"I'm sorry"

"We've lost the war, your majesty. I'm sorry." The words rang in George's ears even after the general had left. America was it's own country now. It couldn't be! They had been doing so well, and then Yorktown...

"Georgie, are you alright?" Samuel touched George's shoulder, turning George to face him.

"It'll be fi-" George jerked away.

"NO! IT"S NOT GOING TO BE FINE! Samuel, we lost the war, and thousands of men died! YOU CAN'T COMFORT ME THIS TIME! SO JUST-JUST LEAVE!" He yelled. Samuel stepped back, tears gathering in his eyes. George's anger diminished.

"Samuel I-"

"No. It's clear what you want." Samuel spat. he ran out the door, leaving George with a pain in his chest. What had he just done? He had just yelled at the love of his life, because of a stupid war that didn't even involve him! He ran out into the hallway, but Samuel was gone. He'd become his father, hadn't he? The yelling, next hitting his Samuel. No, he could never hurt Samuel. Well, that's an ironic statement, considering what just happened. He leaned against the wall and slid to the floor, hiding his face in his hands. He always had a temper, but he had never snapped at Samuel before. SUre he had been grumpy and sarcastic some days, but Samuel usually made him feel better, one way or another. 

"SIre, are you quite alright?" George looked up and saw Mrs. Abigail Hemmings, one of his favorite servants.

"I'm not Abby. I'm really not." He sighed. The maid sat down next to him, sighing. She had been on her feet all day.

"I yelled at Samuel, and I think that he's really hurt, but I don't know how to apologize, it's just, I've always kept my temper in check when I'm with him, and he's never seen this side of me. I'm worried that he won't want to be with me anymore because of it." Abigail patted his hand, smiling warmly.

"I wouldn't worry about it, dear. I've seen the way the two of you look at each other. It's something special, what you two have. don't let it go to waste." She got up and smiled at him one last time before leaving. He knew what to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~about an hour later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George walked down the garden path to where he knew Samuel would be. This was always the spot he went when he was upset about something. George stopped at the lavender bush, ignoring the bees buzzing lazily around the flowers. He saw Samuel sitting on the little bench, tears pouring down his face, looking at the locket George had gotten him for his birthday.

"Sammy?" He said quietly. Samuel wiped his tears away, snapping the locket closed quickly and tucking it back behind his cravat.

"What do you want?" HE spat. George sighed.

"Samuel, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell, I was just upset, and i know what I did is unacceptable, but please just- just forgive me." Samuel glared at him and looked away. George's eyes were slowly gathering tears.

"You say, the price of my love's not a price that your willing to pay." He sang softly. Samuel glanced in his direction half-heartedly.

"I yelled, and I tried to push you away." His voice cracked.

"I love you. You don't know. wherever you are, I will go.  for your love, for your praise, I'll love you till my dying days" Samuel looked at him, mouth slightly agape.

"When you're gone, I'll go mad, so don't throw away this thing we had. and when push, comes to shove, i will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love." George kneeled in front of Samuel and took his hands into his own, staring up at him.

"Sammy, I'm sorry. I never want to fight again." Samuel smiled and lifted him up, standing up as well. 

"Neither do I." They kissed, and all was well.

Okay! Writer's block is starting to give out, and I'm working on an art project to help speed up the process. Y'all need to be more specific with the requests, you know. Alright, nerds, I'll see you on the other side of the war!