Page 6

Lana's P.O.V.

I got home and went to my room. Today was just so much fun. I flopped onto my red, silver, and black bed and decided that I was going to be lazy and not change into pajamas. The next morning I woke up and went straight to my computer to code more for more features for FRIDAY. As I heard a knock I looked to my bedroom door for a second and then back at the computer screen as I called out with no interest "come in". I looked up from my projected computer in front of me at the door and saw it wasn't opened. Weird. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Winona and Peter standing there. I blinked a few times to rethink the scene before my eyes and turned back to my computer. I put my hands on my eyes and elbows on the elbow desk in front of me and rubbed my eyes as I whispered to myself "okay..." I took my hands off of my eyes and left them on the desk hanging off as Winona asked "hello?". I turned around and said "I know you guys are real. I'm just trying to comprehend why you're standing in my bedroom at four in the morning". 

Winona laughed and Peter smiled a bit as he said "we, were wondering if you wanted to hang out with us. We were going to hang out in the city to talk and I suggested we bring you" Winona hit him on the chest lightly with the back of her knuckles and said "more like, I asked and you agreed happily" I smirked a little and asked "what, you couldn't wait to be shown up again?" Peter gave me a fake laugh and said "no, I just didn't want to be alone with Speedy Gonzales. Okay?" I shrugged and asked "you two know we have training tomorrow right?". They looked at the ground and I said excitedly "of course I want to hang out, I have no self morals. Let's go!" I ran to my balcony and jumped off.

 Oops. I kind of... forgot I wasn't wearing my suit heh. Oh well, I guess this is how I go. Not very impressive, they'll just say it was another depressed teen who took the leap. I was falling so slowly with all the thoughts of everything I did and never got to do. I lived an okay life. I'll be with you soon mom. Just you wait. It all felt so surreal and slow that I almost let it slip in my mind that I was falling until I heard Winona screech "Lana!" fear painted on her face. She couldn't freeze time since she would have to take a few seconds to build up the energy by running. I felt a hand and an arm wrap around me and I began gliding backwards seemingly into a building. When I landed back on the balcony I didn't know what to think until blue and black sneakers landed on the railing beside me. I stumbled a bit to the side to gain a good footing. I looked at Winona who looked terrified and like she was scarred for life. 

Then to Peter who was crouched like a cat on the railing with an expression of concern and anger written all over his face. Instantly snapping at me, "why did you jump without your suit?!" I looked him in the eyes and smiled as I said "I figured you would catch me" then I looked away toward Winona and she was looking at me and I could see it. The fear she had. It was in her eyes. In the form of tears glazing her eyes. As Peter asked "what if I hadn't been able to catch you?" I looked at him and said "well then, you wouldn't be a very good friend now would you?" his angry gaze was disrupted by the statement and he looked a bit shocked as he asked "a very good friend?" I nodded and Winona hugged me as she yelled quietly to not wake my dad up "don't ever do that again!" I don't understand why they're so upset. It wouldn't have made a difference in their lives anyway. They had just met me a day ago and we've only spent the entire day together yesterday. We don't know each other very well. Honestly, I don't think I wanted to jump. I just forgot that I wasn't wearing my suit and somewhere in my mind. I wanted to know, if I could trust them. I smiled and asked "so, who's helping me get where?" Winona shoved me to Peter and said "I'm gonna race you two" I laughed and said "oh come on, you against Spider-Boy? You'll smoke him" she chuckled and said "I know" I smirked and said "too bad he has a genius on his side" I put an elbow on his shoulder and Winona asked "and how is that supposed to help?" I smiled innocently and said "I know this city inside and out. I'm not the most innocent girl in the world. I did my fair share of sneaking out to be 'that' girl" she raised an eyebrow and I said "give us a few seconds to at least prepare to take off please" she shrugged and said "okay". 

I stood on the railing and told Peter the plan and then asked "okay?" he nodded and stepped up beside me and gripped my waist so that when we jumped he wouldn't lose me. Then I told Winona "gotta go!" Peter jumped off backwards as I yelled "seismic shield!" a seismic shield surrounded the balcony and Winona yelled "hey, that's not fair!" I yelled back as we swung up to gain momentum "I also happen to be a genius that invented a seismic shield! Super speed isn't fair in a race either!" then we dropped and swung through half of the city while I directed him to a stadium. When we were halfway there I pulled my watch up to my mouth and said "deactivate seismic shield" after that I figured we had about seven minutes before she would catch up so I told Peter "there!" he swung onto a light post and we stood on it as he asked "why? We still need to get there!" I told him smiling "we are there! We're just in the best seat!" I raised my arms into the air as if gesturing to the world as Winona ran into the stadium. 

She was looking around and I heard her yell excitedly "I still beat them!" then I yelled down "not quite!" she looked up and her eyes widened. She ran up the post and swung her body onto the light as we looked around. I heard Winona whisper "it's beautiful from up here" I told her "I know".