Page 24

I turned around in the wooden chair to analyze her. Her breathing was short and quick. Every so often though her breathing would be long and slow. This suggested she was doing something worth the loss of oxygen. I stayed there staring her down until I saw it. The piece that brought it all together. She had sweat on her forehead. She had been running. I smirked and turned right back around to face the window behind the laptop and asked smugly "how was your run?".

She took in a deep long breath slowly and then let it out just the same before saying "it was fine..." after she said that she trailed off and asked me "how did you know I went for a run?".

I chuckled and said "the signs you were presenting" I turned around again and stated calmly as I went to my suitcase "I'll be getting into my pajamas in the bathroom. You get ready for bed out here so we're done dressing at the same time." I grabbed my red tank top and my black shorts and went to the bathroom to change.

I exited the bathroom while putting my hair back down. When I didn't see Winona I looked around and asked: "Win?". There was no reply.

I turned in a full circle and called "this isn't funny Win" she still didn't answer so I decided to call her.

I grabbed my phone and entered her number. As soon as her contact popped up I hit call. I let it ring all the way through and left her a voicemail "Winona if you don't answer me and stop trying to prank me, you can walk back to America". I hung up and tried again. I still had no answer so I called Wanda.

Wanda didn't answer her phone either and I called her three times. As I was about to call Pietro someone knocked on my door. I walked to my door and looked out of the peephole to see...

"Pietro?" I unlocked the door and opened it. Pietro rushed in and ran around searching for something. I shut the door and said, "Pietro calm down." Pietro stopped running and instead just walked around in a hurried pace. I sighed and inquired "what are you looking for Pietro?".

Pietro turned to look at me and stated "my sister and girlfriend."

I rolled my eyes sarcastically at Pietro. He was probably in on the prank too.

Pietro grabbed me by the shirt and lifted me up as he asked: "what did you do to them Hydra scum?".

Hydra scum? My eyes widened and then I snarled as I growled: "okay, I don't know why you're helping her prank me but even if it is a prank you should never call me Hydra scum!". I hit his arm for him to let me go when someone else threw open the door. They pushed Pietro making Pietro let me go and I stood up dusting myself off as I straightened up. The person who had just barged in was none other than Natasha. Cap was walking in behind her as well. I looked around at the people who had just barged into my room in astonishment. Astonishment that they were so incredibly ignorant! At least Nat got Pietro to let go.

As I had that thought Cap yelled "enough! We can't turn on each other if we have to work together!".

I turned and asked, "what are you talking about Captain dinner plate?".

Cap gave me a look and sighed as he said "I'm going to let that one slide since you're Tony's daughter. Anyways, some of the team has gone missing. This includes Winona, Wanda, Bucky, Tony, Clint, Sam, Thor, Loki, and Peter-".

"Wait, hold on, Peter's missing?" I asked confused but slightly concerned. Bugboy could cut himself with a feather on accident. There is no chance of him surviving being missing.

Nat nodded and said, "we need to know who isn't missing".

As Nat finished her sentence Dr. Banner walked in with T'Challa and Shuri.

Instantly Shuri stated, "we have a lot to discuss."

She sat on Winona's bed and I sat in the wooden chair as everyone else sat on my bed except for Panther. T'Challa was standing beside Shuri.

Shuri began explaining that she believes something may have happened where one of the guardians of the different elements that make up life may have messed up and eradicated our friends.

As soon as Pietro heard the word eradicate he exploded into denial. I didn't want to believe it either. I still don't.

I put my hands on my face as I asked "why aren't we gone too then?" grief starting to climb up my voice.

T'Challa said just as concerned "we believe the guardian who had eradicated them had caught his mistake too late."

I rubbed my face and then took my hands off of my face as I asked "what guardian?".

Shuri put a hand on mine as she stated "the guardian of time. He is currently located in New York City. If we want them to be back we must go back to America and find him."

This better work.