Thunder

It's storming, so inspiration instantly hit me like a truck. Here you go! Y'all are wonderful and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

George was terrified of thunder. He hated the sound, he hated the similarity it had to gunshots. He acted tough in public, but he was vulnerable sometimes. Samuel knew it but never made fun of him for it. He didn't particularly love it either, but he had grown up with thunder and lightning. It was pouring rain outside, resulting in large crashes of thunder and lightning lighting up the night sky. George sat shivering in the living room as Samuel made tea. The smaller walked in and saw George's eyes lift, their blue-gray color fearful and panicked. Samuel smiled softly and sat next to him, handing him the mug and intertwining their fingers. 

"Thank you" Samuel pecked his cheek and smiled.  George nuzzled his cheek and sipped some of the tea, feeling the liquid scald down his throat, but not caring. He set the mug on the coffee table with a shaking hand. Samuel did the same and leaned back on the couch. He patted the cushion next to him, and George laid down, letting Samuel pet his head comfortingly. 

"Thank you, Sammy" Samuel huffed a laugh.

"You've already thanked me, darling. You needn't do it every two minutes" George smiled a little at Samuel's wisecrack and shook his head. He sat up and took Samuels face in his hands gently, staring intently into his eyes.

"No. I mean, thank you for taking care of me, even when I haven't been the best Fiance I could be. Thank you for being the most wonderful person I could ever imagine, thank you for having insecurities that I love, thank you for being who you are, because god knows I couldn't live without you." Samuel blinked away tears and kissed George, pushing him down on the couch. George laughed and wrapped his arms around Samuel, Letting the smaller rest his head on his chest. A loud crack of thunder went through the sky, and they remained still. Samuel's eyes brightened and he sat up quickly.

"You didn't get scared! I think you're cured!" he exclaimed. George smiled and pulled him back down

"I'd hope so" he mumbled

later

Thunder boomed once again as Samuel put the dishes away. George was at work, and it had been coming down hard for a few hours, but the thunder hadn't picked up for a bit. His phone rang, and he picked it up, seeing it was George.

"Hello?" 

"NOTCUREDNOTCUREDNOTCUREDNOTCUREDNOTCUREDNOTCURED"