Page 55

As he left I sighed and smiled to myself. Then I headed for my kitchen and I grabbed out multiple ingredients to make some Kimchi and fried rice. Humming to myself I pulled out the pots and pans. I set them up quickly and began cooking. While cooking my doorbell was rung and I turned to look toward the hallway in which my door was.

I thought to myself happily, Peter must have left something here.

I looked up to the spot where one of FRIDAY's systems was installed. Cheerfully I called, "FRIDAY, open the front door please!"

Her voice responded right away, "yes, Ms. Stark."

I waited for a minute in silence however when someone in all black walked in I froze. I ducked as quickly as I could, tapping on my watch I whispered into it, "FRIDAY, lock down the house."

Silently FRIDAY did as asked, I heard the slamming of metal as steel door dropped around the house. Everywhere except my suit room as I double tapped my reactor on my chest. As it lit up I knew my suit was waking up. When the glowing dimmed I stood up and stared at the person in black, "well, as forward as you're being I think it's only fair to tell you I have my eyes on someone cuter than you. I think he's slightly taller than you too."

The man in front of me gave me a confused look as I continued, "I think it's time we stop seeing each other, my eyes are starting to actually hurt." My suit began to wrap around me, connecting together. The man's eyes widened as he stepped back in fear.

"You chose the wrong girl to try and Rob," a voice said. I looked around for the familiar face only to see him on the ceiling, "I hope you don't mind, I stuck around to see his reaction and to possibly take him out for you Incase you were sleeping."

I chuckled as I said, "I don't mind at all, Bug Boy."

The man stood frozen as he stared at us. All of a sudden he dropped to his knees and called out, "mama save me! I'm sorry, I didn't know!"

I stared at the pathetic man as I called out, "stop crying you're going to ruin my floors! You shouldn't have tried to rob anyone anyways!"

Peter laughed and said, "I'll take you to the station so that they'll book you but first, would you like to do the honors kitty?"

I glared at his nickname and barked out, "don't call me that! I'll do the honors though." I reeled my arm back and swung knocking him down and out effectively.

Peter grabbed his arm and I turned off lockdown mode as he actually left with the burglar. Turning off the stove I sent my suit back and tiredly walked to my room. As I saw my bed come into view I jumped into it and smiled contently. Getting ready to fall dead asleep I almost didn't notice my phone ringing.

I sat up and grabbed my phone, sliding the answer button. "Hello?"

"We need you to come in and work, there's some paperwork we need to be done by tonight and none of these idiots seems to know how to do it." The female at the other end of the line sighed out.

Letting out a long and pained sigh I responded, "of course, I'll be there in fifteen."

She thanked me and hung up. I went to my closet and pulled out my jean pencil skirt and white dress shirt and spaghetti strap tank. I then put them on and brushed out my hair, teeth, and put on mascara and eyeliner. After that, I slipped on my black glossy heels and put my brown saddle bag around my shoulder. My phone placed inside as well as my favorite fountain pen I grabbed my car keys and headed out.

After about four hours of working on the paper and other papers, the idiots in the office couldn't figure out my work schedule started. I went back to my seat and called out, "I am now only taking my own work since I'm now on my hours!"