Stationary

Requested by chaetaejin. I hope you like it and thank you for requesting!

---

"These are all so cute," you cooed, standing in front of the different selection of cards displayed on the store's shelves. Each pack had different designs and colors used and you couldn't find one you like the most since each and every pack seemed to call your name. "I don't think I can pick just one."

"Who said you had to get just one?" Taehyung chuckled. "Come on, if we're being serious about being pen-pals, we're going to be sending letters every week. You're going to need as many as you can get."

You sighed. "You pick out which ones you want first and then I'll get different ones."

Taehyung rolled his eyes, a smile appearing on his lips. "Do you have to be this difficult?"

Your brother was going to be moving soon and the more you thought about it, the sadder you got. Is wasn't like Jin when you cried at the news he was leaving only to realize he was just moving down the street. No, Taehyung, was moving all the way to Japan to start life as an artist and photographer – or at least that's what he hoped was going to happen. When he broke the news to everyone, you were very distraught as Taehyung was oftentimes your rock in hard situations. You didn't know if you could handle him being so far away after being accustomed to him being next door to you for your whole life. However, you and he quickly came to the conclusion that you'd write letters back and forth as hand-written notes would be more personal than a text or phone call (though you were sure there'd be a lot of those, too).

Taehyung reached forward and grabbed a pack of cards off the shelf. The cards were a beige color but were decorated in cute simple doodles of all sorts of dogs. "Your turn," he grinned, gestured with his head to the other packs.

You thought for a moment before grabbing a pack of mint green cards that had flowers printed on them. "Pick one more and then we can get some new pens," you said.

After you two finished up at the stationary store, you stopped at a café before you went home. You two bought a lot more that you originally planned since the supplies at the store were all so cute and artsy that you couldn't help but splurge a little. You couldn't wait to send the first letter written in the new pens you had gotten with handmade doodles on the edges to give it a more personal feel.

"I'm so nervous to get there," Taehyung admitted, stirring his straw around in his smoothie. "I have a whole bunch of stuff planned to do, but at the same time, I'm nervous to be alone. It'll be weird going to all these new places with no one to experience it with me."

"I'm sure you'll fit right in," you reassured. "Send lots of pics when you get there."

"I will, don't worry," he agreed.

A silence fell over the table as you both sipped at your drinks before you sighed at the lack of nothing to say. You kept feeling tears surface as you thought about your brother, but you blinked them away as they came, not wanting to cry for another time over the whole ordeal. "I'm glad you're doing something you love, though," you quickly choked out. "I remember you always complained about not knowing what to do with your life since you couldn't find something you liked around here."

Taehyung shrugged. "I just feel like there's more out there for me than just Seoul. I mean, it's where my family is, but I want to get out and live a little. Finally start a career of some sort. But I won't forget all the good memories here, okay?"

You sniffled. "You can always come back if things don't work out. I don't care if I'm married and have kids if you come back, you'll always be welcome to stay with me."

Taehyung chuckled. "So you get to make the household decisions now, huh?"

"I'm pretty sure I always have," you giggled. "I think we have established this already."

Taehyung pouted. "I'm really going to miss you and the boys, you know?"

You stood and started to gather your things. "If you're going to make me cry, we can consider this day-trip done because I'm not dealing with sadness today."

"Wait, come back!" You heard your brother laugh as he grabbed the strap of your purse to prevent you from leaving. And that was what you were going to miss. The genuine familial love you had for each other and how close you two had become over the years. Yes, you were close to all your brothers, but your and Taehyung's relationship was different. You could count on him for everything, whatever the situation may be. And you were scared that when he moved, that bond would slowly unravel and when he'd come home for Christmas, nothing would be the same.

But there was no reason to be afraid. Because when you received the first letter from your brother out of the many he would send, he reminded you that despite being almost a thousand miles away from you, nothing could stop him from loving his baby sister. And when he came home for Christmas later that year, you can rest assured that you were the first one he hugged when he saw his family in the airport waiting.

---

I hope you liked it!!

guys stop crying there'll be a book four omg the world is not ending yet 😂😂