Chapter 8

Author's note: Early update!! 😄 (I usually update every 3-4 days)

(Y/S/N) = Your ship name with Jinhwan 👍
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You miserably closed your eyes and silently screamed before walking over to the court.
"I can't believe I'm stuck with you. You can't even run a lap quickly! We're doomed!" Sooyoung whined.
"Don't underestimate me. I'm way better than you at this." you said through gritted teeth. It seemed that you were against a group of boys, and boy, did they look confident as Hell. You took a deep breath before Jinhwan blew his whistle and the game started.

That round was pitiful. Sooyoung and her friends were doing everything wrong. When she had her hands on the ball, she didn't dribble and just ran around holding it. That was why the other team always had the ball first at the start of the round, and that was why they kept on making points. When Sooyoung had the ball again, you raised your hands.
"Pass! Sooyoung, pass!" you said.
"No, pass it to me!" her other friend said. She was completely surrounded by the players of the other team, but you were in a clear area. She should've passed it to you, but of course she passed it to her friend. Well, it was more of a wimpy throw rather than a pass, and it wasn't even close to making it. She threw it right to the hands of the other player.

He ran passed her and made a shot. He high-fived his team mates and they cheered. You glared over at Sooyoung.
"What were you doing during class?! Don't you know how to do anything besides wearing makeup and drooling over every single guy you come across?" you snarled.
"Hey, don't act like you're any better!" her friend said.
"I'm way better at this than all of you combined, and for the record, I'm doing it even though I have asthma!" you spat.
"It seems that I'm going to have to do this all by myself." you muttered.

Once the next round started, you managed to steal the ball.
"Pass it to me!" someone said, but she was standing at the wrong side of the court. You ignored her and dodged the other players, making your way to the basket, and just like that, you made the shot and won some points. Panting, you cheered to yourself. This continued for a while. You did everything without your teammates because they were the ticket to losing. You were running endlessly and sweating from all the adrenaline rush that picked up. At the end, you caught up to the other team and was only two points below their score.

Jinhwan blew the whistle and the games ended. You were panting heavily and had to sit down for a moment. Your head was spinning and your breaths were short. Everything was hot and you couldn't breathe. You overworked yourself. You stood up and made your way to the locker rooms, gasping for breath. You took your inhaler out from your backpack and brought your breathing back as you pressed the button and freed up your airway. You leaned against the wall until your breaths evened out. You regained a bit of consciousness and stood up to get out.

When you walked out, Ara went up to you.
"How was your game?" she asked.
"Terrible. Sooyoung and her friends suck. I had to use my inhaler after doing everything myself." you said. She immediately got concerned.
"What did I tell you about tiring yourself out? You can die, (Y/N)." she said.
"I know."

Jinhwan came over next and then handed you a cold water bottle.
"Here, you look like you gave yourself a workout." he said.
"Tell me about it." you said as you grabbed it and drank it. Chanwoo walked over to you.
"Hey, you're really good at basketball!" he said. He high-fived you.
"Thanks. You should've seen what I had to do back there. I'm (Y/N), by the way." you said.
"I know. Hyung talks about you a lot." he said. You lifted a brow. Jinhwan looked a little startled from his sudden comment.
"Uh, yeah....this is the friend I told you about when we were walking together." he said.
"Ohhhhh, so your the guy Jinhwan mentioned?" you asked.
"I guess, but I didn't really think he talked about me that much since he's always busy non-stop rambling about-Ow!" he got cut off as Jinhwan elbowed him.

"Hyung, what was that for?" he whined.
"I think you should head to your next class,
(Y/N). See you at lunch!" he said, ignoring Chanwoo. You chuckled.
"Okay, bye!" you said before leaving.

At lunch, you and Ara went to Jinhwan's office like always.
"Hi, Jay! We're back!" Ara said cheerfully.
"Hey, Chanwoo's going to eat with us from now on. Are you okay with that?" he asked.
"Ara's definitely okay with it." you said while grinning at her. She blushed and gave you a look. You mouthed "revenge" before sitting in a chair. While Ara was busy chatting away with Jinhwan, you turned to Chanwoo for entertainment.
"Entertain me." you said.
"Really? How?" he asked.
"I don't know, just do something." you said.

"Wanna make a handshake?" he asked.
"Um...sure?" you asked. So for ten minutes, you and Chanwoo came up with the most ridiculous handshake ever with a combination of claps, snaps, high-fives, and even kicks. While doing it really fast, you messed up and ended up bursting in laughter.
"Why are we doing this?" you asked.
"Because it's stupid!" Chanwoo answered simply. Jinhwan and Ara were watching you. Ara looked jealous and for a moment you thought Jinhwan did as well. He cleared his throat and caught your attention.
"So.....wanna hang out at the weekend?" he asked.

"Sure! Where do you wanna go?" you asked.
"I was thinking of going to a cat cafe..." he said and Ara choked on her food.
"REALLY?!" She asked, smiling uncontrollably.
"I'm down for it!" Chanwoo said as he raised his hand.
"Same!" You and Ara said simultaneously.
"Okay, cat cafe it is, then." Jinhwan said.
"YESSSSSS!" Ara cheered.
"If you're wondering why she's so hyper, Ara absolutely loves animals." You said.
"Wow, that's just like a friend I know!" Chanwoo said.

Once the bell rang, Ara and Chanwoo walked together.
"I'll see you after school, Jinny!" you said.
"Bye~~" he said, giggling at the nickname you called him.

~~time skip~~

You met Ara after school.
"Sooooo, how is it with Chanwoo? Got any closer?" you asked.
"Well, I guess. He's already really comfortable to be around." she said.
"What sounds better? Chara or Aroo? But then again, Aroo kinda sounds like a wolf howling, but it still works! Meh...I think Chara sounds better. Chara it is then!" you rambled.
"You literally answered your own question." she said.
"I don't care, Chara is my OTP!" you said.
"And (Y/S/N) is mine!" she said.
"Hey!"

"What are you guys talking about?" Jinhwan asked.
"Oh nothing, just Chara." you said, grinning.
"What's Chara?" he asked.
"Chanwoo and Ara! They're a perfect couple, don't you think?" you asked. Jinhwan rolled his eyes and you laughed. While you were walking with Jinhwan, you were literally talking about nothing but Chara. You were surprised that Ara wasn't saying anything about it, so when you reached Ara's neighborhood, you decided to ask.
"You go on ahead, Jinhwan, I just need to ask Ara something." you said. He nodded and continued up ahead of you.
"So....you're okay with me talking about Chara to Jinhwan?" you asked to Ara.
"Yeah, it's cool. I already talked loads about you and Jinhwan to Chanwoo anyways." she said, smiling. Your eyes widened and your mouth dropped.
"WHAT."
"Bye, (Y/N)!"

Ara was already gone. You groaned miserably.
"What happened?" Jinhwan asked. He probably walked back.
"Nothing....." you said. You walked over to your houses and said goodbye to each other. When you went inside, you checked if your brother was home.
"Tokki Oppa? Are you here?" you called.
"(Y/N), I have the greatest news ever!" you heard him say as he came down the stairs.
"What is it?" you asked, curious.

"I can meet up with my friends tomorrow after you come home and they said I can bring you with me!" he said.
"Oh, uh, where?" you asked, surprised by the sudden information.
"At the coffee shop nearby. They're all coming, and they're really excited to meet you!" he said.
"Uh, great! I'll be eager....to meet them......" you said, trailing off. He lifted a brow.
"What's wrong? Don't you want to come?" he asked.
"I do, it's just....you know I can be introverted at times. And they're all going to be older than me...." you said rubbing the back of your head.

"Nah, (Y/N), like almost all of them are close to your age." he said.
"Whatever you say, Bobby. I guess I'm coming with you, then." you said.
"Yaayyyy!!" he said as he hugged you.
"We'll leave once you come back." he said. You nodded before going to get something to eat.