Historical!

I typed this on my phone because apparently I have a death wish. Anyway, my computer is still broken because the screen we got in the mail was broken into peices.(thanks amazon) so I'm gonna havta wait a minute to make new chapters  I'm working on a couple as you read this chapter, soooo yeah. 1216 words too. I need a hobby.

Samuel stared at the king. The regal red outfit he wore accentuated every curve of him, making him look amazing. Samuel had the thought that he had the body type to look great in anything he chose to wear but he pushed it away viciously. The king may be gay but he isn't interested in a servant Samuel! He chastised to himself. George turned to him and Sam blushed. He looked away and continued putting sheets on the large king sized bed.

"Ah, Seabury. I've been meaning to talk to you." Samuel stood up, ignoring the punch of pain in his back as he did so. He stood there politely and waited for the king to say something. He moved to the bed and patted the space beside him. Samuel sat next to him and folded his hands in his lap. His stomach turned. If he was getting fired the rebels would take him hostage, ask for information that he wouldn't give. He started to shake slightly before stopping himself. You're not getting fired. Calm down

"I've noticed, that lately I've been feeling out of sorts." Sam perked up. He was sick! Of course, Sam always took care of him when he was sick. He probably wanted to warn him ahead of time.

"It feels like my heart is trying to get out of my chest, my head feels light, like air, and my feet aren't enough to keep me on the ground anymore. I would go to a doctor about it. The strange thing about it is, that I only feel this way around you specifically." Samuel blinked out of surprise. Was he dreaming?

"Which leads me to believe, that Samuel Seabury, I love you." Samuel remained silent. The king! In love with him! This must be a joke. He waited for him to burst out laughing and smack his arm playfully. He remained silent his usually icy blue eyes were warm and hopeful. George's face fell.

"God this was stupid! I'm sorry if this is uncomfortable I-I thought that-" Sam for the first time interrupted the king.

"No no! I'm just surprised. I didn't think you'd be interested in a mere servant like me." It was George's turn to be silent. The room was filled with stifling silence. Samuel was the one to break it.

"What I'm saying is, I love you too." George's face lit up. He stood up quickly and took Samuel's hands in his own.

"You have no idea how happy that makes me." Samuel blushed again and smiled. George pulled him up and Samuel winced, unknowingly letting out a little sound of pain. George let go of his hands.

"Did I hurt you? Oh Samuel I'm sorry! I-"

"You didn't hurt me, my back just hurts. I have to shelve the heavy books in the library. A lot of bending over." Sam said, saying the last sentence breathily. He worried the king would be uneasy around him if he believed he had hurt him. George sighed in relief and took Samuel's hands again.

"I was wondering, s since the winters ball is coming up, why don't we go together? That's a good start right?" Samuel nodded.

"I should go finish my work, your majesty"

"George, and as of now you are no longer a servant. You are a resident of buckingham palace." Sam blinked. He had a date with a king, and was a resident of the palace. God he hoped he didn't screw it up.

~~~

It had been two weeks since the conversation in the bedroom. They had spent several evenings in the garden, on dates. George had ordered Samuel an entire new wardrobe because according to him "Not that you aren't already beautiful, but I think you need some better fitting clothes." Samuel had laughed at that. George was always making him laugh. There was a council dinner in which they sat opposite sides of the table to each other. George had made silly faces and silently mocked every councilman who spoke. Samuel nearly spat out his wine on several occasions. Now, it was the evening of the winters ball. Samuel adjusted his cravat, trying to get the garment to lay the way it was supposed to. It wasn't cooperating. He heard a soft knock on the door. It was followed by a sing song tone of "Sammy!" Samuel giggled a bit.

"Come in!" He called back. He slipped on his coat and turned around, seeing George enter and close the door behind him. He smiled warmly as George trotted over and kissed his cheek gently.

"Well don't you look pretty!" He said, stepping back to admire the smaller man. He was wearing a midnight blue suit George had picked out for him when they looked at patterns. George was in his normal red suit seeing as it was his best color. Samuel blushed deeper.

" ready?" George nodded.

"The guests will start arriving in about twenty minutes. I think we'd better head down." Samuel nodded. George extended his arm and Samuel took it, leaning into his boyfriend. They didn't call themselves boyfriends. The only people who knew about them were the servants. They didn't mind but this was a controversial relationship. Not because of the genders of the two, oh no, in fact they encouraged relationships no matter what they involved. It was because Samuel wasn't royalty. It was always king marries duchess or princess or something. Not King marries a servant of which nobody knew existed. Not that the two of them cared. They made their way down the hallway, walking in pleasant, comfortable silence. They didn't need to say anything to communicate. George did say something though.

"These have been the best two weeks of my life,Sammy. The ones spent with you." Samuel smiled.

"I love you." George didn't respond.

~~~

Sam sipped some more of his wine. George had to go talk about some political thing and had left Samuel alone near the back of the ballroom. He tucked one hand into the pocket of his coat and leaned against the wall. He didn't particularly love this wine but it was the choice of the evening and he didn't want George to trouble anybody by making them go and get his favorite wine from the cellar. A tall man with an olive skin tone and near black hair was eyeing him as well as a few women beside him. George came over to him and wrapped an arm around his waist.

"Seems you are the apple of a more than a few peoples minds tonight" He said jokingly.

"Seems they're all staring. I don't think they know who I belong to." He teased. George chuckled.

"Hm. I guess we'll have to show them you're mine." Samuel raised an eyebrow when George didn't elaborate. He leaned down and kissed Samuel sweetly. The group that was staring looked disappointed and a woman with a lean stature and broad shoulders looked at them smugly. Samuel laughed.