Fake Rumor

Requested by AlelmerholtGenie2007. I hope you like it and thank you for requesting!

---

During Spring league volleyball, you'd have to play a few schools one night a week after school. It wasn't ever a surprise when all your brothers would show up to support you. In fact, some of your friends looked forward to it and their bubbly personalities when it came to supporting their sister. However, you noticed that the twins hadn't shown up for the first game. During the break between games, you asked your siblings, and they all seemed to get awkward when the subject was brought up.

"Um, apparently they heard that you had made fun of them," Hoseok murmured. A few others nodded.

"What do you mean? I don't think I ever made fun of them," you defended. "Maybe in a joking way, but never in a harsh way."

"Well, they said that they weren't coming tonight because you made fun of their insecurities or something like that," Jungkook added. "I didn't really believe it when they said they heard it from (Y/Enemy's/Name) but I didn't argue."

You gave them an odd look before getting your bag and pulling your phone out. You went to your contacts and called Taehyung, the twin that you thought would be able to keep a level head for the longest. You didn't think he was going to pick up, but when he did, you could tell he probably didn't want to. "Yes?" he answered.

"Hey, what's going on?" you asked. "Hoseok told me that you heard I made fun of you. If you did hear me say anything, I'm sorry. If I normally say anything like that, it's in a joking-"

"Well, this time, it wasn't," Taehyung cut you off.

You frowned, sitting down in front of your siblings. "Well, can you tell me the whole situation because I don't recall anything."

"You made fun of Jimin's past," Taehyung answered. "And how you thought it was stupid that he was so insecure over his small stature. It had nothing to do with me." You could understand why he was involved, though, since Jimin was his twin, after all.

Your brows furrowed as you leaned forward. "When?"

"I don't know exactly. Sometime this week?" Taehyung answered. "Jimin's really upset, (Y/N)."

You sighed. "I... I would understand if he was. But where did you hear this from?" You couldn't remember saying anything like that about your brother. That wasn't something he liked to talk about, so you nor your siblings did either.

"(Y/Enemy's/N) said something about it," he replied.

You looked up at Jin, who had been watching you the whole time, ready for moral support. "Well, I literally never talk to her or hang out with her so I have no clue how she would have heard that."

"She said you told her at the mall," Taehyung explained.

You sat up. "I went to the mall with (Y/Best/Friend's/N), not her."

Taehyung paused. "You... you did?"

"Yeah." You leaned back on Jungkook's legs. "I have pictures for proof if you need me to send you those."

"No, it's fine," Taehyung said. You heard him sigh. "I- hang on, let me go talk with Jimin and tell him what you said." You could tell Taehyung had left the phone and you rolled your eyes. You put yourself on mute and looked up at your siblings. "I can't stand that girl. She starts more crap than you'd ever imagine." Your brothers nodded.

You unmuted yourself when you heard talking on the other end. "Hey, sorry about all that," Taehyung said. "I probably should have tried to look more into it but when Jimin's upset, I kinda just follow without knowing anything about what's going on."

"It's okay," you sympathized. "I just didn't see you on the stands when I looked up at the others and I got concerned. Then they told me what was going on and I was confused so I thought I should ask you."

There was rustling and suddenly Jimin's voice was yelling in your ear. "I love you, baby sis, and I'm sorry. I'm just sensitive to these things."

You giggled, now deaf. "It's no biggie. Just don't listen to her if she ever says anything like that again. She probably just wanted you to dislike me so you'd like her or something. I think she has an insane crush on you and Jungkook but you didn't hear that from me."

"Well, she's eight years younger than me so she never had a chance to begin with," Jimin chuckled. "How many games do you have left?"

"Two," you answered.

"Well, we'll get ready and be there as soon as we can. We owe you." You told them that would be okay and you exchanged good-byes and I love you's before you hung up.

"Well, I got that taken care of," you sighed, relieved.

"Now, who has a crush on me?" Jungkook asked, looking curious.

You rolled your eyes. "No one. She's not pre-approved so it's a no."

---

when i have to answer the phone at work because my friend won't

have a lovely weekend~!