Noona (Part Five)

Your mom and dad always told you to treasure your younger brother when they were little because like most things, they'll grow up to be rotten adults that don't want to be pampered and spoiled by their older sister. You never really paid any mind to their words, thinking that your little brothers will always cherish you. But seeing how Namjoon and Hoseok were already blossoming into puberty, you reconsidered your thoughts. Maybe you would hold onto your little brothers more than you already were, just to cherish all the moments they wanted to hug and give you good night kisses before they started to push you away (cough cough, um, Namjoon).

So when nine-year-old Jungkook started making up excuses just to sleep with you, you tried not to get irritated. Normally, he only wanted to sleep with you if he had a nightmare or thought that the monster under his bed had enough of torturing him and was finally going to gobble him up in his sleep. But now, you realized he was only pretending he was scared. You'd just sigh and think to yourself, "Maybe he's being honest." But when he started going to your room right after he brushed his teeth, your sixteen-year-old mind finally caught on to his little boy antics.

That was how it was tonight. After you got ready for bed and entered your bedroom, you were met with your youngest brother grinning a toothy grin at you from under your covers. "Noona!" he greeted cheerfully. "I want to sleep with you tonight!"

You sighed, giving him a small grin. "That's fine, Kookie. But I have to work on some stuff, so I can't go to bed with you just yet."

Jungkook huffed, a little upset at your words. "But noona!"

You came over and sat on the bed. "I'll get to bed some time, Kookie. But I need to do a few things beforehand, okay?"

"Are you going to leave me?" he asked, looking at you sadly as he crawled out of the blankets to sit beside you. "What if the monsters come?"

You ruffled his hair. "I'm not leaving. I'm going to stay right here. But why don't you try to go to sleep without me? I'm going to be right here the whole time, so the monsters aren't going to come and get you."

"You promise?" Jungkook asked, grabbing your pinky finger with his. He gave it a little squeeze before looking up at you past his brown hair.

You reached up and kissed your thumb, sealing the promise. Jungkook giggled before quickly pecking his own thumb, his legs kicking back and forth with glee. "Okay, noona, I'll go to sleep." He then crawled back under the covers, grabbing his stuffed animal that he always went to bed with and closed his eyes, attempting to go to sleep.

You can guarantee that didn't last long.

You had just opened your laptop to finish citing a few sources you used for your research paper when you felt hot breath fan across your neck. You jumped and looked up to see your little brother hovering over you as you sat on the floor. "What are you doing, noona?" he asked cutely.

Your brows furrowed. "Homework, Jungkook. Why aren't you asleep?"

"Because you're not with me," he pouted, his bottom lip jutting out to further express how upset he was with you – and to draw you further and further into his trap of cuteness.

"I told you, I'll go to bed in a little bit. Let me finish up some things first, okay?" you pressed, hoping he wouldn't be like this all night.

"Fine," he grumbled, retreating back under the nest of pillows and blankets you had created for him.

It was just five minutes later before you heard him get up again. You rambled off a few curses in your head as he crawled over to you. "Noona, please go to sleep."

You looked up at his pleading face. "Jungkook, I don't have school tomorrow, so we have all day to play and have fun with each other. And if I get this done now, I can spend more time with you since I won't have to work on any homework. So, can you please go to bed? I promised you I'd stay right here, so nothing is going to get you and no nightmares are going to wake you up."

Jungkook sniffled. He really just wanted his noona to cuddle him to sleep. The twins were starting to tease him for relishing in your love, but he didn't care. You were his big sister, after all! You were always the one to come check on him and invite him to sleep in your bed when he told you he was scared of the monsters that were lurking in the dark. He didn't want to leave the affection you always showed him, no matter how much the twins laughed at him. "But, but noona."

You saw his eyes water and you felt your heart tug. You couldn't just let him cry! His bottom lip quivered and his sniffles became more frequent as he began crying. He was always a quiet crier – he didn't have loud sobs that shook his whole body. Rather, he just tried to choke them down. And you hated seeing him do that.

You shut your laptop off and pushed it to the side. You got up and turned the lights off before you crawled in bed beside your little brother. "Are you ready for bed, Kookie?"

Your little brother nodded and scooted closer to you under the covers. A couple more cries escaped his body before he finally calmed down and wrapped his arm around your body in a small hug. "I'm ready," he murmured cutely, feeling tired already.

You let out a sigh of relief. You didn't like it when your brothers were upset with you – or at all – and when you knew that they were angry or sad in any way, you wanted to fix it. "I hope you have sweet dreams, Kookie. Good night."

"I love you, noona." Jungkook's voice was a mere whisper and you barely heard it – he was close to finally drifting off to sleep. "Good night."

You planted a small kiss on the top of his forehead before you closed your eyes, welcoming a deep slumber as well.

---

I'm so glad you guys love this series as much as I do because I literally can't get enough of it