Page 31

The sleep I got that night... Let's just say it was... nearly non-existent. Every few seconds I spent trying to sleep, I also spent trying to find a quiet place in my mind.

I heard my phone ring from my bedside table as I laid on my bed in the fetal position while I held a pillow and tried to sleep. I opened my eyes just to look at who was calling.

It was Natasha. She must have forgotten something... it's three in the morning currently. So why couldn't this wait until later?

I reached out for my phone and grabbed it. I hit answer and slowly brought the phone to my ear. As soon as it got to my ear I spoke and asked softly "hello?".

Natasha replied gently as if she was speaking to a newborn and said: "Мой железный котенок what are you doing up still?".

I closed my eyes tightly to suppress a headache as I answered "I couldn't sleep, my burns and cuts hurt a little too much. They're a bit uncomfortable with the bandages and all". I chuckled lightly before feeling a bit of pain in the middle of my back and stopping. It only hurt a little. It'd be gone tomorrow.

Natasha sighed lightly and added "I guess you wouldn't want to come to help me teach Russian to your friend then. Man, and he was really determined to learn it to talk with you in it and share your interest, but-".

I cut Nat off and queried "which friend?".

She responded "Peter".

I told her "give me half an hour. I'll be there."

I hung up and stumbled out of bed to my closet.

I put on a red sweater shoulder crop top and my usual black skinny jeans. I then went into my bedroom bathroom and brushed my hair. I put my red converse on and headed out with my purse on my shoulder and my phone in hand.

I got into my car and it hit me. I didn't even know where they were. Imbecile! I dialed her number as I turned the car ignition as soon as I inserted the key. I heard the car start up after turning the key and I hit call.

Natasha answered with the first ring and I said "I hung up too early. Where are you guys?".

Natasha explained the way to get there and told me where it was. I hung up and entered the coordinates in my cars GPS and drove it there as soon as my garage door opened up.

I made it and turned off the car. I walked up the steps and knocked on the front door.

Unlike my father, I knock and I don't just show up in someone's room sitting on their chair.

Natasha answered the door and brought me to the living room.

I looked around on the way in and said "this is a nice place honestly. It's so quaint. I love it."

I asked Nat "this your place Nat?".

She chuckled and I listened to her as she said: "It's Peter's house."

When we got into the living room I saw Peter studying flashcards on the couch. He looked really focused...

I walked in first and watched as Peter's attention instantly shifted from the cards to me with a happy look. He looked really tired too though.

I turned to Nat and said, "he seems really tired maybe we should continue the lesson tomorrow."

Peter joined into the conversation and chirped "uh, no it's fine. You came all the way here to help tutor me too and I don't want it to be a waste."

I gave him a sad smile and asked: "are you sure?".

He nodded and said, "I'm as positive as a proton".

I chuckled and said "dork."

Nat and I began teaching Peter basic Russian like the Russian Alfavit or the Russian Alphabet. I also helped with teaching him advanced Russian like phrases or sentences.

At one point I had Peter formulate his own sentence and he said: "you remind me of Sidereus".

A small blush dusted my cheeks at the sentence. It quickly cleared as I remembered that it was a test sentence for Russian. So why did he use a Latin word at the end? Oh well.

It was about nine in the morning and I had work today. I told them both and hugged them before waving and heading to work at Stark Industries.