Trapped

samuel put the dishes away, not looking at his husband. They had gotten into a fight two days ago, and they hadn't been on speaking terms since. Their daughter Charlotte was starting to get aggravated about this and had decided to put a stop to it.

"Daddy! Papa! Vieni Veloce!" Samuel nearly dropped the dish he was holding, slamming it in the corner and running to the room from which Charlotte had yelled from. George followed quickly behind him. They found themselves in the laundry room, hearing the door slam behind them. Samuel banged on the door. 

"Sorry guys, but I'm not letting you out until you make up!" Samuel frowned deeply.

"CHARLOTTE ROSE KING USCIRE QUESTO INSTANTANEO"

"Sorry Papa, but I'd rather get in trouble than watch you two be mad at each other anymore!" Samuel sighed and leaned his forehead against the door. 

"stubborn girl" He muttered. George sighed and rubbed his face in his hands.

"Get's it from me you know" He replied, smiling to himself a little Samuel turned around and glared.

"I'm still mad at you." He spat.

"So I guess we'll be in here for a while," George replied. Samuel leaned against the door, his eyes hostile.

"Sammy, why are you so angry?" George asked, finally having enough about this.

"George, you let her go out by herself! No phone, nothing to protect her, nothing so we know where she is!" Samuel exclaimed. George crossed his arms.

"So? It was only down the street to grab the food we ordered." George shrugged. Samuel's eyes ignited.

"We live in New York George! What would have happened if someone had taken her?!" He shot back. George sighed.

"Sammy, you're being overprotective."

"Am I?! I grew up on these streets, and do you know how many times I've had to tell someone I have pepper spray to get them to back off?" George looked at him with a deadpan look.

"And? There's no guarantee that's going to happen to Charlotte" Samuel's hands balled into fists.

"And there's no guarantee it won't!" He shot back. 

"Do you know why I'm so 'overprotective'?" he said, quoting on overprotective. George shook his head.

"One day when she was in third grade, she fell asleep on the bus. She didn't get off at her stop, and I was waiting for her to get off. Kids said she had gotten on but nobody had seen her get off. I called the school, and she wasn't at the school. The bus driver found her when she checked and drove her home. Our daughter was missing for an hour and a half. You were gone and I was trying to get ahold of you but you wouldn't pick up the phone. Do you know how scared I was?! That was the worst feeling in the world, and I don't intend to ever have to deal with that ever again." Tears had gathered in his eyes, and they were starting to spill. He wiped them away viciously. george blinked in surprise. He remembered the day it had happened. Samuel had called him maybe thirty times, texted him maybe a hundred. He hadn't known how bad it felt for him.

"Do you know why else? Because I was walking home from school one day and I had to pepper spray somebody to get them to get their hands off of me. New York is somewhere you can't let children go on their own George! Imagine what would have happened! you hear about the stories on the news! That could be our daughter!" He said, tears pouring down his face. george watched as his husband wiped his tears away once more, trying to keep his cool and failing miserably.

"Georgie, you and Charlotte are the two most important people in my life, and if anything happens to either of you, I don't know what I'll do. I hate being mad, and I hate being angry, but can you please understand that I know how dangerous this city is? I want her to have a better childhood than I did, and I just need you to trust me" Samuel looked George in the eye. Suddenly he found himself wrapped in an extremely tight hug, lips pressed to his.  george broke the kiss but kept Samuel to his chest.

"Darling I'm sorry. I-I didn't realize I didn't know-" Samuel cut him off.

"It's alright. I should have told you how I felt instead of yelling."

 "I love you"The door opened and they both fell backward, George turning them so he didn't squish the shorter man. Charlotte stood above them, hands on her hips.

"You guys made up right?" George laughed and Samuel giggled.

"yes, we made up. But as for you young lady..." Samuel said, standing up and brushing him and George off.

"I know, I know, I'm in trouble. I'd just like to first say that I'm glad to see the two of you made up and I am ready to accept any punishment you have planned for me," she said, adjusting her glasses. Samuel looked at George, who shook his head, a small grin on his face.

"I was going to say that it's your turn to pick for movie night" Charlotte blinked in surprise.

"hang on what?"

"Well, you did nothing wrong besides locking us in the laundry room, which I'm going to assume wasn't locked because it locks from the inside?" Charlotte rubbed the back of her neck, smiling awkwardly.

"Hehe... yeah, I kinda just held the knob still." 

"So technically, you did nothing wrong. So, your movie choice?" 

"the greatest showman!"

"then so be it," Samuel said happily, seeing George and Charlotte head towards the living room.

"Man I should lock you guys in the laundry room more often!" 

"Don't push it"

"Understood."

Okay! I really loved working on this! all i could think about during school was how much I wanted to write this. Anyway, I'm thinking that I should do a second ask chapter because I had a great time writing it. I also have another question from someone who showed up just a tad too late. I need more questions, so bring it on!