The Family Glue (Part One)

Requested by ajshawolarmy and sort of kind of breadginnie_04121992. You asked for a fight and this will last three chapters so i kind of ushered it into this request. hope you don't mind :)

! very sad, one curse word, and separate au !

again, i recommend waiting to read this so you're not sad on Christmas Eve/Christmas.

---

"What is so wrong with me trying to follow my dream?" Taehyung hissed.

"It's not smart to just leave everything and go to Japan," you reasoned.

"How so?" Taehyung asked. His fists were clenched under the dinner table and he was on the verge of snapping.

"You have nothing, Taehyung!" you answered. "Once you go there, you're going to be poor and hungry. Art isn't going to get you anywhere unless you're dead."

"Bull shit," Taehyung growled.

"Calm down," Yoongi demanded, placing his fork on his plate. He looked at Jin across the table, wondering why the oldest hadn't made an effort to stop the unrest between you and Taehyung. "(Y/N), if Tae wants to make this decision, it's his to make. He's twenty-six. He can do what he wants, even if we don't want him to."

"It's a stupid idea, though," you continued. "It makes no sense. At least get a good job and save up money so you won't have to rely on us to pay for your rent."

"You're not paying anything," Taehyung stated. "What does it matter to you, then?"

"I just don't want something bad to happen to you," you said. "I didn't know you were this stupid-"

"Kim (Y/N)," Yoongi said, his tone sharp.

Your lips sealed shut and you looked at your plate.

The others at the table thought that would be it. Yoongi made sure you weren't going to do anything else and continued eating. The others followed suit, too scared to make a noise.

Suddenly, Taehyung's hand slammed against the table and his chair screeched as he scooted it back. "Alright, (Y/N), I've never said anything stupid about your decisions. I always supported you no matter what. If you want to play like this, just wait. I won't ever help you with your dreams ever again."

"Taehyung," Hoseok said, looking up at the blonde standing next to him.

"Shut up, hyung," the younger said through gnashed teeth.

"Hey," Namjoon coughed. "Don't be like that."

"Then control your stupid sister." After those venomous words left Taehyung's mouth, he stormed off, his angry aura leaving him.

"You shouldn't have done that," Jungkook stated.

You looked up and glared at him. "I caught onto that."

He shrugged. "You know he's been stressed recently. That didn't help."

"Jungkook, be quiet," Namjoon said. "She understands."

Jungkook just shrugged and excused himself from the table and left to see how his older brother was doing. The rest of the siblings continued to eat quietly, too on edge to say anything.

Later when the two oldest were in bed and the room was dark with midnight hues, Yoongi rolled over in his bed to look at his older brother. "Hyung," he whispered into the cool night air. "Are you still awake."