Chapter 34

After all that, the first two weeks of May flew right at your face. Bobby was going to come back in four weeks. Your boyfriend stayed with you in the house a few days after the whole murder incident, but now he was in his own house again. Since he was gone, you were at Ara's house today just to hang out with her.
"So how are you and Jay?" Ara asked.
"Oh boy, would you like to know what happened a few weeks ago." you chuckled.
"Yes, I would like to know, so spill!" she said.
"You know that Seo Joonyoung murder thing that happened like two weeks ago?" you asked.
"Oh yeahhhhhh, I remember that." Ara said.
"Well, that day, I was followed by some creepy weird guy in a hood." you said.

"Sorry, what?!" Ara exclaimed.
"Yeah, and then I ran all the way to my house before he could get me, but then a few moments later someone was fiddling with the doorknob. I got so freaking startled that I couldn't move, but it was just Jinhwan." you said.
"Oh." Ara replied.
"Yeah, but since I got so surprised, I kinda dropped my glass of water on the floor and it shattered everywhere." you said. Ara gasped.
"Is that why you had that band-aid on your face for the entire week?" she asked.
"Well, I had them all over my arms and legs, but I covered up so you didn't see." you said.

"Jeez, you're okay now, right?" Ara asked. You nodded.
"It was kinda funny what happened though. Me and Jinhwan both had a scratch on our cheeks so we walked around with matching band-aids." you said as you showed Ara a selfie that you and your boyfriend took together with the band-aids on.
"Eeeeeeee! That's so cute!! I swear, you guys are like couple goals." Ara said.
"But I can't help but feel as if things are going faster than most relationships do, I mean I don't have any problem with it, but I'm not sure if this is.....normal..?" you said.
"What are you talking about, dude? Your relationship isn't being rushed at all! Look, some relationships start after the kiss and besides, every relationship is different, they grow at their own paces." Ara spoke.

"Hey, do you still like Chanwoo?" you asked.
"Uh......yeah?" she replied.
"Well then why aren't you doing anything? It's been like forever, we're all waiting for something to happen between you two." you said.
"I mean, I don't know......" she said.
"Well, maybe we should see if he does anything for your birthday. Hopefully, we can get a confession out of him." you said with a smirk.
"Oh, shut up....."

"In all honesty though, I'm scared....." you said.
"What why?" Ara asked.
"There's no way that there isn't going to be a single fight or argument in a relationship, right?" you said.
"Well, I guess not....." Ara replied.
"Yeah, and that means that there's going to be a time when me and Jinhwan fight.....I'm nervous about it...." you said.
"(Y/N), Jinhwan is a good person, if you argue about something just know that he still loves you. We're all human, you know." Ara said.
"Do you have any advice if we ever fight?" You asked.
"Hmm....well if I ever fought with my boyfriend, then I would give him time to cool off and then talk about it with him when he calms down." She said. You huffed.
"How come you know so much about this when I'm the one in the relationship?" You asked. Ara shrugged.

"Well, thanks for helping, dude." You said.
"No problem. I'll always be happy to help." Ara said.

A few minutes later, you and Ara decided to eat something.
"We should cook Ramen like we did in Freshman year before we had to cram study for a test." Ara said.
"Oh, dude, yes! Ha, I can't believe we worked our butts off in the first year of Highschool!" you laughed.
"Let's goooooo!" Ara said as she opened the cabinets and took out the ramen packets. As she began to boil the water, you took out your phone and browsed on it as you leaned against the counter. You wondered what Jinhwan was up to and decided to send him a text.

You waited for him to reply since he always checked his texts, but for some reason he didn't reply yet

You waited for him to reply since he always checked his texts, but for some reason he didn't reply yet. You shrugged it off and left your phone on the counter to help Ara. It took around twenty minutes to finish cooking the Ramen. Once you did, you and Ara sat down at the table and began to eat. You suddenly remembered about the text you sent to your boyfriend and reached for your phone, which was still left on the counter. Huh, that's weird. You thought. He always replies to my texts. Maybe his phone was out of battery, or his ringer was off. I guess he must be busy.

~~time skip~~

When you went back to your house, you went into your room. You changed into comfortable clothes and then laid on the bed. Jinhwan still hadn't texted you back, and you quickly got bored again so you decided to call him. He didn't pick up, which left you confused. You decided to call one more time because now you were beginning to wonder if something happened to him. The phone rang repeatedly and you waited for him to pick up as you chewed on your lip nervously. Please pick up, please pick up...... you thought. You heard him pick up, but he didn't say anything.

"Jinhwan? It's me, is everything-"
"Do we have to do this now?"

You blinked. He sounded really.....mad.

"Um, d-did I interrupt something-"
"Yes."

You swallowed. They way he kept on cutting you off made you nervous.

"O-Oh, really? S-Sorry, I should end the um......"

He sighed.

"Sorry, but now isn't the right time."
"Oh.....sorry, Jinhwan....I'll end the call, but could you text me when you can? I just wanna make sure you're okay...."

There was a slight pause before he responded with a low hum.

"Okay, I'll end the call now.....Bye, Jinhwan, I love you."

He immediately ended the call. You blinked. So he really was busy. You didn't know why, but you felt your heart ache a little. He sounded really pissed over the phone. You told yourself it was because he probably had to go through something, but there was so much negativity that radiated from his voice. You couldn't help but feel as if his anger was directed at you. He didn't even say bye back to you before ending the call, and he kept on cutting you off. Now, you were dying to know if he was okay. Please call back soon..... You thought as you stared at your phone. You sighed and went downstairs to do something while waiting for him to text you.
"Maybe he'll cool off and text me later today...." you told yourself.

He never texted you back.