Chapter 23

Going to school didn't feel as suffocating like it used to. Instead, you woke up feeling fresh and relieved. Relaxed, really. Now that the biggest worries of your life at the moment were gone, you didn't sulk around and feel miserable. There was actually one problem that still lingered around and yeah, it was Sooyoung. What would happen when she found out that you were together with Jinhwan? Something bad was bound to happen when she did, she was just that kind of person, you know? She wouldn't let something like this go, she'd probably try to pry you and Jinhwan apart or something, like those people from books do.

You weren't that worried though, you knew you and Jinhwan would work around it. But that led to another question. How much did Jinhwan really like you? It was kind of an awkward question to ask....well for you it was. As long as he knows how much I love him, I guess...... you thought. Jinhwan was waiting for you outside of the house.

"Hey, (Y/N)." he said as he smiled when you came out. Then, you noticed that he was wearing the hoodie that you gave him. You waved and then gave him his "daily hug" before walking with him.
"You wore the hoodie." you said, smiling. He nodded cheerfully.
"Hey, I have a question." you said.
"Yeah?" he replied.
"What's gonna happen when Sooyoung finds out about us?" you asked. He took a breath.
"I'm not so sure, but she's definitely not going to like it." he said. You sighed.
"You won't.........leave me because of her, right?" you asked quietly, avoiding eye contact.
"Are you serious? I finally have you to myself and you think I'll leave you for her? How can you even think that?" he asked.
"I know, I know....girlfriend issues. They have to come and haunt us at one point in the relationship...." you said as you leaned your head against his shoulder.
"I won't leave you, I promise." he said.
"That's a pretty big promise for a relationship that started a day ago...." you said.
"Well, that's just how much I like you, then." he said as he smiled. You rolled your eyes, but smiled anyways.

You met the other two on the way like you usually did. That's when Chanwoo and Ara started skipping around you and Jinhwan throwing rose petals above you.
"Congrats!!" they said.
"It's your first day as a couple, congratulations, guys!!" Chanwoo exclaimed.
"AWWWW, JAY'S WEARING THE HOODIE THAT (Y/N) GOT HIM!! ACKKK THAT'S SO CUTE, I'M GOING TO DIE!!" Ara shouted. You rolled your eyes while Jinhwan giggled at her behavior.
"You wanna take a selfie with me?" Jinhwan asked as he pulled out his phone.
"Really? That's so random." you said.
"It'll make up for the one that we were supposed to take at the park." he said. He pulled you next to him and took a quick picture with you using a cat filter.
"Ha, we look great!" Jinhwan said as he looked at the selfie.
"Can you send it to me?" you asked.
"Of course!" he replied.

Once you arrived at school, everyone left to go to their classes. Then, you accidentally dropped your phone. 
"Oh, Crap!" you said as you stopped to pick it up. Once you stood back up, you were met with a panting Sooyoung, who looked pissed as frick.
"Did you run all the way here, or what?" you asked, lifting a brow.
"You." she growled.
"Me." you said back. She then suddenly gripped your shirt harsly with both her hands. Your mood began to darken at this.
"You. You're dating him. You're dating my Oppa." she snarled. You ripped her hands off of you.
"Yes, but he asked me first, and he is not yours. You can go now." you said, frowning at her.

Rage filled her eyes. She let out a sound of pure anger before her hand suddenly collided with your cheek, the echo of the burning slap rippling across campus. That was when everyone began to stare. Some people were staring with wide eyes, covering their mouths.
"What. The actual. Hell." you growled, your cheek now bright red.
"How many times did I tell you not to mess with my Oppa. How many times did I have to warn you. I told you over and over again not to make any moves on him and the next thing you do is become his girlfriend?! Are you insane?! Have you gone mad?!" she shouted. You shot her a deathly glare.
"You're lucky that I didn't slap you back just now." you growled.
"Break up with him this instant!" she demanded. You were now getting furious.
"First of all, he was the one who wanted to become a relationship, and no, I will not break up with him for a scumbag like you. I do not, and will not listen to you. You are going to have to find out how to get us apart yourself. I am not that easy." you told her.

"You'll pay for this one day! Mark my words, (Y/N), I will make sure that he breaks up with you!" she said. You glared at her again.
"You have a lot of makeup right, Sooyoung? Try shoving some in your damn mouth and eating it, hopefully it'll make you prettier on the inside." you snarled before leaving, mood now ruined. You heard Sooyoung scoff. Everyone stared as you walked to your class. You ignored them though, too angry to care.

Today is going to be a bad day..... You thought.

~~time skip~~

Your mood got better after second period. Seeing Ara, Chanwoo, and Jinhwan definitely helped out, but everyone still stared at you. You were surprised that none of your friends heard of what happened this morning. You didn't want to tell them until lunch, though. Sooyoung didn't bother you during P.E. Maybe she glared at you, but you didn't give her a single glance.

Once it was lunch, you met Ara and Chanwoo, who were walking together.
"Heh, whenever I see you guys, you're always together." you said. Ara rolled her eyes.
"Sooo, are you going to eat lunch with us at Jinhwan's room or what?" Ara asked.
"Actually, I wanted to eat at the roof together this time." you said.
"Nice! Let's tell Hyung." Chanwoo exclaimed. And so, you told your boyfriend and waited for him to lock his room before heading upstairs to the roof. It was great there, being able to have fun with just the four of you without any disturbances. Ahem, (Cough)(Cough) Sooyoung* (Cough)

You noticed that Jinhwan kept staring at you.
"Um...is there something on my face?" you asked.
"Did.....someone slap you today?" he asked you, eyes still glued to your cheek. You flinched. Oops....you forgot about that....
"Um.....about that. I uh, need to tell you something." you said nervously. You took a deep breath.
"So, remember when I bawled my eyes out telling you about how much I hate Sooyoung?" you asked. At this point, you had caught Ara and Chanwoo's attention.
"Yeah......?" Jinhwan said.
"I never told you why, did I?" you asked. He shook his head.
"Besides the fact that she made you jealous, no...." he said.

"Yeah, um.....Sooyoung was actually like....I don't know, bothering me way before you came? We are actually enemies..." you started.
"Ok...." he said, squinting his eyes at you.
"So she miiiiiiight have been the one who threw all the sand in my eyes that one time..." you said. Jinhwan froze. Chanwoo's eyes widened. Ara also looked really nervous.
"Aaaaaaand she might have threatened me......" you said. A dark expression began to spread on his face.
".....more than once."

You saw him clench his fist.
"Um...and she found out about us this morning." you said. Jinhwan stared at you.
"And she miiiiiight have kind of like........." you trailed off. You were nervous to tell him.
"What. Happened." he said through gritted teeth. You winced.
"She miiiiiiiiiight have been the one who slapped me in the face this morning....because she was mad." you said. Ara and Chanwoo were completely frozen with wide eyes and mouths dropped. Chanwoo dropped the bag of chips he was eating from. Jinhwan stood up and headed for the stairs, furious. You quickly ran after him.
"NAHHHH, no no no! It's really okay, Jinhwan! Don't confront her, stay here! Noooooo!" you said as you tried to grab him. You managed to latch onto his arm and stood in front of him so that he didn't end up beating Sooyoung to the floor.

"Remember that you have a job here!" you said. He huffed angrily.
"You think I'm going to be okay with her? She hurt you more than once." he said.
"I know, I know, but I don't want to cause another problem. Just stay here...." you said. Jinhwan sighed before hugging you tightly.
"I feel like a crummy boyfriend. What was I doing while you were out there getting hurt by that witch?" he said.
"It's okay...I'll tell you right away if anything happens." you said.
"Or I could just stay with you until I know you're safe." he said.
"Or yeah...you could do that." you said.

Ara and Chanwoo were still frozen, they didn't move an inch. They still had those ridiculous expressions on their faces.
"I'm gonna have to stick by you a lot more now...." Ara said. You shrugged.
"Are you okay?" Jinhwan asked as he rubbed your cheek. You nodded. Chanwoo continued to eat his chips with a shocked expression.

Sooyoung was going to be a bigger problem than you thought.....