Chapter 46

"Jinhwan!" you called as you ran towards your boyfriend. He raised his hand. School had just ended and this morning Jinhwan agreed that he'd drive you to his house to talk to his parents.
"(Y/N), wait!" you heard Ara say from behind you. You stopped and turned around.
"What is it?" you asked.
"You're going to talk to Jay's parents right now, right?" she asked. You nodded.
"I just wanted to tell you good luck, okay? I know you and Jinhwan have been through a tough situation for a while, I just really want you guys to be happy now. I really hope you can get through with his parents, okay? If you need any help you know I'm here for you." Ara said.
"Thanks, dude. I always know that I can trust you." you replied.
"Alright, then. Hwaiting? I'm rooting for you!!" she said. You laughed before running to Jinhwan.

"Are you ready to go?" Jinhwan asked.
"Yup. Let's do this." you replied. He opened the door for you and you sat inside the car. Once he drove you to his house, you got out and followed Jinhwan to the door. He took a deep breath before unlocking the door and opening it. You stood behind him so you were hidden. His mother and father were sitting on the table. His mother whipped her head towards the door and stood up.
"Where have you been? Don't tell me you've been gone because of that stupid break up." she asked. Your brows furrowed and you continued to stay hidden, waiting for the right moment to introduce yourself.

"Your mother told me about that and I can't say that I'm not disappointed, son." you heard his father say. You swallowed.
"It wasn't because of that, I have a girlfriend." Jinhwan replied.
"Oh, finally! You got over that filthy excuse for a-" his mother stopped when you peaked from the side and stare at her. She looked at you and her eyes widened. She turned to Jinhwan and glared at him.
"I thought you broke up with her." she said, gritting her teeth.
"We did. Then we made up and we're together again." Jinhwan said. Jinhwan's parents glared holes into you, which you began to get annoyed at.

You cleared your throat and straightened up your expression.
"Hello, my name is (Y/N)(L/N). I'm Jinhwan's girlfriend." you said, giving a 90 degree bow. Jinhwan's mother gave you a disgusted look and his father ignored you. At this point, you were completely irritated at their behavior. You thought they would at least act like they liked you, but they didn't even give a crap about what they were saying about you even when you were standing right next to them. They didn't have any manners at all, they were inhumane.
"Well, aren't you going to say hi? She's a guest, Mom." Jinhwan said. You could hear the anger building up in his voice. His mother cleared her throat.
"......hello....." she said, looking elsewhere. You knew it was fake, but you weren't surprised. Is Jinhwan really her son? You asked yourself.

"Could you give us a moment?" Jinhwan's father asked you. You nodded and walked out the door, closing it behind you. You stood outside and crossed your arms, staring at nothing until you heard talking from inside.
"She's even worse than I thought. Why are you back with her?" you heard his father say.
"What the Hell, Dad? She came here to talk with you guys." Jinhwan said.
"Ugh, Jinhwan you are being so stupid right now! The world finally gives you a chance and what to you do? You ignore it and continue to act like a complete idiot! You knew Sooyoung would be your girlfriend if you asked, why didn't you just go to her after you and that wench broke up?!" his mother yelled. You clenched your fist.

"What are you talking about?! I didn't go to her because I don't freaking like Sooyoung! That's so damn obvious! I hate her! She has no manners and believes that the world revolves around her! You think she'd actually treat me like her boyfriend if we dated?" Jinhwan shouted. You tapped your foot in pure annoyance.
"Well, of course she would! Do you know how sweet she is?" Jinhwan's mother asked. You choked. Sooyoung? Sweet? The words "Sooyoung" and "Sweet" should never be in the same sentence unless it's saying that Sooyoung isn't sweet.
"Are you kidding me?I know her better than you, she's only visited you once! She lies, Mom, why are you believing what she says?" Jinhwan asked. '
"You know what? Forget about Sooyoung. I'm going to let you decide now. Break up with her and be with someone else, anyone, it doesn't matter, just not her. Then, we can forget this ever happened and we can live like normal. If you don't, then you're facing all your problems by yourself." his father said.

You got a little nervous at that.
"Do you think I'm dumb? No. I'm not breaking up with her. No way." Jinhwan said. You let out a sigh of relief. You then turned around and opened the door.
"Sir, I'm sorry, but I can prove to you that I'm not what you think." you said.
"Shut up! You're only coming after our money!" his Mom said, making your eyes widen. Jinhwan's eyes widened as well and he shot his mother a scowl.
"You're seriously letting Mom do this, Dad? You're going to let her yell and scream at a person she doesn't even know?" he asked.
"I looked at this girl and I already know how she's like. She's not the one for you. End it with her, now." he demanded. You couldn't hold back anymore and shot a glare back at his parents.

"You know, you guys make it hard to believe that I'm your son." Jinhwan scoffed in disbelief.
"If you're not going to listen, then you aren't my son. He wouldn't date a low-life like her!" his mother said. You groaned in frustration. You thought you could talk to them, but you didn't know it would be as bad as this.
"Let's go, Jinhwan. They won't listen, there's no point." you said as you walked out the door onto the sidewalk.
"You get out too." his father said.
"What?" Jinhwan said. His father suddenly then shoved him out the door, making Jinhwan fall onto the ground.
"Oh my God!" you shouted as you ran over to him.
"I told you already. If you stay with her, you'll face all of your problems by yourself. Don't think about coming back unless you're coming to get your stuff." his father said harshly before slamming the door shut.

Your mouth dropped open, leaving both of you to stare at the door in complete silence. You felt anger surround you, but you kept it in and turned your head to Jinhwan. It went away when you saw the tears in his eyes.
"J-Jinhwan, no, no......" you said. He wiped his tears and smiled.
"It's.....it's okay. I'm okay." he said.
"But....Oppa...." you said. He stood up, another tear falling in the process, but he quickly wiped it away again. He sniffed before lending out his hand to you.
"Let's go." he said, still smiling. You looked at him with a worried expression, but you stood up and took his hand. Your heart ached when you felt how tightly he was holding yours.

"Oppa, it'll be okay....." you said, looking at him.
"I know. I'll be fine." he said, giving you a smile. You should've felt relieved then. You should've been smiling back at him. You were supposed to feel confident that you could help things go back to normal, but your heart ached and you didn't feel comfort when he smiled at you. How are you even smiling, Jinhwan? You thought. He walked with you back to your house with a smile on his face, but you were still filled with anger, disappointment, and grief because you knew that behind it, he was secretly crying inside.