Page 58

The suit clanked slightly as I used the thrusters to lift me off of the ground. Then I looked at Winona, “they just can’t keep their hands off of a gun for one day.”

She chuckled as we headed down the stairwell into the fight. 

“Alright what do we have here-?” I began to speak only to be shot at and knocked back into the stairwell.

“Lana?” Winona called worried.

Lifting an arm I signaled to her to not worry and go ahead. Groaning as her footsteps faded I lifted the arm of my suit, “I always thought you were too bulky and showy.” With that, I pressed my reactor and got out of the suit. Then I grabbed my gun and holster and then had my suit open the leg compartment. “Big sword or little dagger?” I tossed my head about, “go big or go to hell.” 

As I walked into the room three Hydra originally headed for Winona, Natasha, and Cap all turned to look. 

"Which one of you numbnuts shot me?" My eyes scanned the agents as they began to walk up to me. "So it was one of you then?" 

As one walked closer than the other two I started moving forward as well and chucked my small dagger at him. The blade cutting the cartilage of his ear at the top and slicing a piece of the mask. He paused and so did the other two in order to look at one another.

Laughing sarcastically I called, "what? Didn't bring your gun to a knife fight?" Smirking I rushed the one on his right hitting her with an uppercut. And pivoting to elbow his jaw before spin kicking the one on his left across the face. 

While my back was turned I got punched on the right side of my face, my cheek began throbbing as I looked up at the one that punched me. She stood victoriously as she attempted to go in for a kick, only for me to catch her foot in my hands and twist it. As she fell I pulled out my handgun and hit her on her temple with the butt of it. 

She was knocked out cold and with the time I had I did the same to the other two. As I stood up for the final time I noticed the rest had just about finished fighting their agents as well. This caused me to groan, “awe, I wanted just one more so I could show Nat my new sword moves!” I pulled my sword out from the holster on my back and my dad stepped forward as most of the others backed up.

“Lana, I thought we talked about this. Dagger only, the sword isn’t necessary.”

“Dad, I thought we talked about this, party mode isn’t necessary for your suit.” 

We stared at one another for a good five minutes in silence before he nodded, “sword it is then!”

I fake laughed as he smiled at me, the same fake smile as always. 

“Where did you get that sword?” Peter asked from behind me.

Turning to look at him I smiled and cheered, “Wakanda-!”

“No, no, no- I mean you came down in your suit…”

“Oh-!” I chuckled, “in my suits compartment!” I grabbed his arm and called as I dragged him toward the elevator, “I’ll show you, come on!”

Winona laughed, “I’m coming with too!”

As we arrived at Banner’s lab I showed them the compartment on the leg of my suit.

Each gave me incredulous looks.

Glancing at them I laughed, "you didn't think I only had a suit like Stark did you?" 

When they didn't respond I asked, "you thought I could only use the suit?" Pouting, I stared at them, as they bobbed their heads unsure of how to answer, I then crossed my arms. "I can't believe this…"