Chapter 35

Author's Note: So yeah, this chapter was a little late because I was on vacation. Gotta love 3G WiFi, right? Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, you didn't get any message or call from Jinhwan at all. He didn't call you, he didn't text you, he didn't come over, and you didn't hear of him throughout the entire day. You really began to worry. Something happened since yesterday, and you knew Jinhwan wasn't in a good situation. You didn't want to call him again either because you were afraid that you might call at the wrong time and partially because you thought he would be mad at you again. Well, you weren't exactly sure if he was mad at you yesterday, but it really sounded like he was, so you didn't want to bother him. It made you really uncomfortable because you couldn't do anything. You didn't want to tell anyone either because there really wouldn't be a point in doing it. You just wanted to know that he was okay.

You constantly texted him throughout the day, but he never replied. He never even saw them. You had no idea what he was doing. You stared at your phone and sighed sadly.

It hurt to think that he was ignoring you

It hurt to think that he was ignoring you. He wasn't like this. He was always happy to see you or hear your voice, but he was suddenly acting so.....cold. You huffed as you put your phone on the bed.
"It's all because of that day." you grumbled.
"What the Hell happened, why the Hell isn't he telling me?" you asked yourself. That was when your phone suddenly vibrated. You almost tripped over your own foot before you practically pounced at your phone. When you saw Jinhwan's name, your face lit up, but it soon fell and your heart ached at what he sent.

And that felt like a slap to the face

And that felt like a slap to the face. He got so annoyed of your texts that he used a period in his reply. Who uses a period in their texts?? You dropped your phone back on the bed and sat onto the floor. You curled up and hugged your legs while leaning against your bed. What happened to him? He was perfectly happy and fine with you weeks ago. Something must've happened that made him change so drastically. You sighed and closed your eyes as your heart began to ache.

~~time skip to the next day~~

It was the morning of another school day and you would finally be able to see Jinhwan. You could find out what happened to him, but you were a bit nervous. If he was mad at you, then he probably wouldn't want to see you.......You shook your head. No, he is my boyfriend. I'm going to check on him. You thought to yourself as you got your things and headed out. You opened the door slowly and looked for him, but he was nowhere to be found. You huffed. Jinhwan used to pick you up every morning. He didn't come out of his house, but you looked to the far right and then spotted him. He was walking by himself across the street. Your heart ached again when you saw how he left you behind and began to walk to school first, but you ignored it and ran up to him.

You knew he heard you running towards him, but he didn't look back. He just kept walking.
"Um....h-hey." you said to him. He didn't say anything and kept walking. The entire way was heartbreakingly awkward because Jinhwan didn't talk at all. You soon gave up in trying to start a conversation because he just ignored you. He didn't even look at you either. The aching in your chest worsened. What did you do wrong? Why was he so mad at you? Why did you deserve this treatment from him? You winced at your own thoughts as you walked besides Jinhwan. When Ara and Chanwoo came over, you felt relieved. Most of the tension went away, but a little bit of it still lingered between everyone because the only person who didn't talk was Jinhwan. An uneasy feeling arose in your stomach as you remembered this familiar feeling. It was just like when Jinhwan was busy on his phone instead of talking with the group because of Sooyoung. It was happening all over again, except this time Sooyoung wasn't the problem. It was you. No.....not again.....please not again..... You thought as you ripped your gaze away from your boyfriend and continued to talk with Ara and Chanwoo.

During P.E, he didn't come over and talk to you, and you were scared to talk to him first, so you just didn't do anything. However, during class you kept on catching him staring at you, but it wasn't the nice kind. It was more of a really judgmental look, it felt like there was something about you that he didn't like. Was it your clothes? Was there something on your face? It definitely left an unpleasant feeling for you. You occasionally saw him staring at Sooyoung too, which alerted you. You were starting to get confused. The sudden change in Jinhwan was too unbelievable. Just a few weeks ago, he was hugging and kissing you, telling you how much he loved you, then now he's ignoring you completely and you didn't know why. You were starting to get stressed, and it worried you throughout the rest of the school day. You couldn't focus in any of your classes because of him.

After school ended, you wanted to find out what happened to him, but just like this morning, you didn't find him in the usual area. After giving up in running around the entire campus, you went over to Ara.
"Hey, have you seen my boyfriend?" you panted.
"Jay? Um, no....doesn't he usually wait for you?" she asked. You turned around and huffed when you finally saw him walking on the sidewalk that led to his house. He was leaving without you again.
"....yeah." you grumbled before catching up to him. He had his hands in his pockets and walked with an expressionless face.
"Hey, are you in a rush? Why do you keep leaving without me?" you asked him. He was silent for a moment as he continued to walk.
"I don't.......always have to walk with you." he said without sparing you a glance. That made you halt, and you stared as he kept on walking.

You just stood for a while, letting him walk ahead of you and then you began to follow him from far behind. Once again, your heart ached when you watched him go home without looking back at you even once.