Chapter 32

The first day of April came by quickly. You were at school in second period, waiting for your boyfriend to tell the class to do the daily lap. He came out and blew the whistle to silence everybody.
"Alright, I have to tell you guys something, so sit down." he said. Everybody sat down on the ground and listened to what he had to say.
"So, it's almost the end of the school and I wanted you guys to work a little harder as the year came to an end. That's why I came up with the perfect exercise. You guys are going to run 10 laps around the track." he said. Your eyes widened and Ara's mouth dropped. Everyone else seemed to be just as shocked as you were.
"But you can't walk because that's cheating." he added. Ara choked.
"And we're going to do 100 curl-ups for the fitness test. afterwards." Everyone gasped. They looked at Jinhwan like he was out of his mind. What were you supposed to do, then? Just jog around the track slowly? That would take ages.

The entire class was silent and just stared at your boyfriend with a mortified expression. Jinhwan stared back at you with a serious face. Then he smiled.
"April Fools."

Everyone instantly started to groan in frustration and sigh in relief. You facepalmed while Ara laughed her butt off.
"I can't believe we actually fell for that, how stupid are we?" she said. Jinhwan was busy laughing too as all the boys began to complain and whine to him.
"Aw man, not cool, Mr. Kim!"
"I almost crapped myself!"
"How did we forget that it was April Fools today?!"
"I thought I was going to die!"

"Dang, I got you all!" Jinhwan said in between laughs. "But seriously, though. Y'all have to do curl-ups for fitness testing today. Now go run your lap." he said before the class got up and went towards the track. While you were running, you passed by Sooyoung and her group.
"I actually thought that Mr. Kim would make us do all that." her friend said.
"Are you kidding? Oppa wouldn't do that to us. Well, maybe to you guys, but not to me." she said in between pants. You rolled your eyes. You knew she was really selfish, but you didn't think she would actually be a brat to her own friends. You picked up a little bit more speed just so that you didn't have to hear their conversation anymore.

After the class ended, you were in the locker rooms getting your things, however, Sooyoung and her friends were talking inside. You got your backpack and headed for the door, walking down the short hallway.
"Do you still like Mr. Kim, Sooyoung?" you heard one of the girls say. You stopped.
"Of course I do, what were you thinking?" Sooyoung said back.
"I mean, he has a girlfriend right? I thought
(Y/N) was dating him." someone else said.
"Oh please, that's only temporary." Sooyoung replied.
"What do you mean?" her friend asked.
"Look, Oppa is mine. He doesn't really like
(Y/N), he's only waiting until I graduate. Then we'll be together." Sooyoung said. Your brows furrowed.
"Did he tell you that?" asked another girl.
"Come on, he didn't tell me, but I already know." Sooyoung said.
"Really?"
"Quit asking me dumb questions and get on with it! I like Oppa and he probably likes me back, that's all you need to know. Besides, we kissed already anyways." Sooyoung said.

You didn't realize you were holding your breath until someone walked in. You blinked. Then, you shook your head. Bullcrap. It's all bullcrap. She's just in denial and won't admit her defeat. Don't let her fool you. You thought before straightening up and walking out. That conversation stuck to you though, because you kept on thinking about it for the rest of the school day. You were slowly getting frustrated.

When you came home, you sat down on the couch and hugged your knees, spacing out. You kept on having flashbacks. The day when Jinhwan confessed to you, but also the day that Sooyoung kissed him. You groaned in frustration.
"Whatever." you grumbled as you mashed a pillow into your face. Seconds later, the doorbell rang. You got up and opened the door to see your boyfriend standing at the doorstep.
"What the-what are you doing here??" you asked.
"I was bored and I wanted to see you." he said bluntly. You let him in.
"So......." you trailed off.
"Do you want to have a party?" he asked randomly.
"Right now? That's so sudden." you said.
"I don't know, I thought a party would be fun. Or just inviting all our friends and hanging out at your house." he said.
"Why's it always my house-" you got cut off as the door suddenly flung open. That was when a your friends all ran in and screamed.

"WHAT!" you said.
"WOOOOOO LET'S PARTYYYYY!" Bobby yelled as he jumped on the couch like a lunatic. Junhoe and Chanwoo went to the fridge. Ara was laughing so hard she was going to faint.
"What's going on?!" you asked.
"April Fools!" Everyone yelled. Your mouth dropped.
"Jinhwan, you invited everyone to a non-existent party at my house as an April Fool's joke?!" you exclaimed.
"Yup! But everyone was in on the prank! Now we need to hang out together! Right now!" he said. You facepalmed, but broke into laughter in embarrassment.
"You guys are going to kill me someday, I swear." you laughed.

And that's how you ended up hanging out with all of your friends, but then in the midst of all that, freaking Sooyoung came back to haunt you. At first, you just tried to ignore it, but the more you tried doing that, the more you thought about what Sooyoung said in the locker rooms. You sat on the couch and began to space out again. The memory of Sooyoung kissing Jinhwan just bothered you too much and you got really uncomfortable because of it. Jinhwan walked over to you.
"Are you okay? You look stressed." he asked. You looked up at him slowly before bringing him into the bathroom. You brought him to the sink and pointed at it.

"Wash your mouth." you said. Jinhwan blinked.
"What?" he said.
"There's a sink in front of you. Wash your mouth." you said again.
"Uh....okay....?" he said before washing his mouth with water. After, he looked at you with a confused look.
"Do it again." you said.
"What? Why?" he asked.
"Because I remembered that Sooyoung kissed you on Valentine's Day." you grumbled. Jinhwan gave you an are-you-serious look.
"Seriously?" he said.
"YES, NOW WASH IT AGAIN!" you whined.

Jinhwan groaned and washed his mouth again with water and then dried his mouth with a towel.
"Do it with soap." you said.
"What? No! It'll get in my mouth!" he replied.
"Dooooo ittttt! I started to think about it and now it won't stop bothering me!" you complained.
"No!"
"Jinhwannnnnnn!"

Jinhwan sighed and then walked over to you. You frowned at him as he stopped in front of you and stared into your eyes.
"Oppa, I told you to-" you got cut off as Jinhwan suddenly pecked you on the lips. Your eyes widened.
"There, I replaced it, are you happy now?" he asked.
"I-I, y-you, what just-why-u-uh, sh-she-" you stuttered. Jinhwan just grinned and walked out, leaving you flustered. Your face was bright as a tomato and you weren't able to talk correctly. Jinhwan kissed me. He kissed me and he did it on the lips. He did it on my lips. You thought. Your eyes widened.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

"Oh my Gosh, what was that?!" Yunhyeong asked in surprise.
"That sounded like......(Y/N)???!" B.I said.
"Hyung, do you know what happened??" Donghyuk asked Jinhwan. Jinhwan shrugged.
"I don't know, Donghyuk, I wonder what happened." Jinhwan said with a grin before walking into the kitchen.