Page 27

I went to stand up from the bed as Nat stood up straight and when I stood up I was really dizzy.

I began stumbling until Nat caught me and said to Cap "we have to get to him now."

Cap nodded and called to everyone else through the open door "let's go! Now!".

Everyone that is still in our reality came piling into the room with sad expressions. When they looked over at me they had looks of bewilderment.

I called "we might want to fix this soon or I may hang out with them again for a bit longer!".

We made our way towards the giant building. 177A Bleecker street? Sounds just great.

We knocked on the door of the building and waited.

After a few seconds, the door opened and a tall guy with an eye necklace and red cape opened the door. I glared and said, "we need to talk".

Winona's P.O.V.

After Lana disappeared everyone fell back into despair.

Stark looked as if he were going insane from the amount of grief he had.

Vision looked down and said "well, I believe she is still alive. She may just be in the other dimension."

Peter looked up from his hands as he yelled "we just watched her fade into nothing! What do you mean she could still be alive? That was traumatizing Vision! Pardon me but, I think we've all had enough of the lies!".

My heart hurt at how angry Peter was. I was already hurting after watching my best friend fade into nothing and not having my boyfriend at my side. I can still see the day he asked me to be his girlfriend. It's at the front of my mind.

We were walking on the warm sandy beach in Miami. We had been on a mission previously that involved going to Miami and the rest couldn't make it there in time. So they chose us. The water was hitting my feet and cooling the sand while pushing shells onto the beach. We were walking when Pietro picked up the pace and grabbed something. Was it an oyster? Why was it on the beach? Wouldn't it be farther down in the ocean?

He jogged back to me holding it. When I was about to ask he cut me off before I could say a syllable. He opened the oyster to show a necklace with a single silver pearl and he asked me "Winona, I know we haven't talked about this in a while but, I was just hoping... well, would you be my girlfriend? Please?".

I smiled and nodded as he handed me the necklace and tossed the oyster. He grabbed the necklace again and put it on my neck.

That was one of the happiest days of my life.

I thought that when things started blurring. I looked around. Everything but the people were blurring around me. Everyone else was looking around at the room as well until it went back to solid. We stood and I heard my phone ring.

I answered and heard "Win?". Tears came to my eyes as I smiled gratefully from hearing Pietro's voice again. I called Wanda over and answered quickly telling him how much I missed him and Wanda as well. He began explaining things to us.

I put him on speaker so everyone could hear what happened. Peter's eyes widened when what happened was exactly what Vision had said might have happened. Instantly when Pietro was done explaining Peter apologized to Vision.

He was so happy he hugged Mr. Stark and Mr. Stark was so happy he didn't care that he was getting hugged.

It was such a sight when they showed up the next day at the door to our hotel room, smiling.