MEETING AND REGRET

Hey guys I know your going to hate me but this is the last chapter for this book, after this I will be putting out a sequel book and I'll add the description and cover in the next chapter so you can find it and read it. Hope you guys read it, pleaseee and sorry😭😭😭💔
******

Icolas P. O. V.

"So she's really dead?" He asked speaking through the phone.

I nodded looking across at him on the other side of the glass. "That's what they say......that's what I saw."

Pain flashed in his eyes but just like it came it left. "Wow," he said almost speechless.

Almost.

"If she didn't die I think you too would've been happy, you were good for her. The both of you were good for eachother." He whispered the last part as if it hurt to admit it.

I shrugged sitting back against the seat. "She deserved it, after all the people she killed. After all the things she did, Satan had it out for her."

He shook his head. "You don't mean that."

"Yes I do."

"No you don't."

"Yes I do."

"No you don't."

"Yes I-"

"What was his name?" He cut me off stopping our back and forth fight.

I raised an eyebrow. "What?" I spat.

"What was his name? The baby she had cooking in that oven of hers."

I sat there staring at my lap. "I had wanted his name to be Da'latavi I know weird right? She thought so, that's why she picked Na'tavion. I thought that name was too common, too familiar but she liked it. And I knew it'd make her happy so I agreed."

"You always would do anything to make her happy." He said truthfully.

I nodded. "A real man would never want to see his queen lack happiness."

He nodded. "But a real man also wouldn't want to put himself in a position to lack it either."

That was one thing about Kill, he spoke how I spoke, but he never moved how I'd move and that's why he's here today.

"Ya know it's my fault she's dead? I found out the truth, about how shot Laric and who killed Ebony." I explained wincing at the memory.

"When did they let you out?" He asked ignoring the topic.

I shook my head. "Don't change the subject, if you didn't do the job alone why didn't you tell?"

He leaned forward speaking more clearly into the phone. "Like they would've believed me, they frame black men for crimes they didn't commit everyday. And I openly admitted to doing a crime, they'd never believe a word I say after that." He confessed.

"Did you really believe that if yall finished Ebony off that she'd be with you?"

"Did you believe that if you lied to yourself that she'd be alive?" He spat back.

"Did you believe that she'd actually ever loved you?"

"Do you truly believe your son's dead?" He said making the both of us silent down.

I pointed my finger at him shaking my head. "Clarence don't, alright? Don't do it because I've already been hyped up on meds from the hospital and they say if I loose it again I'll go back and I won't hesitate but to act a damn fool in here."