Chapter 39

The past week was absolutely terrible. You couldn't get yourself to stop crying. At first, you thought the endless tears were because of the fact that Jinhwan basically betrayed you, but even after you knew that you were over it, you were still crying. You should've been over it, but you were still crying. The entire week you couldn't get yourself to do anything. You've only gotten yourself to finish homework because your head had to calculate stuff instead of thinking about Jinhwan, but he invaded your mind whenever you were doing anything else. You couldn't sleep, you barely even ate, and soon you didn't feel like doing anything at all.

Besides him, there was also something else you've been thinking about a lot. It was Bobby. You missed him ten times more than before. Usually your brother was there for you when you had random breakdowns about dumb stuff and he'd make fun of you for it afterwards, but he did listen and help you feel better when it was happening. Now that you were breaking down constantly because of something actually serious, he wasn't even here, and he was still going to be gone for the next few weeks. You were endlessly crying, and it sucked when you were hurt and alone, with nobody to stay by your side.

You were on the floor sniffing while tears flowed down your cheeks. You groaned in anger.
"Why am I still crying!?" you yelled to yourself.
"Why the Hell am I like this?! Why can't I stop crying?! Why does he still matter to me?!" You shouted. You covered your face with your hands.
"Where the Hell is Bobby?" you said quietly as you cried. That was when the door suddenly slammed open and you heard someone yell loudly.
"I'M HOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!"

You paused. It was Bobby.

"Bobby, the door's gonna break!" you heard your mother say from outside.
"SIS, WHERE ARE YA-" he stopped when he saw you on the floor.
"(Y-Y/N), what happened-why're you crying?" he said as he rushed over to you. You sniffed and sat up.
"Dude....." you said sadly. He wiped your tears with his hand and put an arm around you.
"What happened?" Bobby asked quietly.
"I think....." you started.
"I-I think we broke up." you said as your voice cracked.
"What now?!" your mother said as she walked into the house.
"Me and Jinhwan....I think we broke up." you said as you started to cry again. Bobby stared at you with his mouth open before hugging you and rubbing your back soothingly.
"Just tell me everything that happened." Bobby said.
"Well, I've been like this since last week. That was when we fought. He started to shut me out randomly and it's been a problem. I confronted him about it, he got mad, he compared me to Sooyoung, we fought, I left the house. That's it really, but I can't stop crying. I thought I was crying because I was so angry at him, but it's not that......I don't even know anymore...." you cried.
"He lied to me. I think he liked Sooyoung the entire time." you said. Bobby sighed.

"It's okay, (Y/N)....everything will be okay. Me and Mom are here now, you won't be alone anymore." Bobby said, which definitely made you feel a bit better.
"How are you even here?" you asked.
"I finished all my work early and I could leave so I came back. Looks like I was a bit too late, though...." he said.
"No," you sniffed. "It's alright. At least you're here now." Bobby gave you a sad look.

~~time skip~~

Bobby was walking over to Jinhwan's house. He banged on the door loudly.
"Kim Jinhwan! Get out here!" he hollered. The door slowly opened and the second Jinhwan peeked out, Bobby punched him in the face. Jinhwan stumbled and ended up falling to the floor. He held his cheek and had a burst lip, but when he looked up at Bobby, he showed no emotion whatsoever.
"You freaking bastard." Bobby growled. "Did you think I was joking when I said that I'd rip your head off if you ever hurt her again?" Jinhwan closed his eyes.
"What the Hell were you thinking." Bobby snarled.
"Do you think my sister is a toy? How bored were you that you decided to just play with her feelings? Ugh, I knew letting this happen was going to be a crappy freaking idea." Bobby spat. Jinhwan couldn't hold back his own tears and ended up letting them fall. Bobby sighed and held his forehead stressfully.

"I thought you would've been better, Hyung. You were always a good person to me. You were a good person to all the other women we've met. When the two of you told me that you were dating, I thought it was going to be a terrible idea, but I thought about it. I thought you would treat her well, and I thought she would be happy, but something went horribly wrong. Hyung, this....this wasn't supposed to happen." Bobby said.
"I know." Jinhwan replied quietly before standing up slowly, his eyes damp.
"You're right, Bobby. I don't deserve someone like her. Hell, I don't deserve to be with anyone. I thought I was the luckiest man in the world to have her in my arms, but I should've known that it was going to be temporary. I should've known that I was going to be the one to screw everything up. I don't know what's wrong with me, Bobby. I thought I could make her happy, but all I did was make her cry. I just-I wish......I wish I wasn't so freaking stupid." Jinhwan said shakily as he cried. Bobby huffed.

"Look, I knew I was making a sacrifice when I said yes to your relationship. I knew our own relationship would be destroyed if anything bad happened, but I said okay anyways. I thought everything would be fine because I trusted you, but it was a mistake and now she's so ridiculously heartbroken. She's crying, Hyung." Bobby said.
"I know."
"She's miserable because of you."
"I know."
"She won't do anything because of you, she won't do anything but cry until she has no more tears to let out. She's literally dying because of you!"
"I KNOW!" Jinhwan shouted before covering his face.
"I know, Bobby, I freaking know." He sobbed. There was a moment of silence before Bobby spoke again.

"I wanted you to be with my sister forever, Hyung.....I really did." Bobby said quietly before leaving.

~

~

~

You were on the couch fiddling with your fingers when Bobby came back  into the house. You sat up quickly.
"Where were you?" you asked. He paused before sighing.

"He cried."