300

for all you fellow bowlers out there ~

---

Your heartbeat was pounding inside of you as you stuck your fingers into your bowling ball. You took a deep breath before you stepped onto the approach, calm. You took your stance before following through with your approach and releasing your ball onto the lane in front of you. You watched your ball roll forward, crashing into the pins ahead of you. You heard a sequence of applause behind you as your tenth strike in a row popped up on the scoreboard. You turned and went back to the ball return to prepare for your next ball.

The Kim family was attending one of the biggest tournaments in your region. You had surprisingly made it the finals before you headed off to nationals. But you were alone. Jungkook was too old to bowl in the tournament, so it was just you this year. So, instead of bowling next to you, he was sitting with your brothers, now daring to coach you since you were awfully close to a perfect game.

You got up and threw your ball again, another strike appearing on the scoreboard. One more and you'd have a 300. You wiped your hands to get rid of your nervous sweat. You breathed a few slow breaths to keep your heart steady before you stepped up to the approach for the last time. You followed through just like you had done before, watching all the pins fall like dominoes. Just as the last pin toppled over, the crowd gathered behind the lanes stood, shouting and applauding. You turned around and walked back, your legs shaking.

"That's my sister!" Jimin cheered, running down from the area he had been sitting in. He crashed into you and pulled you into a tight hug.

"Awe, she's crying," Jimin's twin commented, seeing your eyes get teary.

You pushed away from the twins and headed over to your youngest sibling, wiping away the tears that were trying to fall over the dam you were holding them behind.

"Hey, why are you crying?" Jungkook asked you as he pulled you into a hug. "Shouldn't you be doing your happy dance?"

"Are you proud of me?" you asked him.

Jungkook looked at you strangely. "Of course. Always, sis. Why?"

"I got that for you," you answered. "You said last night that your goal was to get a 300 in one of these tournaments, but you never did. So, I did it for you."

Jungkook's heart melted. He embraced you once more, swaying a bit. "Sis, I did want a perfect game in a tournament, but you should've done it for yourself. Forget about what I want."

"But you're my coach," you continued.

"I'm your brother whose telling you that you should take that win for yourself. You threw the ball – I didn't." He gave you a quick peck on the top of your head.

"Celebratory dinner?" you heard someone ask. You looked up to see Jin holding up the car keys.

"I'm driving." Yoongi quickly took the keys and stuffed them in his pocket. "You drive as slow as molasses."

"Excuse me, but you drive like a bat out of Hades," Jin argued, and the two walked off, arguing about who was the better driver.

"I think we need to get going or they'll leave without us," Namjoon chuckled, Hoseok nodding behind him.

"Good job, (Y/N)," Jungkook grinned before grabbing your stuff and walking out with you, his arm slung over your shoulders. 

---

We're learning about Greece in world civ so our project is coming up with an original god or goddess and their myth and everything and honestly this is my time to shine because I have all these mythology facts stored in my head from fourth grade

My goddess is the goddess of infidelity and she's been through a lot so she'slooking for revenge. When I'm done with the myth, I'll probably show you guys because I'm really proud of it :))