Chapter 54

Your heart pounded along with the loud thumping of your footsteps as you chased after Sooyoung through the amusement park. Your chest was starting to feel tight and you could hear yourself starting to wheeze as you ran. She was only a few feet ahead of you, if you could just run a little faster, you could get your things back.
"Sooyoung, stop!" you yelled in a strained voice. Sooyoung looked back only to stick out her tongue at you and give you the finger before turning left and running into a crowd of people. Of course, why'd I think that would work. You thought as you ran. Picking up more speed, you followed her into the crowd. You saw Sooyoung shove all the people around her.
"Move, b*tch!" she spat at another teenage girl as she pushed her to the ground.
"HEY!" you shouted, making Sooyoung whip around. You were just about ready to jump at her, but she continued to charge herself out of the crowd.

You let out a groan of frustration before stopping to quickly help the girl up, lending her a hand.
"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry that she did that to you, she's crazy and I'm trying to stop her from doing anything illegal." you said, panting heavily. The girl took your hand and got up.
"Seems like she's already done something illegal." she grumbled. You bowed at her before running after Sooyoung again. Crap! You thought. You lost her, she was completely gone from your range of sight. You rushed around, trying to look for her.
"Ugh, I can't believe I lost her!" you said to yourself. What were you supposed to do now? There was no way Sooyoung would take your bag and just give it back later, she was definitely going to do something with it. It was just then when you heard her yell at someone and saw her run past the stage. You immediately started to sprint towards her again.

Sooyoung suddenly ran through the exit and your eyes widened. She's going to run all the way back to the outdoor park?! You thought in despair. Your legs were starting to feel numb and your head hurt from all the running, but you couldn't stop, not while that witch still had her grimy hands on your bag. Just a bit more, just a little bit faster. You told yourself as you got yourself to run even faster. Your chest felt like it was about to burst, but you ignored it and kept on running. Your were getting closer to Sooyoung, who was now running across the bridge that connected the indoor and outdoor parks together. Every second she was running she was about to crash into another person, but like the idiot she was, she only cursed loudly and bumped past them.

Trying to brush away all the embarrassment you were feeling, you chased Sooyoung to the huge castle that was at the middle of the outdoor park. You couldn't seem to get any closer to her until she suddenly bumped into someone and fell, dropping your bag onto the floor. She quickly took your bag again and stood back up, looking back at you. Sooyoung's eyes widened and then she cursed, turning back around and running again. At this point, you were only a few feet behind her. You're almost there, just get close enough to grab her! You thought as you used the rest of your strength to sprint up to her. Now you were right behind her and you reached your arm out, trying to grab the back of her shirt. You were just about to catch her until Sumin and Eunji appeared out of nowhere and tripped you, making you crash onto the ground.

That was when everything hit you. You tried to get back up, but you only ended up losing balance and falling again. When you opened your eyes, there were dark spots in your vision and everything was spinning. You were so dizzy that you ended up hitting your head back onto the cement while trying to sit up. You could hear yourself wheezing every time you breathed in and out, and you started to cough uncontrollably afterwards. The tightness in your chest was worse than you could ever imagine and your throat felt like it was burning. Oh no. You thought in your head. You knew exactly what was happening. You were having an Asthma Attack.
"Aw, is someone tired from running so much?" you heard Sooyoung say. She was looking down at you, still holding your bag. Your eyes widened. Your bag. Your inhaler.

"S-Sooyou-bag, m-my bag." you said, trying to talk. You were trembling and wheezing violently.
"This? You didn't catch me yet. Just look at yourself right now. You think I'm going to give this to you so easily?" she asked. You grabbed your chest and closed your eyes tightly. Why did she have to act like this now? Couldn't she see that you really needed help?
"N-Need it, g-give it now!" you said with a hoarse voice.
"Watching you act so over-sensitive is a pain to the eyes. Do you even know what I had to go through because of you? Stop acting like you're the victim here, you're only getting what you deserve. Now, if you want your bag back, you're going to have to get on your knees and beg for it." Sooyoung said with an evil smirk.

You hoisted yourself onto your knees, one hand still on your chest and the other on the ground next to you.
"S-Sorry sorrysorrysorry sorry, p-please just g-give the bag now." you said, coughing in between your words. You were gasping for air now, the tightness was getting worse. Your chest felt like it was going to explode.
"Ugh, you call that an apology? I might not even give this to you, that didn't sound sincere at all." Sooyoung said as she rolled her eyes.
"Sooyoung, Oh my G-God!" you yelled, wheezing.
"What was that? Did you just-"
"Sooyoung, maybe you should give it back to her....she really doesn't look good." you heard Eunji say.
"Ugh, lighten up, will you, girl? I'm just waiting for her to tell me a real plead. Let a girl have some fun." Sooyoung said.

You fell back to the ground again. You couldn't breathe. The dizziness got worse and you were losing your vision. You started to have a huge migraine because you weren't able to breathe.
"Hey, what's going on, here?" you heard a stranger say.
"What? None of your business, you creep. Screw off." Sumin spat to the boy as she crossed her arms.
"What are you doing to her? Why's she like that? Why the Hell aren't you helping her?!" the teenager exclaimed.

Someone replied back to him, but you could not longer hear the rest of the conversation. All you heard was the wheezing coming out of your mouth as your chest heaved up and down rapidly. You were suffocating and you began to panic, which didn't help at all. Tears streamed down your face as you felt yourself losing consciousness. There were incoherent murmurs from the people who were slowly starting to crowd around you. They watched as your eyelids started to droop down while Sooyoung continued to yell at them to leave. They're here and they can see me, but.....why aren't they helping? You thought. I'm dying, but none of you are helping me. Why aren't you........helping.......me....... You were left on the ground with a feeling of utter confusion and regret. You were lightheaded and unable to move anymore.

I knew I shouldn't have went after her. You thought. With one last breath, you closed your eyes and lost yourself into darkness.

Jinhwan, please help me.