Scary Stories (Part One)

These chapters are going to be super super long so really set aside some time to read these lol. This one is like 3k words, but the next one is a lot longer since Jungkook pops off lol

---

"Okay, that was not me," Taehyung defended. "The last time I went into your room was when you were sick and Jin made me check your temperature."

"Well, someone messed up my CDs, and I'm determined to find out who it was," Yoongi grumbled.

"It wasn't me," you stated, holding your hands up. "I'm not interested in your CDs, just your comfy chair."

"I'm going to find out who it is, or so help-"

FLICK!

"-me."

The lights in the Kim house were flicked off, leaving the living room to be a pitch-black expanse. You couldn't even see your hand in front of your face, it was so dark.

"Ew," Hoseok murmured. "I don't like this."

A phone's screen lit up, a picture of a starry night sky illuminating the circle of siblings on the floor. Jimin picked his phone up and turned on the flashlight before sitting it in the middle of the circle. "There we go."

"Ooh, you know what we should do?" Jungkook snickered.

"I'm not playing flashlight tag," Namjoon muttered. "Last time I played that, I got locked in the basement since Hoseok got scared."

"I wasn't letting a monster up in the house, whether it was a ghost or a sibling," Hoseok said.

"No, no, no," Jungkook shook his head. "We should tell scary stories."

Jin sighed. "Then no one is going to be able to sleep."

The youngest boy shrugged. "Oh well. Their loss, not mine."

"Yeah, let's share stories," Yoongi nodded, Taehyung doing the same.

Jin pursed his lips before rolling his eyes. "I guess. We'll all take turns sharing a scary story. I'm going to go find the lantern." He got up and took his phone to light the way as he went in search of a lantern you could use.

"I'll go first," Taehyung said, eager to share.

"Alright," Jungkook agreed. "Lay it on us."

Taehyung chuckled. "I call this 'The Living Doll.'"

***

You sighed, looking at the box in front of you. "Taehyung, I'm too old for a little doll," you rolled your eyes. "I don't want it. Go get your money back."

Your brother seemed sad at this news. "Are you sure? I got it because it had this uncanny resemblance to you. You sure you don't want this look-a-like?"

"No," you retorted. "That thing's creepy." You got up and began to head over to the stairs. "But thanks anyways."

Taehyung sighed before grabbing the box and heading out once again. "I just saw it in a window," he muttered. "Thought it'd be neat." He started out on the walk into the bigger part of town.

Taehyung walked and walked until he got to the street the store he had got the doll from was on. He looked at the familiar red roofing and made his way to the door. He turned the knob went to step in, but the locked door kept him from entering and instead made him run into it. "What?" He looked at the window in the door and read the paper that had been taped to it. "'Closed for good,'" he read. "But you were just open an hour ago!" He peered inside and everything was gone, leaving a vacant room. He groaned and looked at the box in his hands. "Looks like you're staying."