinhwan......you don't have to hold in your tears because of me....." you said quietly. Jinhwan sniffed and kept his eyes closed.

"I guess I won't stop feeling guilty......about everything." he whispered.
"Jinhwan, you have to stop blaming yourself. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be alive." you said.
"I know, I know......everyone's told me that, but I just can't stop thinking about how everything happened because of me." he replied.
"No, it didn't. If you think you're the bad person here, you should see the way everyone else was in the situation. Just look at Sooyoung. I know you think Sooyoung hated me because of you, but that's not the case at all." you said.
"How?" Jinhwan asked.
"Before she even realised that I started liking you, Sooyoung would've still hated me. When basketball unit started, Sooyoung and her friends came up to me and Ara and we got into a verbal fight, so even if we never became friends, we'd still be enemies." you explained. Jinhwan wiped his tears and looked down.