Bonding (Part Seven)

You and Jungkook were in the play room, doing your separate things. He was playing with his action figures, you were playing with your learning toys. And no, you weren't learning. You were just pressing random buttons and watching the lights light up.

You switched to one of your toys that you hadn't been playing with that often. You were a little older than a year, and more and more words had been added to your vocabulary. And when you pressed a button on your toy and it wouldn't light up, you got to use one of those new words.

You grabbed your toy and waddled over to Jungkook. "Help," you said, a bit of drool running down your chin. "Pees."

Jungkook looked up from his superhero toys. "What is it?" He grabbed your toy and pressed one of the buttons, but it didn't light up like it should have. He turned it over and saw that the power was on. "Maybe the batteries are out. Let's go ask eomma." He stood and grabbed your hand with his free one and you both walked to your parents' bedroom where your mom was cleaning out her closet. "Eomma?"

"Yes?" your mom answered. You saw her pop out from her closet door and she observed her two youngest looking at her pleadingly. "What's wrong?"

"Her toy won't come on," Jungkook explained, pressing a button to demonstrate.

"Help," you said, picking your nose.

Your mom smiled and walked over. She grabbed your toy and walked over to her nightstand before getting the batteries out of the toy before replacing them with the ones in the TV remote. She pressed a button and your toy lit up, earning a small gasp from you. She came back and handed you your toy. "All better?"

You nodded, before grabbing Jungkook's shorts. "Play wif me," you said, tugging at the fabric.

"Okay, okay," the seven-year-old giggled, before walking out of the bedroom with you hanging onto his britches.

---