insert title name

Hey, Y'all! SO This is gonna be the last update for a few days. I'm not leaving the book or anything, I just need a break for a few days. I've been writing all week and I think I've burned myself out a little. I'm working on that book i told you about a couple chapters ago, and I just feel like I need to focus on it. I'm also sick, so yeah. Everybody's excited about fall and I'm over here, miserable, downing Mucinex and orange juice with a season-change cold because I hate being sick. 

Samuel glanced across the table at Charles, keeping his head down. He continued eating his small portion of food, trying to think of a way out of this. He could change his number a contact info, there were helplines for this kind of thing. He knew this was abusive and he wanted to get out, but it was difficult. Charles had such a strong grip on him that he wasn't sure he could wriggle away from him.  

"Samuel" He looked up to see Charles, looking at him with a deadpanned expression.

"Y-yes?" 

"Why aren't you eating?" 

"I'm just not feeling well," Samuel said quietly. Charles' eyebrows pressed together.

"What?"

"The flu's catching at work, I think i just need to go lay down" He whimpered in response, trying to hide his face.

"Look at me when I talk to you" Samuel looked up at him.

"Go home and lay down, and don't come back until you can talk to me without being a whiny little bitch about it." Samuel nodded and walked out of the house silently, He touched the fresh bruises on his arms and swiped through his phone, calling someone. He pressed his phone to his ear.

"Hey Sam"

"Hey, George. Listen, I need help."

Two years later

Samuel stood on his tip-toes to reach the can on the top shelf, catching his wedding ring on his finger. He smiled to himself, checking the item off the shopping list. After he had ditched Charles, George and he had started a relationship, and gotten married after a year and a half of being together. He had stopped at the grocery store on his way home from dropping off some artwork for a client. He headed towards the dairy section, wondering if they had any ice-cream at the house. He decided that he would get George and him the little ben and jerry's containers. He stuck them in the basket, heading to grab heavy cream and some half and half. He felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around.

Charles stood there, a look of desperation in his eyes, contradicting the smirk on his face. Samuel blinked in surprise, taking a step back from his abusive ex-boyfriend. 

"Samuel! Babes, it's been too long!" he said. Samuel frowned.

"Don't call me that, and frankly, it hasn't been long enough." He said bitterly. Charles' smiled fell and went to a frown.

"Aw don't be like that! I was hoping that we could grab dinner, bring back what we had!" Samuel rolled his eyes and pushed past him.

"I'm married Charles, leave me alone," He said flatly. Charles grabbed his arm. He turned around glaring daggers. People were starting to stare.

"you're mine, and I will kill you if you don't come with me right now."  Samuel jerked his arm away.

"With all these witnesses? Nice try Charles. What we had was abusive, and I don't intend to ever go back to that." Charles' faces reddened. He swung his right fist, cutting into Samuel's cheek. Samuel didn't react as he pulled a small can out of his pocket and pointed it at Charles' face.

"Get away from me, or I will use this." He said. His voice was low and dangerous, his eyes dark. charles laughed.

"You haven't got the balls. Now come on, quit playing around." Charles returned, an evil grin on his face. He reached for Samuel's arm. He pressed down the button, a mist of the red liquid going directly into Charles' eyes. The man screamed and clawed at his eyes. Samuel put it away and crouched next to him, where he had fallen.

"You ever fucking come near me again, i will do it again, for longer. Do you understand me?" Charles nodded frantically and ran away.  Samuel sighed deeply and checked his list again. Nothing missing. Good. He went back down the aisle, staring at him.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," he said sarcastically, grinning slightly.