Gay or European?

"He's got to be gay!" Alexander exclaimed quietly, pointing to George King. The man sat at his desk, clicking away at his keyboard with his earbuds in, not able to hear the interns discussion about his sexuality. Washington sat in the office directly next to his partners, door closed but blinds open, paying rapt attention to his work. Alexander, John, Hercules, Lafayette, Thomas, James and Angelica sat at their group of desks, spying on King through the window.

"He could just be flamboyant Alexander-nail polish doesn't make you gay." Lauren's warned. Alexander looked at him, raising an eyebrow and pointing to his boyfriends bright pink nails "okay-I'm a bad example, but still!" Alexander went back to observing the blonde man.

Washington and king had started this law firm and accepted interns and residents from several colleges every year, although this year they had a batch of law students from Princeton college. Quite a few of them didn't like George king, except for thomas and James, who seemed to get along well with the British man. The two southerners glanced at each other and grinned, knowing the answer. They'd been invited over for New Years and they got to meet the notorious partner of the lawyer.

Washington opened the door and stepped out, tapping kings door frame so he would hear. The blonde man took out his earbuds and came out of the office as well. The interns turned, paying their undivided attention to the two lawyers. Washington cleared his throat.

"Alright interns, since you guys still have skills you can learn to become better lawyers, were going to have a mock trial to explain how to detect perjury among trial. Everybody to the conference room, Well meet you there" the interns scurried into the conference room and took their respective seats. Washington and king stepped into the room, a short auburn-haired man with round glasses, green eyes and an oversized black sweater entered and went to the back of the room.

The interns shared a curious glance but turned their attention back towards the front, where King had taken a seat and Washington was at the front.

"I'm going to perform part of a mock trial. Try and detect the purjered statement from the witness, mister king. In the back, as I'm sure you've seen, Is Samuel k-" Washington coughed, looking apologetically at the man. " Seabury. He's a part of the presentation. Treat him with as much respect" the interns nodded.

"Mister king, what were your duties as pool boy?" George gave Washington an odd look.

"Cleaning the pool." He said questioningly. Washington huffed a laugh and rolled his eyes. The interns laughed as well. Samuel giggled as George shot him a grin. The interns looked back at Samuel, noticing he was wearing a wedding band with a few metallic flowers on it. George wore a plain silver band with an engraving of a rose on it. Samuel noticed the interns staring and slipped it off, putting it in his pocket.

"Was your relationship with my client, Miss Whindam, anything other than platonic, mister King?" George sighed and crossed his arms, a smug grin coming across his face.

"We were lovers." He said smugly. The interns gasped collectively. Washington turned to them and grinned.

"Now, in our little skit, this man has perjured himself. I will give you ten minutes to figure out his false statement and why you believe that he has. The ten minutes begins now" the interns turned to each other in a panic. Alexander glanced at George and blinked.

"He's gay! He couldn't have had an affair- not with a woman!" Alexander said quickly. Thomas leaned back in his chair and rolled his eyes.

"Hamilton, while that's a convincing statement- we have to have proof! If we're wrong we look desperate and homophobic!" Thomas argued. James nodded in agreement. Alexander sighed and pointed.

"There, right there!" The rest paid rapt attention. "Look at that tan well-tended skin, look at the killer shape he's in! Look at that slightly stubbly shin oh please he's gay, totally gay!" Alexander exclaimed. Thomas leaned forward and sighed. James cut in before Thomas could insult Alexander and start a fight.

"I'm not about to celebrate- every trait could indicate a totally straight expatriate, look what we're seeing!" He exclaimed. Alexander blinked.

"What're we seeing?"

"Is he gay, or European?" The group let out a collective 'ooooooooh.' They started too debate, filling ten room with explanations and cries. After about five minutes, John stood up and held his hands up.

"Guys I have an Idea! I think I can crack this guy!" Alexander sighed and gestured, the rest of the group nodding.

"This better be good John." John nodded, eyes dancing and went up to the front of the room.

"So- Mr.King. This alleged affair with Ms. windham has been going on for..."

"Two Years"

"And your first name is?" George rolled his eyes.

"George." John turned back to him, smiling wickedly.

"And your boyfriends name is?"

"Samuel" everybody, including Washington gasped. Samuel grinned, his eyes glinting.

"I'm so sorry! I thought you said best friend- you said boyfriend! Samuel is my best friend," he explained quickly, standing up. The group sighed deeply. They had lost!

"You bastard!" Everybody's attention turned to samUel, who was sliding the ring back on his finger, furious. "You lying bastard! That's it- I won't cover for you anymore!" He exclaimed.

He strode to the front of the room and grabbed George by the collar. Clearly, the taller man wasn't expecting it, and the man in the sweater was obviously strong.

"People! Have a big announcement! This man is gay and European, and neither is disgrace" he turned to George, pulling hummus to eye level. "You have to stop your being a completely closet case!" The interns cheered. Samuel grinned.

"It's me not her he's seeing- no matter what he says! I swear he never ever ever ever, swing the other way!" George rolled his eyes and straightened up.

"I'm straight!" Samuel pressed his body against George's, making the taller blush a deep red.

"You weren't yesterday!" The interns laughed. Samuel smiled.

"So if I may, I'm proud to say! He's gay!" The interns cheered. George rolled his eyes.

"Fine okay I'm gay!" Samuel pulled the taller down by his tie, connecting their lips. Washington was in hysterics laughing while the interns were high-fiving, not only over their victory of the riddle but over finally discovering their bosses sexuality.

"European and gay, who would've thought?" John said. Thomas and James grinned.

"Well, we would. They had us over for dinner" the rest of the group looked at them quizzically.

"YOU KNEW THIS ENTIRE TIME?!"