Chapter 60

Author's note: Hi, guys, it's been a while! One second it's the end of 2019, and the next second it's the beginning of 2020 and there's a huge pandemic that's causing havoc on the world. I'm doing okay during this whole Covid-19 crisis and I really hope that you guys are too. Here's the next chapter of the book (that I took forever to type again, I am so sorry for the wait)! Make sure you guys wash your hands! I love you all and I want you guys to be safe ❤️

P.S. If anyone is confused, yes, I did change my username to -horangikonic- ⭐️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your foot was fidgeting under the table. You had your arms crossed as you stared intensely at your phone, which was faced upwards on the wooden surface. You anxiously glanced back and forth from the phone to the clock on the wall and back. It was 10:07 am and you still didn't get a call from Chanwoo. Maybe he's sleeping in. You thought. Come on, Chanwoo, prove to me that you aren't a douche. You squinted at the phone, waiting for it to light up and start ringing. You looked up at the clock. 10:10, you could wait 10 more minutes. If he doesn't call you by then, you're going to get mad.

Nothing happened for the next 15 minutes.

You slammed your fist onto the table and groaned in frustration.
"Dammit, Chanwoo...." you said with your eyes closed. "You can't let me down like this." You stood up and went upstairs to Bobby's room. Knocking on the door, you called his name.
"Bobby, you awake?" you said. A few seconds later, the door opened and you saw your older brother squinting at you half awake with his hair pointing in every direction.
"....Wha....?" he said groggily.
"You didn't get a text from Chanwoo by any chance, did you?" you asked.
"Chanwoo....? No....I texted him first last night and he didn't answer." Bobby replied. You sighed deeply.
"Alright......thanks anyway." you said. Bobby replied with a low hum before turning around and falling back onto his bed.
"You should get up soon, it's like almost 11." you said. Your brother replied with a loud whine, putting the sheets over his head. You rolled your eyes before leaving.

Going down the stairs, you checked your phone again. When there still wasn't any notification from Chanwoo, you headed straight for the front door. Alright Chanwoo, I have a bone to pick with you. You thought as you went to grab the doorknob. As soon as you touched it, however, there was a sudden ring from the doorbell that made you flinch. A flurry of loud knocks followed after.
"Noona?" you heard Chanwoo's voice say. "Noona, are you in there? I really need your help!" When you processed the words that came out of his mouth, a grin spread across your face. I knew you weren't this low, Chanwoo. You thought as you unlocked and opened the door.
"Hell yes, Chanwoo! I knew you were a good kid, get in here!" you said as you grabbed his arm and pulled him inside. He stumbled clumsily before straightening himself out.

Once you closed the door, you looked at the boy and realised what kind of state he was in. He was panting heavily, you guess that he probably ran over here, he had dark circles around his eyes, his hair was a mess, and his eyes were a little puffy and red.
"You....don't look so good." you said. Chanwoo sighed and carded a hand through his hair.
"I know, I know....I-It's just, I needed help and I didn't know what to do so I just came here because it was the first thing that popped into my head a-and I wasn't really thinking, I was panicking and I-I-"
"Hey, hey.....calm down. You'll be fine, Chanwoo, sit down and we can talk together." you said putting a hand on his shoulder. Chanwoo took a deep breath before nodding and sitting down on the couch.

"Okay, now you have a lot of explaining to do, Mister." you said as you sat next to him. Chanwoo fumbled with his hand nervously.
"I-I don't know.....I messed up, Noona." he said. "I was piling in so much frustration these past few months and I just, I let it out and I don't know why, but I was so angry that it all came out the wrong way." Chanwoo's eyes suddenly began to well up with tears. He looked at you with a fearful expression.
"What if Ara hates me? I-I think I ruined everything, I was so mean to her. I regretted it as soon as she turned around and left, I saw her tears, Noona. I felt so terrible, I-I still feel terrible. I need your help, I want to fix this!" he said, his voice breaking.
"Okay, Chanwoo, I can help you. Well, I'll try, at least. All you have to do is tell me the truth, okay?" you said reassuringly. Chanwoo nodded.

"I know you got mad at her, but I know it's not because you intended to hurt her. Just tell me the real reason why all this frustration was trapped inside." you said. Chanwoo took a deep breath.
"O-Okay." he said. "So.....Ara is the most caring person I've ever met besides my mom. She always looks out for me and takes care of me, it's just that.......after a while, it really started to feel like she thought I was a little kid." Chanwoo said. You nodded and continued to listen.
"I-I know that's not what she thinks....well, I really hope it's not what she thinks. It's just that I feel like....I should be the one to do all those things. I know I'm younger than her, but I'm still her boyfriend....I want to be the person to give her my jacket when she's cold or buy her food when she's hungry. I want to buy her nice things and be the one who takes her places, but....she always gets to it first. I should be the one who's protecting her, but somehow I'm always the one who's getting the nice things." Chanwoo explained. He carded a hand through his hair again.

"It's just unfair to me." he said. "I feel like I'm mooching off of her. I'm never able to do things for her and I always receive things from her instead. And the way she's always looking out for me makes me feel like she thinks I'm not capable of doing the same.....she's so nice and caring, but I never get to do the same. I feel like I'm always under her responsibility, but I want to do things together. I want both of us to look out for each other, I want both of us to make each other happy, I want to do this whole thing together. But she's always insisting on doing things for me and refusing to let me do things for her. She deserves so much more, but I never get the chance to do it because she does it first. It makes me feel like she doesn't trust me to do it because I'm younger than her and it really frustrates me. I just built up too much and I yelled at her yesterday.......now I made everything worse and it makes me feel like I'm an ungrateful brat after all the things she did for my sake."

Chanwoo quickly wiped a tear that escaped his eye. You sighed in sympathy.
"Chanwoo.....I knew there was a misunderstanding in between all of this. Ara called me last night.....yes, she was crying, but she wasn't mad at you. She was upset, but I could tell it was mostly because of herself. She told me that she felt bad and she started panicking because she thought you hated it every time she did something for you. I know that's not true." you said. Chanwoo sniffed as he wiped away more tears.
"Noona, wh-what should I do? I want to tell her the truth, but I'm scared that I might say everything wrong again. I might hurt her again." Chanwoo confessed.
"I think all you have to do...." you started. "....is meet up somewhere, and tell her exactly what you just told me." Chanwoo looked up.

"Call her, tell her to meet you somewhere, apologize first, and then tell her the same things you told me. Tell her the truth. Clear the misunderstanding. She'll be happy about hearing the truth from you." you said.
"Really?" Chanwoo asked. You nodded.
"Relationships won't always be perfect. You already know that I've been through rough times with Jinhwan, but in the end, it was okay. I told him what I thought, and he told me what he thought. If you just tell each other what you feel and think about each other truthfully, you'll both make amends together and fix things to make everything better. If there's a problem, tell each other. The two of you are supposed to help each other, but if you don't tell each other what's wrong, you'll never know what to fix, right?" you asked. Chanwoo looked down at his lap and nodded.
"It's......almost Ara's birthday. Should I call her then?" he asked. You smiled.
"You know what? Maybe that'll be the perfect time to talk to her." you replied. Finally, Chanwoo let out a smile of relief.

"I'm nervous....but....I'll try my best to tell her that I'm sorry. I'll tell her the truth." he said. You scooted closer to him and wrapped him into a hug.
"That's our maknae." you said. "You'll do fine, just trust yourself and trust Ara. Make sure you get her a present, too. That'll definitely make her feel better." you said.
"Yeah, I'm planning to do something for her. Thank you so much, Noona. I don't know what I'd do without you." Chanwoo said.
"No, you don't know what you'd do without Ara. Go home, get some rest, freshen up tomorrow, and plan for your makeup day. And don't forget that you can call me whenever if you need more help, I'm always open to help." you said.
"Thanks, Noona." Chanwoo replied.