The Restaurant

"Order for 'Reynolds'?" Samuel called. the small restaurant buzzed as his kitchen staff quickly prepared food. He took the next bag of food down with the receipt, ready to call the next order. He felt a small tug on his apron and turned around to see George behind him, grinning keenly. Samuel pecked his lips quickly.

"Hello, love." He turned back to the counter.

"Order for Hamilton?" He called again.  He handed the bag to a woman with a sky0blue tule dress and long brown hair. The Reynolds order laid untouched.

"Order for 'Reynolds'!" he called, louder this time. George pulled him back. Samuel laughed and kissed him on the cheek.

"I'm working Georgie." He said, propping a hand on his hip. George chuckled and leaned against the wall.

"Oh fine. But it's date night, and I'd like to get you out of here as quickly as possible." Samuel laughed.

"Alright alright. Just let me get through these orders." He turned back around to see a scowling man, opening his bag. 

"Can I help you, sir?"

"Uh yeah. Is he your boyfriend?"

"Husband, actually," Samuel said proudly. He held up his left hand, showing a midnight blue rubber wedding band.

"Disgusting" He spat. Samuel blinked in surprise. The man dug through his bag and retrieved the container of soup.

"I can't believe they legalized this. You're going to burn in hell." Samuel looked at him curiously. He never got many insults, new york being mainly inclusive. The man unscrewed the lid and dumped the soup over Samuel's head. Samuel yelped at the sudden heat. It ran over his eyes. He wiped them and took off his glasses. He blinked a few times before frowning.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave." The man grinned.

"What? Your big bad husband not gonna protect you?" George looked about ready to snap that man's neck.

"Listen here you little-" 

"That won't be necessary." A taller, dark-skinned man stepped forward. He was wearing a blue uniform and black pants.

"Officer George Washington. Sir, I'm going to ask you to leave." 

"What?! You're going to let the two of them get away with the satanic crap they're pulling, and ask me to leave?" Washington crossed his arms and frowned.

"They're breaking no laws. Now please vacate the premises or i will be forced to arrest you" The man stared at him for a minute, then stomped out the door in a rage. Washington turned to Samuel, who was flicking his hands in an attempt to rid himself of the lukewarm substance.

"Are you alright sir?"  Samuel nodded.

"Quite. Let me get your food, on the house" He pulled the bag that had the ticket with Washington on the side of it.

"I can't let you do that"

"You can and you will. Thank you for your service." Washington smiled and walked out the door. Samuel looked at George and started laughing.

"What a way to start date night." He said. George chuckled.

"Let's get you cleaned up love."

"Mr.King! I'm Alexander Hamilton from the New York Post, and I was wondering if i could do an interview?"

Part two coming soon!