Chapter 15

After four days, it would be the day you were waiting for. The day that you used to be excited about, but now the day you wished would never come. It was almost going to be Valentine's Day. A few weeks ago, you were excited to find out if Jinhwan would get you anything and if he would like the present you would get him, but now that he was hanging out more with the person he probably liked, you didn't know if it would even be a good idea to get him a present at all. What if you ruin everything? You've actually thought about confessing to him, and more than once at that. It seems like such a bad idea after knowing what's happening around you. Maybe you shouldn't say anything. It'll only get you rejected and you might lose a friend.

Getting him a present would be ok, right? Getting a friend a small present on Valentine's day wouldn't hurt......... you thought. You looked at the clock and then looked at the calendar before getting up and getting ready to go outside. Yeah. Getting him a present is going to be okay.

You went to a clothing store and looked around, trying to find something that Jinhwan would like. It's fine, no need to be to extra. A simple, bright hoodie will do good. For a few minutes, you were strolling through the isles until a section of hoodies caught your eye. They were bright blue hoodies that you thought Jinhwan would look really good in. You didn't know his shirt size, but you guessed that it would be similar to your older brother's so you grabbed one and went to buy it. There were lots of Valentine's decorations everywhere, and as you kept on seeing them wherever you went, you felt a sick feeling in your stomach. When you were walking to your car, you looked at the hoodie you bought and took a deep breath. It's only Saturday...... you told yourself.

~~time skip~~

Did the world hate you or something? You decided that you wanted to go to the park for a walk to clear out your thoughts, but it was absolutely impossible when there were people kissing each other everywhere. You literally have never seen as many couples at the park in your entire life, and it made you want to puke. How were you supposed to clear your thoughts when you were forced to feel like a loner because you were jealous of everybody there?! As you watched all the girls laughing and having fun with their boyfriends, you got annoyed everytime you wished that you and Jinhwan could be like that. Not being able to handle it any longer, you turned around and headed back home.

When you walked in, you groaned in frustration and stomped up the stairs, bumping into Bobby on the way. You could tell that he didn't want to mess with you because he was about to say something, but shut his mouth when he saw your dark expression. He rubbed the back of his head while you glared at him.
"Man, you are really grouchy this week, sis." he said. You didn't say anything and just walked past him.
"Hey, are you really okay? You don't get mad easily, what's wrong?" Bobby asked, stopping you.
"It's fine, I'm fine." you grumbled. He sighed before letting you walk to your room. It seemed like he didn't notice the hoodie you were holding because he didn't mention it. You neatly folded it and laid it on your desk before collapsing on the bed.

Why did life suck so much right now? Oh wait, you knew the answer to this question. It's because the person I like doesn't like me and likes the girl I hate instead, and apparently I'm the only one who's going through this problem right now. You thought. You closed your eyes and got so frustrated to the point where you had to smash a pillow on your face and scream in it. You laid on your bed for a while until your phone vibrated. You blindly reached for it and saw that Jinhwan had texted you.