Anniversary

The dress above is the dress Samuel was wearing. George is in his usual red outfit this was a headcanon that I made in the last chapter, and now its a chapter. Look at me, being all creative,

Samuel looked around the ballroom, looking to see if there was anything else to do. He had socialized with several people. He had discovered that politics and the weather got quite boring after a while. He wasn't fully paying attention as somebody approached him. He snapped back to focus as the glinting crown nearly blinded him.

"May I have this dance?" The king said. Samuel looked at him in awe. Why on earth would he want a dance from a servant like him?

"Samuel?" Samuel stopped staring and blushed intensely.

"ya-yes your majesty! That sounds great!" He stammered. George smiled brightly.

"Perfect! Come on, they're playing my favorite song!"

Samuel cherished this memory as one would cherish the most valuable item in their life. To him, it was, the truth being things only went uphill from there. The two of them instantly hit it off and got married within about four months of dating. Now here they were, their first wedding anniversary. Samuel looked at himself in the mirror. He was wearing the dress he had worn when George and he had met. He had carefully done his hair and adjusted the silk flower crown George had left him that morning. He determined himself ready and slipped on the shoes, black pumps with heels. He stepped out into the hallway, walking quickly down the halls to the ballroom doors. He gripped the handle and took a deep breath. He opened it and stepped inside, seeing George standing in the middle of the room, smiling widely. 

"May I have this dance?" He bowed and extended his hand to him. Samuel laughed a bit and took Georges hand. His husband kissed his knuckles gently and stood up.

"You look as beautiful as the day I met you," he said sweetly. Samuel looked up at him,         starry-eyed. George wrapped an arm around his waist and held his hand with the other, swaying as the music started. He hummed softly, knowing all the lyrics to the song.

"And when push, comes to shove, I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love" Samuel laughed at George's joking expression as he twirled him in the air quickly. The song ended, Samuel laughing as George nuzzled his neck and kept him about four inches off the ground for a minute or two. He set him down and kept his hands on Samuels' hips, smiling. He took out a black ring box.

"I love you to the ends of the earth, Sammy. and let me tell you that every minute of your life so that you never forget." He flicked it open and took out a small gold wedding ring, a single small diamond embedded into the band. Tears flooded Samuel's eyes as he took the ring and noticed the engraved word on the inside again.

"For you, I'll always be back"

Tears poured down Samuels face as George picked him up bridal style and kissed him sweetly. He wiped his husband's tears away.

"And to think, I knitted you a cardigan," Samuel said, laughing lightly. George nuzzled his neck again.

"I would have it no other way darling"