Sweet Gesture

Requested by QueenOfTheMeadow. I hope you like it and thank you for requesting!

blonde namjoon will always be superior :3

---

When Jin decided it was time to get himself a new laptop, he gave you his old one so you wouldn't have to wait on him to finish what he was working on or vise versa. You enjoyed the new freedom of being able to take your "new-to-you" laptop anywhere without asking your oldest brother if he needed it. However, when you received the computer, it had already been through a few years of wear and tear, and into your first year of high school, or began to complain about how it was so slow and every time you tried to do something, it would say it needed an update and prevent you from finishing your task.

It was November and with Christmas just around the corner, Namjoon decided to help you out. He told his oldest brother that he'd take care of getting you a new laptop for the holiday. And instead of asking for money to buy it for you, Namjoon said that he'd pay for it from his own pocket. With that, Namjoon suddenly disappeared from home, and when you asked your brothers where he was all the time, they'd tell you that they were short on people at his work and that he was pulling as many shifts as they needed him to.

You were annoyed by this and thought that maybe he was avoiding you or the rest of your family. Because of his absence, you felt more and more distant from him. He would even work weekends, which he never had, and whenever you'd text him about go seeing a movie, he'd tell you that he was too busy.

However, a week before Christmas, Namjoon was present for dinner, which had been a rare occurrence during the past month. He stated that there was finally more help at his job and he was able to go back to his regular schedule. And with his reappearance, a new box under the Christmas also came.

It was Christmas Day and while everyone was opening gifts, you grabbed the biggest box first. A few of your presents had names in the corner saying who they were from specifically, and if there were no name, it meant that Jin bought it and didn't want all the credit go to him. The big box had Namjoon's name on it, and you looked up to see if he was watching. He was not, but rather holding the trash bag open for Yoongi who was trying to keep the amount of discarded wrapping paper down. You started to tear the paper around your present off and with each tear, you got excited. When it was all gone, you grinned.

"So that's why you were gone," you awed, tracing your finger along the edge of the laptop's box.

Namjoon had seen you start to open his gift earlier and he grinned. "Heh, yeah. I wanted to pay for it myself. There are some stickers in the box I got in case you want to put them on it."

You stood and hugged him. "Thank you, Namjoonie. I love it already."

---

lol my imgaines are getting shorter again but bear with me plez :))