Aggressive

Steal the bacon was one the worst games, ever. You told your friends that as you all lined up on the side line at your school's annual retreat. Your friend said Jungkook, who was on the other team going against yours, would probably tackle his little sister the first chance he got. You agreed, though you knew the other senior boys on his team were way more aggressive.

You repeated your assigned number over and over again in your mind. You occasionally glanced over at Jungkook and would give a thumbs up. You would just sigh and dread the moment your number got called.

And soon, it was.

"Two!" was blared and you started your way towards the center, but slowing down when you saw one of your senior friends make her way towards you.

"You can have it," she said, circling the "bacon" in the center of the court.

"No, you can," you argued, not really wanting to take it and have her tag you.

"Four!" was yelled and soon, two senior boys came running towards you two. The two immediately faced off, screening each other and gnashing teeth like two wild wolves fighting over a dead rodent.

"Take it, Minhee!" the boy on the opposing team hissed towards the girl who stood beside you.

"Who would I? You know I'm slow," she disagreed, crossing her arms. The two continued to argue and seeing how they were both distracted, you took the chance.

You reached down and grabbed the bean bag. Eli, Jungkook's friend who was gladly placed on your team, tried to push the opposing boy back to let you run away, but he was pushed back and the hungry wolf took after you, the innocent lamb who had shaky knees.

Your hair was pulled and you were thrown to the ground forcefully. The bean bag left your hand and you sighed, knowing you had cost your team a point.

"What the heck?" Eli screeched. "She's just an eighth-grader."

You walked off, defeated and a little sore. You heard a grunt that made you turn around, followed by a lot yelling. You saw that your brother's fist was clenched as he was being held back by a few other students. The boy who had pushed you was holding his nose as people asked him if he was okay. "Don't touch my sister like that," Jungkook growled. He tried to free himself from the hands holding him. "You hear me? I'll hit you harder if you think I'll let you do that again!"

You gulped, intimidated by the situation. You've never really seen your youngest brother like this. You watched as a teacher asked for Jungkook and the boy whose nose was currently bleeding to sit out for the rest of the day.

***

"Are you okay after that?" Jungkook asked you on the ride home. Jin had to have a chat with the principal, so you two didn't have to walk home.

You nodded. "You shouldn't have punched him."

Jungkook sighed. "I know. But he shouldn't have done what he did."

"But two wrongs don't make a right, Jungkookie," you giggled.

Your brother shrugged. "As long as I come out on top, it's okay."

---