Page 7

I sat on the edge of the light looking around and swung my legs as I heard Peter ask "are we going to get in trouble for being up here?" I rolled my eyes and said "no Jiminy Cricket, I've come up here before. The police won't try to get me down again. I run too fast." Winona laughed and asked, "the police came to get you?" I nodded and smiled up at her as I said: "they don't like me very much". I looked back down and said "well, let's go walk around behind the scenes" I swung under the post and gripped the main pole and slid down. I got to the ground and stepped away from the pole. I ran to a chain link fence and watched as Spider-Boy and Winona came down to me. Winona asked, "are you sure about this?" I shrugged and said "I told you, I'm not the most innocent girl. I am 'that' girl." I jumped and caught the top of the fence and pulled myself up to sit on the top. Winona looked indecisive and then her phone started ringing. She grabbed it and answered it. I heard a masculine voice say something as I stood up and balanced on the fence. She ended the call and said "sorry, gotta go. Pietro needs me. Maybe next time!" she then ran off. I looked at Spider Boy and said "come on" he had the same look on his face as Winona did. I rolled my eyes and asked "so Spider-Boy is a wimp? Dude, I was actually starting to think you were cu-cool" what was I about to say? Spider-Boy tossed his head about and pointed to me when he stopped as he said "fine, but when the police show up I'm leaving" I shrugged and said "great!" I hopped to the other side of the fence as Spider-Boy climbed up. When he landed beside me I told him "first things first. I set up a pulley over here! Come help me fly!" I ran to the rope and grabbed on as Spider-Boy grabbed the other end. I told him "pull as hard as you can!" he yanked down and my side of the rope pulled me into the air. I felt the wind rush through my hair as I looked at the city from high up. I spun around on the rope and told Spider-boy "tie the rope there please!" I pointed to a metal pole and he did as asked. I told him "shoot a web and join me!" he saluted me and shot a web beside the rope and pulled himself up.

Winona's P.O.V.

Pietro called just in time. He needed me to help him out with something. Did I question him? No. No, I didn't. I ran to the place he told me to. When I got there I slid to a halt and saw him standing there with a wide bright smile. I looked past him and saw the carnival! He said to me "well, I bought two tickets to the carnival by accident and thought... this would be a great opportunity to get to know my apprentice better!" I nodded and he handed me my ticket. We bounded around the Carnival and rode different rides. We got cotton candy about twelve minutes into visiting. I was hungry. I ran through half of the city to get here. The good thing is I got a plushie of a Dalek! He won it for me by getting every basket in the basket toss. He kept doing cheering crowd noises every time he made one which made me laugh. At one point he literally asked me "are you having fun?" I nodded happily as I said "definitely! Thanks to you!" he had looked a bit happier after that. When he finally spoke again he asked "your friend...Tony's daughter... she doesn't seem to like me" I shrugged and said "she's like that. I think she's just antisocial though! She'll rub off on you soon though, trust me!" we continued walking and finally he asked, "what's your favorite show?" I told him instantly "AHS! It's so good!" his eyes lit up and he yelled back "I know, that's my favorite show too!". We continued yapping on about AHS for a while until it was getting really light out and we said our goodbyes.

Lana's P.O.V.

"Come on Spider Boy!" I called "hold on!" I rolled my eyes as I said to a slow walking Spider "you walk like a sloth climbing a tree!" he just shrugged and I sat on the edge of the Billboard. He sat down beside me and we stared at the cars. I asked "you don't like me, do you?" he didn't move for a second and then he said "Nah you're cool, I'm just not cool enough" I looked up at him and said "I'm not a good person. You don't want to hang out with me. Winona wouldn't want to either." Peter just shrugged and smiled as he said "I just so happen to think that you are an amazing person, and Winona thinks so too! We love having you around!". I only felt it sting a little bit more that he was such a nice guy. I shook my head and said while looking at the slowly disappearing stars "you two are such nice people. I'll just taint you." As the sun came up I looked at Peter's confused expression and laughed as I said "well, I better get home! See ya later Peter" I hit a button on my watch and my suit flew to me. It took a few minutes but it made it. I got in and waved goodbye before flying off home. Training sucked. By that I mean I was the only one there with the Avengers. Nat said that I was less stiff today. Sounds great.