Reaction

Requested by WillowCat299. I hope you like it and thank you for requesting!

This may be a little more sugarcoated because I don't know how hard this would be irl since I've never experienced anything like this - both sides included, not just one. (i worded that really weirdly sorry lol ://) I hope it does justice tho!

---

"Namjoonie, can I talk to you?" you asked, coming to sit next to him on his bed. He was currently filling out an application for a job, a packet of paper sitting in his lap and pen between his fingers.

"I don't see why you couldn't," he answered before checking something off on the front page.

"Okay, well, you know (Friend/N) right?" you started.

Namjoon nodded. "That's the one that you worked with that one day after school, right? When you went to help a teacher clean?"

You nodded. "Mhm. Well, we were talking today and all of a sudden, she got really sad or something. Like, I can't really describe it. She just got really down."

Namjoon finally looked up, setting his packet aside, along with the pen. "Mhm?"

"And I was like, 'what's wrong?' And she just tried to brush it off, but I know her better than that, you know? So, I just kind of sat there while she didn't say anything and then she told me that she's gay," you finished, pulling your lips into a thin line.

Namjoon blinked. "And? What happened then?"

"Well, I asked her if I was the first person she told and she said yes, so I just... I don't know what I did actually. I think I just sat there. And then the bell rang and she looked upset and just walked out. I didn't see her the rest of the day," you explained.

"Do you... Are you not comfortable with that?" Namjoon asked you, his chin in his hand.

You opened your mouth to answer but closed it. You swallowed. "That's what I wanted to talk about." You hung your head, scratching at the back of your neck nervously. "I'm not sure what I should do. Or how I should react."

"What do you think?" Namjoon asked. That was one of the things you loved about him. If you came to him for something, he'd ask about your opinion and your take on the situation before helping you execute your actions accordingly.

You looked up. "I don't think any differently," you answered. "I mean, she's still my friend. She's still the Sebastian to my Ciel. I don't think anything changed. Did it?"

Namjoon shook his head. "No. Are you worried that you should react in a different way?"

You looked off to the side. "Kind of. I feel like I should have comforted her or something, but I've never... I don't know how to comfort someone in a situation like that. And I'm afraid that if she comes out to more people, they'll be against it and if they see me hanging out with her, they won't like me."

"But it's your choice to hang out with her or not, not them. If they don't like it, why care?" Namjoon questioned. "And I think she might have liked having your presence there more than anything. You could have comforted her, I guess, but I think you being there and listening was more important."

You nodded. "I just wanted reassurance, I guess. You know-" Your phone buzzed in your pocket and you took it out. "Oh, it's her."

"What'd she say?" Namjoon cocked his head to the side, much like a curious puppy.

"She said sorry for walking out in history," you stood as you typed a reply. "Hey, thank you," you said, hugging your brother's neck. "I think I got it from here."