Chapter 44

You and Jinhwan were sitting on the floor talking together. Your boyfriend picked up his phone and saw the time.
"Wow, it's already 8. I should go......" he said before standing up and walking to the door. You stood up and followed him. When he reached for the door knob, you grabbed his other wrist, making him turn his head at you.
".....stay." you said. "Let's just wait until Wednesday before you go back to your mother." He stared at you before nodding silently.

That night, Jinhwan said he was going to sleep on the couch. You said that you were okay with him sleeping next to you on the bed, but he "insisted" so much that you had to just agree with it.
"Goodnight, Jinhwan." you said, peaking from upstairs.  He looked up and waved, giving you an eye smile. You stopped by the door to your brother's room.
"Goodnight, Tokki Oppa." you said.
"Goodnight!" he said from inside. You went into your own room and turned off the lights, crawling into your bed and falling asleep.

Jinhwan tried to sleep, but it didn't seem to come to him and it wasn't because of the couch either, his own thoughts were keeping him awake. What if you took him back out of pity? What if you secretly hated him? There's no way you would just forgive him like that...... Jinhwan shook his head and closed his eyes.
"No, no, stop doubting, just don't do it ever again...." Jinhwan spoke to himself quietly before slowly falling into a deep slumber.

I won't hurt you again, I promise.

~~time skip~~

Jinhwan opened his eyes. He was standing in front of your room. He blinked a few times, trying to process the situation until he heard the sound of weeping coming from inside. He grabbed the doorknob in alarm and opened the door to find you crying, back facing towards him. He ran over to your and put a hand on your shoulder.
"Hey, what's wrong...." he asked softly, turning you around, but when your face was completely turned and visible to him, Jinhwan's eyes widened. You didn't have any eyes. They were replaced with pitch black holes, and an entire waterfall of tears fell from inside them. Jinhwan gasped. The room was filling up with water.

He started to panic. He looked back to the door, but it disappeared. Everything became hectic when you started to sob loudly, making the water fill up faster at an unbelievable speed. Then he realised that you were gone too. The window was gone, the bed was gone, the door was gone, everything was gone until there was nothing but four walls surrounding him, and the water was still filling up. The water reached Jinhwan's chin and he frantically started to gasp before taking a deep breath and letting the water engulf him. When he opened his eyes, he suddenly found himself in an ocean, and the surface was not even visible.

He tried to swim upwards, but it seemed impossible to reach the surface. Jinhwan couldn't breathe, his chest felt tight, his heart was pounding, and he screamed until he felt his eyes closing and his entire body go limp, still staying afloat underwater. He fell into the dark abyss.

Jinhwan opened his eyes. He was staring at the sky. Wait, the sky? He jerked up and looked around, head whipping from side to side. He was on the sidewalk. His heart was still pounding and confusion filled his entire head. He was back near the cat cafe.
"Huh?" He said when you suddenly appeared in front of him. This time you were completely normal, but you were still crying. You had the same hurt expression on your face, just like the time when the two of you fought. Jinhwan suddenly felt weak. You then looked next to him and then shot him a terrifying glare. He looked to his side and he saw Sooyoung next to him, and his hand was holding hers tightly.

Jinhwan let go of her hand immediately, jerking it away from her and towards himself. He looked at you. You lifted your hand up and his eyes widened. He saw as your hand flew towards him and he shut his eyes tightly before it suddenly collided with his cheek.

"AH!" Jinhwan yelped as he suddenly crashed down from the couch onto the floor. His heart was pounding so loudly that he could hear it in his ears. He jerked up and looked around, finding himself in your house. It was still dark. He breathed heavily before whimpering in fear. He scrambled up and made a full speed run upstairs.

You gasped when the door slammed open and Jinhwan came running in, crying. You got startled and sat up.
"J-Jinhwa-"
"I'm sorry! I didn't mean any of it, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I won't do it again, I swear, I'll be better, I promise! Don't leave me, please don't leave me!" he sobbed as he crashed into your arms. You didn't know what was going on, but your boyfriend was crying and you had to do something about it.
"I'm here, Jinhwan, it's ok, Baby, I'm here....." you said as you hugged him and rubbed his back. He trembled as he cried in your arms.
"Shhh, it's okay.....I'm not going to leave you, I'm right here, by your side. Don't worry....." you said. You comforted him until he calmed down a bit.
"Are you okay? What happened...." you asked softly. He hiccuped.
"Nightmare." he whispered, sniffing.

"Wanna tell me what it was about?" You asked.
"I-I drowned." he said. You blinked. He was crying because he drowned in his dream?
"Yeah?" you said.
"In your tears." he continued. You got surprised at that.
"A-And you left me....." he said. You looked at him sadly.
"Aw...it's okay, Jinhwan, I'm not going to leave you. Look at me, I'm not going to leave you, okay?" you said, lifting his head up. You wiped his tears and kissed his lips gently.
"I love you." Jinhwan said after that.
"I love you too." you replied. "You wanna sleep next to me on the bed? Will that make you feel better?" He nodded. You lifted up the blanket and he crawled in next to you, hugging you tightly. You kissed his forehead before wrapping your arms around him as well.