Chapter 13

Valentine's was coming up in a week. You wanted to do something for Jinhwan, but you had recently began to think if it would be a good idea at all to spill that you liked him. He was talking with Sooyoung more than usual. Yes, you still liked him, but you felt as if he was drifting away from you in a sense of friendship because whenever you tried to go to him, Sooyoung caught his attention and took him away. Did it make you incredibly jealous? Definitely. You knew Sooyoung was doing this on purpose. You knew she would take any chance to either make you miserable or to get Jinhwan to date her. Yes, he did smile and wave at you when you did, but he never winked or texted you as much. His winks? Well, of course you liked them, it would leave a fluttering feeling in your stomach. Now that he didn't do them anymore, you felt a little empty inside without that feeling. The thought of him doing it to Sooyoung instead angered you.

Jinhwan was always busy talking or doing things with Sooyoung, and Ara tried to convince you that it didn't mean anything. That ended quickly when she saw how Jinhwan acted around Sooyoung herself. She didn't say anything. She probably couldn't. You sighed and just lived with it, but it frustrated you to the point where you had started to get "Love sick." Especially when you had to watch Chara progressively step forward in their relationship every day. In your opinion, Ara and Chanwoo probably liked each other, but were too scared to say anything and kept on flirting with each other endlessly. Of course you had to compare them with you and Jinhwan. They were always so happy together, and you were left there, wishing that whatever they had was also with you and Jinhwan. Unfortunately, it wasn't. It was really sad because when you called Jinhwan "Oppa" last week, it felt so wrong that you had to stop saying it. When you said it, you felt as if you didn't have the right to say it to him. You didn't think that you could call him that without being awkward about it, so you just stuck with calling Bobby "Oppa" instead. Did you want to call Jinhwan "Oppa?" Yes, but could you? No. And it totally sucked.

Now, you were sulking about all of your problems to Ara on the phone while you were laying on the couch in the living room.

"Ara, why do you like Chanwoo?"
"Why, do you think it's a bad thing?".
"What? Of course not! I was just curious."
"I'm actually worried, really."
"Why?"
"I mean...it's pretty normal to worry about this, you know? I'm worried that Chanwoo might not like me back."
"Are you serious? He smiles at you like everyday. There's a high possibility that he likes you."
"But....Chanwoo smiles at everybody."
"He smiles at you the most."

Ara sighed.

"(Y/N), I really really like him."
"I am aware that you really really like him."
"Do you think it's weird?"
"No, why would I?"
"I don't know....is it normal to be so obsessed with him?"
"It's normal to feel like that when you like somebody a lot. Don't feel bad, Ara. No matter how much I'm gonna get annoyed seeing the two of you flirt like idiots, I'll support you all the way no matter what. I'll be there for you."
"Really?"
"Do I need to repeat myself?"
"No, thank you so much, (Y/N). I'm glad to have a friend like you."
"You better be."
"Haha, well.....what about you?"
". . ."

"Things aren't well....with me and Jinhwan. You should know by now."
"Are you sure that he doesn't like you?"
"He's always with Sooyoung, Ara. He's always stuck to her for some reason. I never get to talk with him anymore. He doesn't even talk with us when we walk home together!"
"Yeah...but.....I mean he's a friend we met in less than two months. I don't think he's that close to us yet."
"Ara, I felt as if we were close friends like a day after we met. There's gotta be a reason why It doesn't feel that way anymore. He's always texting or calling someone, and I bet you it's probably Sooyoung."
"I'm sure that's not the case, (Y/N)..."
"But it is! Sooyoung's been making me crazy jealous these past few days and it's so annoying! I actually think that Jinhwan probably likes her-"
"Screw that, don't let her win. I doubt it. She isn't his style."
"But what if he does even if she isn't?! What am I supposed to do then?!"

You huffed while Ara was silent on the phone.

"Nevermind.....I'm not his girlfriend or anything, I have no place to choose who he likes or not."
"I doubt he likes Sooyoung, did you forget what happened last time? He called you pretty and hugged you because you were scared of a horror movie."

You still weren't convinced.

"Well whatever, I'll just have to wait and learn it the hard way.....I'm gonna end the call now."
"(Sigh) Okay....bye, (Y/N)."
"Bye."

And then you were left on the couch by yourself, staring at the ceiling. You tried to call Jinhwan, but was met with voicemail. For some reason, you weren't surprised. Two minutes later, he called you and you picked up.

"Hey, (Y/N). Did you call me?"
"Yeah...."
"Um, sorry, I was uh, talking to Sooyoung."

You rolled your eyes and your mood went down. Of course he was.

"What were you guys talking about?"
"Well, we just talked about stuff. It was normal, nothing much."

You sighed. You were kind of hoping that he would say that Sooyoung was bugging the crap out of him, but he didn't so you felt miserable all over again.

"Is that all you wanted to know?"
"Well, I guess...."
"Well then I need to go because I need to do something. I'll see you tomorrow?"
"(Sigh) Yeah, bye."

And that was it. You groaned miserably and slid off the couch onto the floor with a thud. Three seconds later, Bobby walked out the bathroom shirtless. He probably took a shower because his hair was damp.
"What was that?" He asked.
"Fell off the couch." You grumbled.
"......why?"
"I'm in a bad mood."
"...why?"
"Don't wanna talk about it."
"Hmmm...okay then. Call Chanwoo or something, he's good to go to when you want your mood up." He said before walking into his room. Actually listening to what he said, you decided to call Chanwoo.

"Noona? What is it?"
"I'm in a bad mood."
"Why?"
"I don't wanna talk about it."
"You called me to tell me that you were in a bad mood, but you don't wanna talk about it?"
"Yeah."
"(Sigh) Well, it's your choice, Noona. We can talk about something else if you'd like."
"Do you like anyone?"
"Uh....what?"
"It's a yes or no question. Don't tell me who, do you like anybody?"
".......well, yes."

"REALLY WHO."
"You just said not to tell you who."
"WELL NOW I WANT TO KNOW SO SPILL."
"No."
"Whyyyy"
"Because I'm not stupid."
"Chanwooooooooooooo"
"No."
"Please?"
"No."
"Are you sure???"
"Yes."
"Oh fine. Humph."

"Hey, Noona, if it'll make you feel better, Hyung said that we can hang out again."
"Which Hyung?"
"What do you mean 'Which Hyung,' of course I'm talking about Jinani Hyung!"
"Sorry, you have a lot of Hyungs, I was just......making sure."
"Noona.....did something happen between you and Hyung?"
"What?! No, and first of all, nothing can happen between us, we're not even together! What are you blabbering about!"
"But you like him, don't you?"
"WHAT, WHO TOLD YOU THAT?!"
"I mean, it's kinda obvious."
"Who said I liked him! I just really want to be close friends with him......."
"(Sigh) Okay, then. Whatever you say. Just know that Ara and I will keep shipping you two together."
"Ughhhhhhhhh, okay fine, whatever. Do what you want."
"Okay anyways, Jinani Hyung said that he wanted to go to the park tomorrow."
"Oh. Is...um....is Sooyoung coming?"
"Huh? Why suddenly Sooyoung?"
"I mean, last time she said she wanted to hang out with us....."
"No, she isn't coming."

You sighed in relief.

"Hey, Chanwoo? Do you like Sooyoung?"
"To be honest....no."
"Same."
"She's too....annoying. She's that typical girly girl and she has a really bad attitude towards others."
"I loathe her."
"That's probably a good thing, Noona."
"Well, at least someone else thinks the same way as me."
"Yeah....so...tomorrow after school?"
"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow."
"Bye, Noona."
"Bye, Chanwoo."

You ended the call and stared at the ceiling. It'll be alright..... you thought. Maybe Ara's right. Maybe they're just talking like friends. Jinhwan might not like her.... You told yourself that, but you didn't feel any better, and instead of being hopeful that Jinhwan doesn't like Sooyoung, you worried about what would happen if he really did.