Love doesn't sound the same anymore

Trinden P. O. V.

I walked around the grocery store putting items in the basket.

Maybe I should make chicken Alfredo tonight.

"Mommy, can we have this?" Davin asked holding up fruitsnacks as Danny held up honey buns.

"No we wanted honey buns, remember sissy?" Danny asked looking down at the honey buns in disgust.

I don't think WE wanted a damn thing.

Davin shook her head and they brother pointed the snacks out towards me smiling.

I mean mugged them. "See this why I don't bring yall asses places."

They looked down sadly.

"But I want some mommy." Danny begged as Davin nodded.

I huffed in frustration. "Just put them in the cart and be quiet." I demanded as the set them in the cart stepping on their tippy toes. Kill says that I spoil them alot but hey those are my babies.

After ringing up the things I bought I left out the store and walked towards my car.

"Trinden?" A voice asked softly behind me, I turned to see Tyler standing there.

My eyes widened. "W-what are you doing here?" I stuttered.

The girls looked between me and him in confusion. They'd never met Tyler, and since I found out he's not Kill's brother I don't find a reason why they should.

"Girls," I paused not taking my eyes off him. "Get in the car, please."

"Can we have our snacks th-" I cut them off.

"Get in the car." I whispered they groaned throwing their heads back and getting in the back seat.

Luckily Danny is off her crunches then I would've had to lead her in, but Davin's arm is still broken sadly.

Tyler scratched behind his neck nervously. "I um....I came to visit you, I missed you alot."

"Tyler I-" He cut me off.

"Look Trinden I know that your engaged or whatever and that you guys have well...a family. But I want to be with you. I want you to be mine." He said looking down at the ring on my finger.

I sighed. "Tyler."

"You can't tell me you didn't feel what I felt when we..." He stopped when he seen the girls rolling the window down to be nosey.

I shook my head. "It's just," I paused. "Tyler what we had was, it wasn't real. I'm in love with Kill."

He touched my hand gently. "Don't you remember? All the passion? The way I kissed you? The way you said you loved me?" He asked softly.

I winced at the end. "I didn't say that, maybe you thought what we had was love but it wasn't. It was just you trying to get back at Kill and me trying to get back at him for putting me through hell. What we had was toxic."

He scoffed. "I'm toxic? He's toxic!!"

He screamed causing a scene from children and parents who stared at us giving me pity looks.

"Tyler calm down." I said in embarrassment.

"No fuck that!! Fuck you!! You know you felt that!!" He screamed louder.

"If you don't lower yo damn voice I'll give you something to feel."A deep husky calm voice said behind me.

Tyler's eyes narrowed when he looked over me. I turned around to see Icolas standing there.