Chapter 18

Author's Note: I had too much fun with this chapter, You can tell because it's like 3896 words long. It's the longest chapter so far! Happy reading! 😀
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You woke up and blinked a few times before remembering what day it was. It was finally Valentine's Day, the day that made you feel so suffocated all the time. You got ready and took the hoodie with you. It didn't seem like Jinhwan was going to walk with you today since he wasn't usually where he was when he waited for you in the mornings. Your phone buzzed.

At least he texted this time

At least he texted this time...... you thought as you put your phone away. As usual, you met Ara on the way there.
"Did you get anything for Jinhwan?" Ara asked. You nodded.
"Ooh, really? What is it?" she asked.
"It's a hoodie." you said shortly.
"Cool! I got a watch for Chanwoo." she said, making you frown.
"Man, why do you have to make my present seem so much crappier now?" you asked.
"It's okay, (Y/N). He's gonna like it, I swear!" she said. You didn't respond to her. You thought about what she told you the day before.
"Ara, why'd you change your mind?" you asked.

"Huh?"
"You told me that I should confess to Jinhwan and then at the last moment you told me that I shouldn't." you said.
"Oh, um.......well, you see....like, do you want me to tell you the truth?" she asked. You nodded.
"Well, yesterday at lunch, Sooyoung was there again......" she said.
"And?" you said.
"Jay.....I saw how he acted towards Sooyoung.....it made me change my mind. And he never asked where you were." she said. You huffed. What were you expecting. That basically proves it all. Jinhwan liked Sooyoung. There really was no point in confessing.
"I see. Well, thanks for telling me, I guess." you said glumly. She pat your shoulder.

At P.E, Sooyoung was busy yacking about something to her friends.
"Did you get anything for Oppa?" her friend asked her.
"For your information, he's my Oppa, and of course I got him something. It's going to be really special, it'll be something he won't ever forget that I gave him." she said, flipping her hair.
"Ugh." you muttered under your breath. You didn't agree with the way she was describing her present, but the more you thought about it, Jinhwan would probably really like it anyways. You were planning to give him his present after school. You then sighed. Why were you even trying? Jinhwan would probably push away your present for hers. It was so painfully obvious that he liked her, but for some reason, you were still chasing after him. Probably by tomorrow, they would end up being a couple or something. You thought about the hoodie that you got him and closed your eyes.

God, please let him like the hoodie.

At lunch, you went back up to the roof. Someone came up shortly after. You were surprised when you saw that it was Ara.
"What are you doing up here?" you asked.
"Jay's office was locked today. I don't know why, but all the lights were off and nobody was inside." she said.
"Huh. That's weird. I wonder where he is." you said. Oh wait, he was probably preparing something for Sooyoung. That made some sense.
"Can I see the hoodie you got him?" Ara asked.
"Sure, but I don't want to see the watch you got for Chanwoo because I'm gonna feel like crap if I do." you said as you reached for your backpack. Ara laughed.
"Okay, okay, I won't show you." she said. You took out the hoodie and showed it to her, making her gasp.
"Omigod, it's so pretty!! Woah, oh my gosh!" she said as she touched it.