Something Special

Requested by AnneyongArmys. I love you and I hope you're doing well.

---

"That looks good, right?" you asked yourself, backing away from the display in front of you. You looked at the little pieces that were decorating the dining room. Balloons were tied to the chairs and a three-layered cake was sitting on the table that you had decorated. You had made the cake yourself with a little bit of help from Jin before he left with the others, careful not to let the birthday-boy catch a glimpse of it. He had placed everything together and then let you decorate it, since you knew that you would destroy all the layers if you just glanced at them. Presents were set up in a neat little huddle and little decorations that you made yourself were set up around the table and dining room. You decided that your handiwork was perfect just when Yoongi texted you saying that they were done.

It was Hoseok's birthday. You wanted to do something special for him since he was always the first one to wish you happy birthday. He never seemed to forget it, and that was probably due to him reciting the date you were due when your mom was pregnant. You thought you should pay him back for that this year, so you told your other brothers to take him out and let him go shopping or something while you set up everything. This would be a little surprise party for him, since he was in charge of the surprise party they threw for your twelfth birthday.

It wasn't long until you heard the door open. You rushed to the living room and watched as Hoseok entered, giggling. He saw you and pouted. "Why didn't you go, dongsaeng? We had so much fun! I even bought you a few things."

"That's unimportant right now," you dismissed before taking his wrist and dragging him through the kitchen. The cake was facing the entrance to the kitchen from the dining room, so it would make sense to bring him that way. Taehyung skipped over to the entrance from the living room and waited until you were ready to turn the lights on in there. "Okay," you said after you positioned Hoseok to where his back was to the dining room. "I'm ready, Tae."

The lights flicked on and Hoseok turned before smiling. You thought you had broken him, since he just marveled at everything with wide eyes. It had to be a full minute before he looked at you. "Did you do this?"

"Happy birthday, Hoseok!" you cheered, hugging him, your other brothers joined in, all smiling.

"I did do the cake, but she decorated it," Jin announced and Jimin swatted at him.

"Don't take all of sis's glory," Jimin scolded.

"Why did you do this?" Hoseok asked, chuckling a bit from shock.

"Because you always remember my birthday and you always put so much effort into my gifts and parties," you explained. "I thought I should do the same, just to repay you."

He hugged you tightly. "You're such a sweetheart," he cooed giving you a bunch of kisses. "You didn't have to do this."

"You don't have to do it either," you told him. "I just wanted to ensure you had a very happy twenty-fourth birthday."

"I'll always have a good birthday as long as you're there," he grinned before sighing. "They didn't let me eat so I'm starving. When can I get a piece of that cake?"

---

reader: OMG YOU MESSAGED ME I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAN SENPAI NOTICED ME

me: i'm not that important. why do people freak out over authors messaging them or following them

*favorite author follows me back*

me: OMG YOU MESSAGED ME IM YOUR BIGGEST FAN SENPAI NOTICE ME

me: oh, i get it now