Yell it from the rooftops

Old picture of Kill and Icolas from about 9 years ago back when they were close.
*****

Icolas P. O. V.

I winced, gritting my teeth and swearing under my breath as she continued stitching the wound on my stomach.

She had me laying on the table with her sitting in a chair pulled beside me.

"Sorry, sorry, just a little bit longer." She whispered.

It shocked me. It shocked me to the core how someone like my brother could get a woman like her. Or how someone like my dad could get a woman is great as my mother. Seems like everyone can have someone to love except someone like me.

But she's the opposite of him. A total and complete powerful woman who you can tell has been through alot.

"So I'm wondering, how did he do it?" I asked leaning up a little on my elbows.

She raised an eyebrow. "Who?"

I smiled. "My brother, how did that piece of shit- oops I mean my brother manage to tie down a woman like you." I said nodding my head towards her wedding ring on her finger.

She smiled. "It took rough times but hey it all ended well."

"Did it? Did it really end well?" I asked softly.

I knew my temper would scare her if I caught in attitude so I tried to calm my voice. But with her being with my brother I'd assume it would've seemed like normal talking to her.

Her gaze turned mean. "What do you mean by that?"

I shrugged and then bit down on my bottom lip as she tightened the thread. "I mean it's just that it's about 11:00 and he's still not back yet. And you seem unfazed. Like this is normal."

She shrugged this time. "Sometimes work lasts a little longer."

I almost scoffed at how stupid she sounded. It was herself she was trying to convince. Not me.

She looked up and her eyes met mine and for a second both of our breaths caught in our throat and we stopped breathing.

"Your a one of a kind. Not like the rest  of these useless bitches. You know that?" I whispered.

It's true, she can't be. Either she's just dumb or she's the kind to look for love to keep a lasting relationship with my brother. Let alone be engaged to him, she has to know that he's abusive.

Right?

I see no marks but I know that he has before.

He's a fucking waste of air.

"So where are the girls?" I asked talking about her daughters.

Yes that's right. HER DAUGHTERS.

She looked down studying the way she stitched me up. "Their at a sleepover with Whiteboy, his wife, and their son Chilo."

I nodded. It was silent for a moment until she spoke again. "So, when did you get your braces?"

I felt anger fill me. "Why do you care?"

She looked confused about why I had a attitude but didn't reply back and continued to stitch me.

I sighed. "Fucking damn metal shits. You know I've had these since I was 17? Sometimes I'll point a gun at someone and they'll think that I won't pull the trigger because I look like a damn child."

"Have you ever tried not pointing a gun at someone?" She asked nervously.

I laughed. "No. But then again not everyone can be Mr. Changed for the better." I said irritation flowing through my words.