Chapter 5

The next morning, you ended up falling off the bed. The huge THUD that was produced woke Ara up.
"(Y/N)? Did you just fall off the bed?" she asked sleepily.
"No, Ara, I totally didn't and that's totally why I'm on the floor, cringing because I feel like I bruised my arm really bad." you said.
"You're so clumsy. How can you even fall off a bed this big?" she asked.
"Whatever, we need to get ready for school anyways." you said.

Once you changed and washed up and all, you and Ara got your things and headed out.
"Bye, kids! Have a good day at school." your mother said. You grabbed an apple from the fridge.
"Bye!" you said as you handed Ara an apple.
"Are you excited?" Ara asked. You bit your apple.
"For what?"
"To meet your one and only Mr. Kim after first period today." she said.
"You're never going to quit, are you?"
"Of course not! I'm not going to until I 100% feel like it will be impossible for you two to start dating."

You huffed and bit your apple again.
"Omigod."you heard Ara say. A bit alarmed, you turned around.
"What?" you asked.
"Omigod. Omigod, OMIGOD! (Y/N)!"
"What?! What happened?!"
"OVER THERE!" she said as she pointed into the distance. Your eyes widened.
"I-Isn't that-"
"MR. KIM! HOLY CRAP, I THINK HE LIVES NEAR YOU!" Ara exclaimed. You saw him as he had his hands in his pockets, just walking towards the school. He was wearing a light blue hoodie with ripped jeans and converse. He really looked a lot better in that outfit than you thought.

"Let's go say hi!" she said.
"What? Ara, wait!" you said as you ran after her.
"MR. KIMMMMMMMM!" She shouted like a lunatic. He turned his head around and broke into a smile as he waved to the both of you.
"Oh, hey! I didn't know you guys lived here." he said.
"Well, not me, but she does." Ara said as she wiggled her eyebrows. You gave her a look before nervously bowing to him.
"Oh, you don't have to do that, (Y/N). We're friends, right?" he asked.
"U-Um, I guess. If you want....." you said. Ara was just giggling at the sight of you. You glared at her.

"Oh, that reminds me. If I may ask, what's your first name? Calling my friend "Mr." would be a little awkward." Ara said. Mr. Kim chuckled.
"It's Jinhwan. But you can call me Jay." he said. Jinhwan. You repeated in your head. It was a pretty name. While he was talking to Ara, you used that chance to look at his face again. You could see his mole clearer and you smiled to yourself.
"Your smiling. What is it?" Ara asked. You got embarrassed when she caught you.
"N-Nothing." you said, blushing.
"Tell us, we're curious!! Jay's probably curious, too!" she said. You stared at Ara and then to Jinhwan. He was smiling at you.
"W-Well....I-I just noticed that your mole looks like a heart and I thought it was.......uh.....cute..." you said quietly.

Ara looked at Jinhwan's face after hearing that.
"Oh yeah.....! She's right! OMIGOD THAT'S SO CUTE!!" she squealed. Jinhwan laughed shyly. He then looked at your arm.
"What happened to your arm?" He asked.
"Oh, Uh, technical difficulties this morning...." You said, rubbing your bruise.
"Oh no...be more careful next time, (Y/N). I don't want you to get hurt." He said, looking at you with a concerned look. You felt your heart skip a beat. Ara looked like she was going to faint from squealing so much. The rest of the walk was mostly Ara talking about random stuff.
"I'll see you guys at second period!" he said as he waved. You sheepishly waved back and smiled. What he did next made your smile fade and your face heat up. He winked at you again, but luckily, Ara didn't notice.

You went to class and sat at your desk. For the rest of the period, you couldn't stop thinking about him. And then you realised once again that yes, you really did grow feelings for Jinhwan. And it's only the second day........you thought miserably to yourself like you did the day before, starting to feel pathetic all over again.

~~time skip~~

When the Bell rang for second period, you got up and headed for the locker rooms. When Jinhwan popped up in your head, your heart raced and then you found yourself walking faster. Were you....excited to see him again? You were quietly thinking to yourself until you heard Ara.
"(Y/N)! SLOW DOWN!" She said. You stopped and she caught up with you, panting.

"Why were you walking so fast today?" She asked, out of breath.
"I don't know...." you said. She looked at you and grinned.
"You really do like Jay, don't you?" She asked.
"I thought we went over this, dude! I don't like him!" You replied.
"Yeah, because you love him instead." She said cheekily. You just groaned in frustration while she laughed at you.
"Why do you call him Jay?" You asked.
"Because I want to, and besides! If you were the only one who called him by his first name, it would be more special!" She said. You facepalmed.

Once you changed into your P.E. Clothes, you walked outside with Ara. Everyone was talking, but Jinhwan wasn't where he usually was. You actually started to look for him at one point, scanning the area for your teacher. You looked at Ara and she seemed to be distracted by something else.
"I wonder where he is." you said to her. She only hummed in response, which was really unusual of her. You expected her to tease you again because you were looking for him, but surprisingly, she was really quiet. You shrugged it off and tried to look for Jinhwan again.

You sighed in defeat once you couldn't find him until he jumpscared you from behind.
"BOO!" He said as he jabbed your shoulders.
"AHH!" You shouted. Thankfully it wasn't that loud, but you were clutching your chest and on the floor while he was laughing his head off with Ara!
"AHAAAAA, you idiot!" she laughed.
"Omigod, I'm sorry, I just had to!" Jinhwan said in between laughs.
"Wait, you were in on this?!" you asked Ara. She nodded as Jinhwan held out his hand. You took it and stood up, Heart still racing.
"I'm getting you back, I swear." You said. He wiped away his tears.

For some reason, while you and Jinhwan were talking, you felt like you were being watched. You looked around and saw Sooyoung, glaring holes into you.
"Ok, you'd better go to the others while I start the class." he said. You nodded and noticed that Sooyoung was literally watching your every move. You tried to avoid having to deal with her when you passed by her, but she grabbed your arm tightly. You internally groaned.
"What do you want." you said.
"Getting a little too comfortable, don't ya think?" she asked. You raised a brow.
"What?"
"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about! The thing that happened just now!" she said. You recalled what just happened and then realised that she must've been watching you from the beginning. She was talking about Jinhwan. Her fake nails were still piercing your skin so you yanked your arm away and scoffed.

"I really brought down your confidence level that much?" you asked. Her eyebrows furrowed.
"Uh, what?" she said. You rolled your eyes.
"Whatever happened to "the only person that's going to date him is me?" you asked, using quotes with your fingers. She stared at you.
"What? Now you can't say anything about it? Scared that I might take him away from you? Oh, wait, I guess not, he wasn't yours in the first place. Relax, you idiot, we're only friends. We only joked together and your already that insecure? It's pretty pathetic if you ask me, And don't tell me what to do. I get to decide who I talk to and who becomes my friend, but if you can't understand that, then your dreams of ever getting a boyfriend at all are toast." you said. She was flustered from your words and scoffed, unable to say anything else. She flipped her hair, crossed her, arms pompously and then "sashayed" away.

You shook your head and stood next to Ara.
"What happened?" she asked.
"Sooyoung got mad at me because I talked to Jinhwan." you said shortly. Ara laughed in disbelief.
"Wow, she's gonna go that far for him? I doubt Jay is even going to want to be friends with her." she said. Today you learned how to shoot the ball into the basket. There were three courts so everyone split into six random groups to take turns shooting the ball. Except you had to wait until the person made the basket before it was your turn, and Sooyoung was in your group unfortunately. For an entire five minutes, it was her carelessly throwing the ball, failing to make the basket while everyone started to get annoyed. In the end, she never made it so you all decided to skip her. Sooyoung just scoffed.

Everytime she scoffed, rolled her eyes, or glare at you, your frustration level went up. You didn't think it would bother you this much, but you just hated the fact that Sooyoung thought she could have whatever she wanted. Now that Jinhwan was on her bucket list, your anger was about to flare. You knew that Jinhwan wasn't your boyfriend or anything and you knew that you shouldn't be so possessive over him, but just the thought of Jinhwan winking at her instead of you made you want to punch somebody in the face. Ara noticed from far away that you looked like you wanted to strangle Sooyoung.
"Oh boy....." she muttered under her breath.