Chapter 24

After school had ended, you were looking around for Jinhwan because he wasn't in his office. You went to the lunch tables and saw him walking over to......Sooyoung?? You lifted a brow and went closer to find out what was happening.
"Jinhwan, I was looking for you....." you said quietly. He didn't look too happy so you decided to stay quiet. He did give you eye contact before grabbing your wrist and bringing you over to Sooyoung.
"Oh hey, Oppa, what's-" Sooyoung stopped as she looked at you. She glared at you.
"Oppa, is it true?" she asked.
"I'm guessing that you found out." he said.
"Yeah, it's a rumour right? You wouldn't really date someone like her, huh? I figured that was the case since-"
"No, we're dating. And I asked her and she said yes." he said as his expression got darker.
"H-Huh? You're really dating her.....w-well congratulations! I hope the best for you!" she said.

You frowned.
"No, I know that you really don't." Jinhwan said.
"W-What do you mean?" Sooyoung asked. You rolled your eyes.
"You're saying that you hope the best for us, yet you went up to my girlfriend this morning and slapped her for stealing me from you? When did I belong to you? When was I yours?" he asked.
"Th-That's not what I meant, I just...." she trailed off, avoiding eye contact. Instead, she gave you a small glare.
"Don't glare at (Y/N). I don't care if you don't like her, she's still going to be my girlfriend, and if you want to stay at least friends with me, you're going to have to get used to her." he said. Sooyoung stayed silent.

"I suggest that you apologize." he said.
"Sorry, Oppa..." she said.
"Why are you saying it to me? You slapped her. I'm not the one you should be apologizing to." he said. She looked at you for a second.
"Sorry." she said a little angrily without looking at you.
"Look, I know that you don't want me to hate you. Don't be that kind of person, so please don't hurt her again, okay?" Jinhwan asked. He then pat your back.
"Let's go." he said.
"You know, you really didn't need to do that..." you said.
"What are you talking about? Of course I needed to do that. You're my girlfriend, and one of my own students slapped you. There was no way that I wasn't going to talk to her about it. I gave her a warning, if she hurts you again, you better tell me." Jinhwan said. You nodded.

He walked you home and waved to you from across your house before going into his own. You went upstairs and knocked on Bobby's room.
"Tokki Oppa, I'm home." you said as you leaned against the door. He suddenly opened it and you almost fell over, but you managed to stop yourself from doing so.
"Let's talk." he said.
"Uh....okay." you replied. He sat on his wheelchair and you sat on his bed.
"How was your day?" he asked.
"It was okay, I guess..." you said. You looked at Bobby with a suspicious look.
"Where is this "talk" going to?" you asked.
"How's Jinani Hyung?" he asked. You rolled your eyes.
"For goodness sake, I thought you approved of us." you said.
"I do, I just want to know, can't an older brother do that?" he asked.

"Well, he's been treating me great." you told him.
"That's good....hey, do you have any enemies or something like that at school? You never really tell me about what happens during the day." he said as he spun around in his chair.
"Yes, there is someone that me and all of my friends, and probably including the entire school, hate." you said.
"Really? Who?" he asked.
"Well, her name is Sooyoung Choi. She's really annoying." you said.
"Do entertain me with stories of this Sooyoung Choi." Bobby said, spinning just a little too fast.
"She hates me because I'm dating Jinhwan. You see, she's been doing things to me because she really likes Jinhwan too." you said. Your brother crashed down onto the floor from his chair. He looked up at you.
"She hurt you? WHAT HAPPENED." Bobby demanded.
"She threw sand into my eyes once and slapped me this morning." you said. Bobby choked on his spit.
"What?!" he exclaimed.
"It's fine now, though." you said.
"Did Jinhwan Hyung do anything?!" he asked.
"Well duh, Of course he did! He's not that heartless! He literally yelled at her after school." you told him. Bobby sighed.

"Why do you not tell me these things......" he muttered.
"I don't know, I'm not angry after I rant to my friends about it." you said.
"Again with the "Telling your friends before you tell your relatives" thing. Why do you do this?" he asked.
"If you want me to tell you too, I can." you said.
"You should." he said.
"I will then."

Once you left, you went to your room and got a call from Ara. You picked up.

"Hello?"
"(Y/N)? Alright, spill."
"What?"
"You said that you would tell me everything about what happened on Valentine's Day! Come on, I've been waiting for like ever! Tell me!!"
"Okay, okay, fine."

After you told Ara everything, she freaked out for a minute.

"Hey, (Y/N)?"
"Yeah?"
"Don't you think that you were being a little too.......easy??"
"What? What do you mean?"
"I mean, it was great that you got together with Jinhwan, but I feel like the way you agreed with all of this was a little too fast."
"What, so you think that I made a bad decision?"
"No, not at all! I just feel like all the explanations were a little too fast. I mean if you think about it, there were so many emotions and drama in the entire situation, and like it made everything like super intense. He caused you so much pain, and for you to just......agree to be his boyfriend was a bit.....you know...."
"And?"
"I just want Jinhwan to prove himself so I came up with an idea."
"What idea?"
"Like I said, I just think you were being a little too easy for Jinhwan."
"What, so you want me to play like.......hard to get or something?"
"Exactly."
"Why?"
"To test him! You should test him to see how much he really likes you. It'll determine if he'll really be a good boyfriend or not!"
". . ."
"So, how about it?"
".....I don't know where you're going with this."
"It's simple! Just make him jealous!"
"Jealous....?"
"Yup!"
"Ara, I'm not sure if this is a good idea...."
"I mean, it is completely fine if you don't want to do this, I just want you to be 100% sure that Jinhwan is the right one for you."
"(Sigh) I don't know, maybe I'll do it if I feel like it."
"Okay, just make sure you tell me what happens if you do it."
"Alright, alright, you're so curious about me and him."
"Yeah, I am! See ya, bestie!"
"Byeeeeeeee."

Once you finished calling, you laid on your bed. If you really were able to make Jinhwan jealous, what would happen?

The thought kept lingering in your head.