Chapter 16

Author's Note: I feel like the next few chapters are going to be super long......this one was 2028 words.......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, you were literally counting the hours until Jinhwan would meet up with Sooyoung. You were actually really embarrassed at the amount of desperation you had at the moment, but you couldn't bare to imagine Jinhwan having the time of his life with Sooyoung. The jealousy was almost too much for you. Why was this affecting you so much?! You thought you were strong and you always thought that you would be able to overcome jealousy. Now you felt pathetic. Why were you worrying so much over a guy who was going to hang out with a different girl. You kept in your anger and sadness, and tried to calm yourself down, but it didn't work, so you just went into your room and did the next best thing: you called Ara.

"Hello?"
"Ara.........."
"Oof, you sound like you've been having the worst day of your life."
"I am."
"Oh. Why??"
"I'm sorry, I just really needed to talk to someone about my problems......"
"No, it's totally okay, (Y/N)! You know I'll always be there for you, right?"
"Yeah......"
"Okay, so what's the problem today, sister?"
"Um....you know Jinhwan....."
"What about him?"
"He's.......going to hang out with Sooyoung today."
"WHAT."
"I said that he's going to hang out with Sooyoung in a few hours!"
"What the-I didn't actually think that he would do that!"
"Me too, but he's been doing everything with her recently.....why wouldn't he hang out with her."

"I'm so annoyed right now, I can't even imagine how you feel."
"It sucks."
"Now I feel a little offended. He never hung out with just you before, why's he doing it with Sooyoung?"
"Like I said, he probably likes her. But he actually isn't hanging out with just her. Her friends are going."
"Oh. Well I guess that's a little better....."
". . ."
"Okay, Yeah, that also sucks."
"Ara, what am I supposed to do?? I can't believe he actually wants to be friends with Sooyoung and her annoying group!"
"I guess you have to just cope with it, there's really nothing you can do to stop him....."
"(Sigh)"
"I'm sorry, dude...."
"Nah, it's okay, at least I had someone to talk to."

"Hey, (Y/N)."
"Yeah?"
"Were you going to do anything for Valentine's Day?"
"I mean, I got Jinhwan a small present, but I'm kinda scared to give it to him."
"Oh...."
"What about you?"
"I did actually get Channie something, but I'm not scared to give it to him...."
"Lucky. Are you going to confess to him?"
"What? No way! Not yet!"
"Oh. Why not?"
"Because I'm really sure that Chanwoo likes you back."
"No, no....I've known him less than I've known Jay. I'm not going to yet."

"....should I confess to Jinhwan?"
". . ."
"Ara?"
". . ."
"Hey!"
". . ."
". . ."
"You know what? Yeah. You should tell him."
"Really?"
"Look, I know that it seems like Jay doesn't have the same feelings for you, but believe me. I know what I saw before he met Sooyoung. He likes you, (Y/N)."
"Are you sure? So....I should really tell him?"
"Yes. If he says that he doesn't like you back, say okay naturally, and say that you're okay with being just friends."
"But what if Jinhwan thinks I'm weird and doesn't want to be my friend anymore...."
"Jay is a nice person. He wouldn't do that. Trust me. And I'm pretty sure he likes you anyways."
"(Sigh) Okay, I'm trusting you, Ara. On Tuesday, I'll tell him."
"You know I've got your back, right?"
"Yeah."
"You got this, my dude. Hwaiting!"

After the call, you looked at the hoodie and then took a deep breath. I can do this. I'm not scared. It'll be okay. You thought to yourself as you nodded. Sooyoung's only trying to get to you. Just don't give a crap about her and you'll be okay. Feeling a little bit better, you wanted to make sure that Jinhwan was happy instead of being jealous over nothing.